Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's not the kid's fault they were born to parents full of stupid.

Deleted
    We're supposed to protect stupid/less unfortunate individuals, but if it's religion it's okay for dumb people to get others killed? Fuck those parents and their imaginary friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    And people need to read the whole thing they can do the surgery without the blood the doctor just does not want to take his time doing it. That type of surgery without blood has been going on since the early 2000's the doctor just being a dick is all.
    You know that a Liver Transplant is a bloody thing, loots of veins are paired to the Liver, what next operation without anesthesia because a some religion forbid intoxication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Parental rights also come with responsibilities though, such as ensuring the safety and well-being of their child(ren).
    Their counter-argument to this is of course that they are ensuring the well-being of their child's soul.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Their counter-argument to this is of course that they are ensuring the well-being of their child's soul.
    Shouldn't matter, their counter argument has no basis in law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    You know that a Liver Transplant is a bloody thing, loots of veins are paired to the Liver, what next operation without anesthesia because a some religion forbid intoxication.
    Well, Mother Theresa is celebrated as a saint and she wanted people to die in horrible pain rather than getting treated with medicine sooooo... sure!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you need a better understanding of history and religion.

I'll raise you a Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. (Sorry for derailing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I'll raise you a Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. (Sorry for derailing).
    Poseurs.

/10char

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If only people cared more about their current life than their after-life :c I mean I'm sure they're genuine in their beliefs and concern about their child's soul and all but it won't make them suddenly not liable.

Quote Originally Posted by eluan View Post
    Full story

Should the hospital even need permission from the parents to give lifesaving medical treatment to a minor? I think the hospital should only have to consult the parents if it is not a clear life or death scenario, but is that overstepping the rights of the parents?
    I am all for religious freedom until it harms someone else.

Yes these parents should be taken to court. religious freedom is fine until it harms someone else and in this case it harmed there child.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    You should only decide for yourself, otherwise no, religion shouldn't stop a child from getting treatment.