CPU Questions amd vs intel i dont get this stuff do it even matter which one u pick

hello to everyone who is looking at this i really need some people feed back on this becasue i just dont get it when i talk to some people about cpu's and which one would be better for a pc the 1st thing i allways here is go with intel over amd. when i ask why is intel better then amd no one ever can tellme why that is im trying to find out if intel is so much better then amd cpu's dont that mean by now amd would have shut down and stop makeing computer parts becasue there so bad and everyone likes intel ones better i really need someone to tellme i just dont get it.

AMD cpus are fine, great for the price / performance.
    The reason Intel is recommended is due to single threaded performance, Intel crushes AMD in this category and it so happens most games need single threaded performance. Blizzard games are VERY much dependent on single thread.

Google single threaded cpu benchmarks, the picture also gets a little less clear when you throw in multi-threaded streaming such as Xsplit / OBS, and other software/gaming setups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of what mook said is pretty much is.

It's not that AMD is bad. It's not, by any means.

It's just that when it comes to gaming, Intel has a better price/performance ratio in every budget segment. All other things being compatible, Intel has a better $50, $100, $200, and $300 package.

AMD is innovative, and also dominates the console GPU, and many mobile markets. My laptop (HP G6), which I absolutely love, is an AMD. The AMD APU's are a better choice on the ultra-budget sector, but those cases are few and far between.

As mook said, "Single Threaded Performance" (synonymous with "IPC" if you've heard people mention it) is the key. Most games only use 1 major core/thread. AMD went the route of "More cores" while Intel went the route of "Better cores". Technically, AMD has the right idea, in that more numerous, more efficient cores are better than less, bigger, faster ones. This is a result of Moores Law. You can only fit so much power into a single package, so the solution is clearly to make more packages, right? This is also the reason Hyperthreading became a thing.

Unfortunately, no matter what hardware and tech you aim for, it's only as good as the software that uses it. Your car can have 30 wheels stuffed in the trunk, and it won't go faster. Game developers largely focus on single core functionality (It's sort of the nature of the beast. Its difficult to write game code for multicore. Other programs have it easier), and in such, a "Bigger Faster" core thrives in the game environment.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab