Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your listening habits

Not what you listen to, but how:

How many hours a day, or week, do you listen to music on average?

What media do you use for it?

is it background noise, are you doing anything else while listening?

10+ Year Old Account
    None, music gets stuck in my head far too easily and that bugs the ever living daylights out of me, so I don't listen to music except while playing games.

I don't listen as much as I used to, but when I do I prefer having the music at the center of attention. As a musician, I naturally listen closely. I have a large classical music collection, but at home with the baby I usually just have Pandora on to whatever channel, usually 60's stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll listen to The Ride of the Valkyries every now and then, but other than that I don't listen to music.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    I use music to free my mind. When I'm stressed I listening something up lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How many hours a day, or week, do you listen to music on average?
    At minimum, 5-6 hours a day. About 80 hours a week.

I listen to music all day long at work, on the way to work and I usually play music at home all day long.

What media do you use for it?
    Digital mostly. Otherwise vinyl at home.

is it background noise, are you doing anything else while listening?
    No and yes.

I pay attention to what I am listening to actively, yet I am always doing other things while listening to music. Working, gaming, writing, playing with my son, jogging, working out, shopping, etc.

Usually I hate music as background noise. Few things annoy me as much as music playing and my knowing others are not paying attention or it is essentially static. I reject this practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen to music I enjoy on my phone whilst walking to work. At work they have the radio on, so it's more of a background noise.

Rarely.

Pandora, YouTube surfing, what I've loaded on my cell phone.

Usually as background noise to other things I'm doing - except I can't listen to songs if I'm reading and I spend most of my time reading something (the words fight for my attention, and audible is more likely to overtake read; the TV being on in the other room or the same room I'm in will pretty much destroy my concentration on anything, even if I can't see the damn screen). Sometimes as the sole sensory input, when I'm having a blinding headache and waiting for my vision to return. Sometimes instrumental stuff just to set a mood.

When I'm in good spirits, I tend to sing along. I love to sing and have a hard time not at least humming along when music I'm familiar with is playing. I prefer speakers over headphones, unless they were clever about editing the song together (they generally aren't, anymore).

It's depressing to contemplate. I play a couple of instruments and can read music, but music is not a deep part of my life right now.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen to music:

At work if I can be at my desk, which usually ends up being 1-8 hours/day
    While driving, so 30mins-2hours/day
    When I'm at home, typically 1-5 hours per day

I'm always doing something while doing it and it's usually fast faced. It plays off my phone (in my car) or in headphones off my iTunes music library.

I'm kind of a music addict.

I listen to music while exercising. Usually non-vocal music. Other then that I probably listen to hundreds of lectures a week. I'm a bit of an information whore.

i'm not sure why, but music makes my head feel weird, so i only listen to it every now and then. sometimes it'll go from only once in a couple months, to one in a couple weeks.

pretty sure i haven't listened to any for about two months right now.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-05-31 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    woman's hour on radio 4 or gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 hours a day perhaps. Usually have the Two Steps from Hell channel playing if I'm playing Diablo. Or just rock music on Pandora, classic hits or new.
    Putin khuliyo

I listen to a lot of podcasts. PBS news, BBC news, technology, etc.

If I'm drinking I like to listen to music, I get the Billboard top 100 and listen to it from the top down. I haven't drank for 2 years though. Sometimes friends have music playing when I visit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I'll listen to The Ride of the Valkyries every now and then, but other than that I don't listen to music.
    You should add O Fortuna to your play list.

"Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    i listen to music a lot. probably about 60% of my waking time. although it's mostly metal with some good instrumental music.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I listen while working, jogging and walking. at least 50 hours a week. Mostly classic or rock.

Media sources: youtube, grooveshark, my ipod
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-05-31 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen to music and audio books between 3-8 hours every day, using YouTube for music and VLC for the audio books. It's just something to keep in the background while playing WoW or other games where I don't have sound enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will never understand why people don't have sound enabled on wow the music is simply amazing. unless of course you have absolutely no taste in music.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i will never understand why people don't have sound enabled on wow the music is simply amazing. unless of course you have absolutely no taste in music.
    I agree. The quality of music in WoW is very high and hard to come by in the gaming industry. I often tune down the special effect volume and boost ambiance and music.