7+ Year Old Account

How "required" is Boomkin next tier?

Now just in case the title gets blown out of proportion, other than cutting edge progression, I'm pretty sure that boomkins aren't necessarily required this tier.

Our guild (5/10M) has a very high performing Boomkin, and in the end we'd all prefer if he'd stay on his Druid, but he has interests in swapping to a Shadow Priest or Restoration Shaman. He would stay Boomkin if needed I believe.

How are Boomkins looking next tier? Do they have fights like Kromog and Beastlord where they're particularly strong on? In the end would it really matter if we had zero Boomkins?

Sorry if this answer is somewhere on these forums, I stick to the warrior forums.
    Last edited by Darmstadt; 2015-05-30 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're happy being 5/10 mythic now, then I'd imagine there is zero requirement for any class stacking in the next tier. Boomkins in general are pretty strong right now, but in BRF mythic I'd say theyre only really a requirement for BH, that said I'm sure somewhere there is a guild that killed him without one.

Boomkins have strengths like all classes, and obviously having an wide and varied roster makes killing bosses easier; that said you should be able to clear HC and a few of the easier bosses on mythic with any raid comp.

If you wish to push progression in the next tier, having a boomkin wouldn't be a bad thing. If it turns out to be the last and final tier (aka uber long) long enough for you to push the final bosses on mythic, then it may be required. But thats like 6+ months away, and would give you time to gear up another if necessary imo.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this tier our guild has had to go through a complete leadership overhaul, take a break to rebuild, and have done 5/10M in the 3 weeks of progression we've had.

Definitely looking to get a few more before 6.2, and looking to start strong out of the gate for HFC. So yeah, we'd be looking to push progression more intensely next tier.

It's hard for us to recruit any Boomkins at the moment,
    1. We can't seem to find many looking for guilds in general,
    2. They're looking for something further progressed,
    3. The ones we DO find are nowhere near the skill of our current Boomkin.
    Last edited by Darmstadt; 2015-05-30 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure that its not really clear what 'class stacking' is needed quite yet. Though its not the reason people take them, the trick to get warlocks, hunters and boomies up on the first balcony was one the really affected peoples stacking. As well as the original rogue siegetanking, and later monk siege tanking, and as gear progressed any tank could face tank siegemaker.

I'm sure hunters will be hunters, doing their deterrence soaking, alongside mages and so on. I think having boomies is just fine at your level of progress.

Find out if your raid team is looking to push hard enough to be class stacking...if so then it may matter which spec you should play. If not, play the spec you like to play. Just like this tier boomkins were overall the best, due to mechanics and specific encounters, but Feral was not bad.

Deleted
    before nerf, boomies were only required for balcony.

nowadays it's only helping to have a boomie.

on our farm runs we have total amount of 5 smashes.

1- skip
    2- me
    3- skip
    4- another boomie
    5- me
    6- if it happends - we skip

phase 3.

Ca + nature's vigil + starfall just makes it too easy for a boomie to solo a balcony but as stated eairlier.

they are no longer required for anything.