Poll: Which Rogue spec has been the most fun overall?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What spec has been the most fun for Rogues?

Ok guys this Poll is a response to the current discussion about all the Rogue spec buffs and nerfs coming up in the next patch...

Lets find out what spec is everyones favourite for Rogues... and im talking over ALL TIME in Wow. We dont want your current favourite spec and we dont want your favourite spec on PTR... we want to see which spec has given u the most joy over the years in Wow. What one do u enjoy playing the most... in either PvP or PvE, it doesnt matter.

This poll isnt about number crunching from the pro's or the cookie cutters... its simply about the spec which plays the best. Its all about playability and most rewarding.

So, what Rogue Spec has been your favourite spec over your Wow lifetime?

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard choice now that I actually think about how each spec has changed since I started back in Vanilla.

Going with nostalgia however, I'd vote Assassination during the Vanilla era because 31/8/12 5/8 NS.

Gotta go with 31/8/12 in Vanilla and, if I recall correctly, 41/20 "combat mutilate" from TBC. Always will have a soft spot for Assassination, but when I get better numbers with Sub coupled with the fact that I had only ever used it in PVP (Mace spec hemo lol) I thought of going for a little change of pace. If the two specs turn out to be close enough after 6.2 then I might go back Assassination.

Now, if you wanna talk about least favourite rogue spec....**cough*Combat*cough**

Definitely going with Subtlety. It's always felt the most Rogue for me.

I've always played sub all the way back since I started, it's felt the most natural and roguelike to me.

Im gonna go with assa just over sub. Combat is the least fun cause of killingspree

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Cata I loved subtlety.
    Cata to current, assassination.

I haven't played combat yet, but if the changes to rogues is as good as the changes every other class has had lately, combat is probably solid to play too.

ArP Combat <3 and combat in general sub is 2nd cause i absolutely HATE Sin only specced it like 5 times since i started maining rogue in Uld never liked the way it plays

I vote assassination

It's easy, but that allows me to focus on what's going on around me rather than having my eyes dart around between the floor, the target frame and weak auras or whatever other ui addition is used.

In addition, assassination just feels like the archetypical rogue which I love and I dont feel there is anything remotely rogueish about hammers and axes.

Still in love with Sub. It is challenging and interesting to play.

I really like combat. Feels like its at a sweet spot when it comes to stuff to manage without having to deal with OCD or doing cocaine while playing :P

(I know, I'm a scrub for not liking Sub, but hey! I'd pick Assasination any day over that mess of a spec)

I started playing combat when 3.0 came out (also when I started).

By ICC I had gone assassination (change where max stack of deadly would make additional stacks proc instant instead)

For 6.0 I went subtlety because of the lack of damage from mut, but the spec was so gutted with wod that I wouldn't play it again in its current state.

So it was assassin, but item having too much fun with sub to go back now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really difficult to pick one.

Leveled as Sub (mostly through BGs) back in Cata. Began my raiding career as Assassination, switched to Combat once I got into higher end raiding, now it's a mix of Combat and Sub, which I equally enjoy.

Each has their own special place with me.

Regardless of the actual mechanics of the spec, my favorite is Assassination. The theme has always interested me as the double dagger stabbing poisoner. Assassination is hardly my favorite based on playstyle, but I can't deny it was one of the main reasons I picked rogue.

Deleted
    Sub FTW.

I must ask though, why is Mut so high? Do we really want that extra downtime and lack of complexity?

Must admit, I liked how it allows you to pay more attention to the fight, but i thought we wanted more complex/fun rotations

Deleted
    I used to love the 3.0->3.3 HaT Subtlety spec for PvE, that was so dynamic and entertaining, nothing to compare to the current game.

Cata Sub. /10

I would have to go with combat during wrath.

I have to go with assassination only reason i play a rogue.

Deleted
    everything with daggers! sub vs assa... in my opinion combat always sucked.

Sub during Dragon Soul will always be my favorite time as rogue.
    Monk - Dasgrim
    Rogue - Discomboz