Challenge Mode questions

I had some small questions with how things worked in CMs

Pre pot or dps pots, how do these work? What's the cooldown on them and how do they interfere with the invisibility pot?

Can I switch specs if I have talents or CDs on cooldown?

Whats the trick with people using army in the beginning of the instance and resetting then having it up shortly again? How does this reset work?

What are the best to worst tanks to bring for CMs? DK obviously being the number one spot for most of them, but how do Warriors and BM hold up?

How do you know what mixture of DPS to bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Pre pot or dps pots, how do these work? What's the cooldown on them and how do they interfere with the invisibility pot?
    Same as in raids, one minute cooldown starting when combat breaks (or immediately if out of combat). You want to prepot nearly every pull and double pot most bosses. The only exception being if it will force you to wait on an invis pot. To answer the second half invis pots put your potion on cooldown for ten minutes after using them and still follow the one minute rule above so do not pot within one minute of your invis location (or combat ending within one minute of it for a in combat potion).
    Can I switch specs if I have talents or CDs on cooldown?
    Yes though they will not refresh if they are still available in your other spec.

Whats the trick with people using army in the beginning of the instance and resetting then having it up shortly again? How does this reset work?
    All 3+ minute cooldowns reset with a CM reset but active procs/debuffs/summons etc. do not. It's not uncommon to let a BM hunter get high FF stacks if there is a large pull near the door as well among other things. As with most things in this post though not something to worry about for a first time gold run.

What are the best to worst tanks to bring for CMs? DK obviously being the number one spot for most of them, but how do Warriors and BM hold up?
    imo (and my opinion is far from law) DK >> BrM/Warrior > Pally >>> Druid, though anything will work just fine for gold runs.

How do you know what mixture of DPS to bring?
    If you're just going for gold it wont matter just bring the smart/decent ones. Melee dps is noticably more dangerous in CMs however some of the specs (warrior, WW, etc.) bring enough damage and utility to offset it. Again assuming equally competent players if you're just going for gold it wont really matter what you bring but an argument could be made for trying to limit yourself to one melee dps max.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2015-05-30 at 05:12 PM.

Just be sure that if you bring a warrior tank, that for the mage area of Everbloom, that you are ready to give them external cooldowns/stun a lot. I had major issues tanking that part of the CM. It felt somewhat difficult the whole way through, but that specific CM in that area was what held my group back for a bit.

I also did it on my DK and found the experience FAR easier.

If you can build your own CM team, I found destruction warlocks, frost mages, and ele shamans to all be quite effective.