Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    It's possible. I do this quite often though lol
    Well thanks for re-assuring I haven't completely lost my marbles....yet

Deleted
    A couple months ago I did this a few times for a mage in our guild. I queued with him has healer, left, and it didn't kick him out.

Buy a tank, finish 1st boss, then he can leave and you can continue.
    Sometimes even clearing the trash waves to the 1st boss will not kick you out with him if he leaves.

Or cause a wipe ;p

There's some sort of hidden tracking, where if done enough it will start kicking. We don't know the specifics.

Its like that in dungeons, but in LFR I believe you can still do it(at least with healers you can, not sure about tank leaving).

Just pay for a tank to clear the dungeon. 400-500g a run isn't bad for tanks

It can bug out and kick you too sometimes

at one point if u que'd with a tank buddy then u could trade him gold and he could go offline.. once kicked u would be fine. it might be saved to the first boss now. if u want just convince the tank next time to stay till first boss (probly only an extra 2 mins) to assure your place in there.

This was because of Cataclysm and their failure to understand the fundamental flaws of overly complicated dungeons in LFD.
    What ended up happening was tanks got the spanking and the emotional brunt of anger people had when they died even though, through my experience, the DPS would fuck up the CC or heals just couldn't heal right or a DPS who pulls too many mobs out of arrogance. This was horrible with a rogue/hunter with tricks/misdirect.

So after a while there was a *huge* shortage of tanks for obvious reasons and, for the life of Blizzard they couldn't understand why. So anyone would queue up as a tank and sell the spot, drop and leave -- effectively putting you from a 45 minute queue to an insta-queue. As far as the crew is concerned, that's all that happened.

I was *notorious* for watching out for this and either VTK'ing the person our or MD/trixing them to kill them over.. and over.. and over while we waited. Eventually, what usually happened, was people would leave group and that person would wait. I'd wait with them and you'd be surprised how PISSED they would get when I wouldn't re-queue us up. They thought they could "outlast" me because it was their day off. Bruddah, I have nothing but time on my hands... I'll farm herbs and ore all day long -- ya know, back when you could fly and doing such wasn't a huge PITA like it is today. Ahh, fun times trolling the asshats.

For me, it hasn't happened in a LONG time. There have been times as soon as I zoned in I had to leave to go do something (or take a massive dump) and it didn't remove my friend(s). I suppose I must not do it often enough. Did it today though... we both ended up leaving because we realized the last (and only) boss didn't drop anything we needed. We also didn't get the debuff either.

We later went on to arena and got a shit ton of conq and had more fun in pvp than we did in LFR.

So basically what I'm saying is: What you did is a dick move and you got booted. Either learn to game the system better or learn patience.

No, Blizzard still hasn't learned, yet, how to entice healers/tanks to do heroics that they don't need yet. I would suggest not expecting them to learn that this expansion.

The *only* time you catch me in heroic dungeons is when a guildy needs it and we don't have enough guildies for a full party. They need to offer me something fairly enticing to have me go in a pug just because. I'd even be OK with apexis crystals *and* them adding *far* more usage (in addition to their current plans) for them such as far more xmog (bring older stuff back!), Conquest Gear (such as double the amount of Conq needed with apexis), etc. I'd be far happier gearing up alts for things. Follower weapon/armor upgrades. I mean it'd be trivial for them to implement a better system... alas...

I love, love, loved the mage class but i had to reroll hybrid because queue times as a pure dps is brutal

Welcome to cataclysm!

Deleted
    Lol, for 400g I would have happily stayed in the dungeon and tanked the whole thing. The tank you hired must been a really big dickhead, or you have way too much gold :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Been like that for a while. One person is now annoyed, where as 3 other people were annoyed when people did this. Good change.

It was a minor annoyance at best. Front of the queue waits maybe 10 seconds for a tank, whereas the dps waits something like 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Lol, for 400g I would have happily stayed in the dungeon and tanked the whole thing. The tank you hired must been a really big dickhead, or you have way too much gold :P
    400 gold is like 1/6th of a garrison mission, but if you pay someone for a queue, it is expected that they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    400 gold is like 1/6th of a garrison mission
    For Blingtron's Vault with 3 treasure finders, maybe. If I was getting paid 400g per run, I'd tank the entire dungeon too.