Poll: Which Rogue spec has been the most fun overall?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll say subtlety, I enjoy all rogue specs but it probably comes out ahead. I used to love leveling/PvE as combat though. :d

Deleted
    I had a lot of fun as Subt in TBC

Deleted
    So it looks like Sub and Assass are the favourite specs for Rogues....

It looks like its Combat which needs to be dropped to make way for a new interesting Rogue spec...?

Combat might endear itself to me again, if we got further into light-armored weapon master territory and unlocked 2h weapons and polearms for them. That and baseline death from above and similar moves.

HArP was fun for messing around as was dual mace spec with mace stuns. From the newer 'you must play as we tell you to' specs I enjoyed sub in DS the most

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is Assasination. Always has been my favorite spec since starting a rogue. Combat just seems so boring to me. I did level as Sub and sub is pretty fun its close to Assas.

Subtlety for PvP, Assassination for leveling and PvE; that has pretty much always been my preference, buffs and nerfs notwithstanding.

I voted Subtlety, as my highest priority is definitely PvP, and the spec has almost always had a depth to it that the others lack.

I love assassination mostly from a PvP point of view, especially now in WoD. I love that it has zero rotational cooldowns, and that outside of vendetta they don't rely on big cooldowns at all. The damage is very steady, and your burst is mostly tied to how much energy you have. I feel like I have so much control over my damage, it is amazing. I also love rupture multidotting, it feels meaningful and rewarding. One small negative I don't like much is the envenom "perk", but I can easily live with it.

What I also really like about assassination is the fantasy of the spec. I like how most of my damage is actually magic poison damage, even though I am a melee. I also like the depth of rupture proccing venomous wounds for more poison damage and of course a nice energy regen bonus which is very substantial when multidotting.

About the rogue class in general, I love the extreme mobility and of course stealth. Vanish while roaming around and ganking is pretty much OP when used right, coupled with cloak and BoS immortality is far more achievable for rogues than any other class in the game. Don't tell anyone though

What I also really like is how subtle rogue animations are. You have to really squint or listen carefully to see what a rogue is doing, I really like that. Spriest are also similar in that way, and one of the reason I like spriest so much. No flashy animations or projectiles. I know many people hate this about rogue, and probably spriest, but I really hope that Blizzard doesn't change it. Keeping big flashy attacks optional like DfA is good.

tl;dr I fucking love rogue, wish I had discovered them sooner in my WoW career.

Old Assassination.

PVE had an interesting and slightly complex rotation. Hunger for blood, Overkill, Vanish was a dps cooldown.

PVP hard hitting envenoms and Mutilates. No vendetta, No Venomous wounds. Just Overkill.

Now adays I dont find any Rogue spec fun thats why I cant keep playing Wow Like I use to.

10+ Year Old Account
    NONE of the above. Back pre-cata in the old Hybrid days.. LK Mut/prep.

Deleted
    i only play sub. When i get geared i will try the other two.

wotlk/arp combat
    everything but sub is so braindead atm, real shame we will be forced to play assa again

Started with Sub, ended with Assassination. I just prefer the play style of Assassination I think it's fun. Didn't really like Combat all that much it's my least favorite of the three specs.

Deleted
    PVP - 21/8/22.
    PVE - I'd have to say the old SF build when you had a decent amount of Naxx gear. Although, I did enjoy playing Assassination in WOTLK as well.

Deleted
    HARP was fun. I voted sub because when sub is boss in pvp it's fun to me.