Lightbulb With the new felblight in 6.2 how will skinners avoid others from ninja'ing?

Is it time for a skinning change, maybe throw in 1-2 minutes of "you can't skin that yet" to others who are trying to skin your fresh looted beasts?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    as far as i know if you kill a beast and your a skinner it "taps" it for you?
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

It doesn't tap for you if you kill it but what you can do, is not loot it. If you do not loot until you're ready to skin it, no one else can. If I saw someone trying to do that and I cared enough, I wouldn't loot it and just stand there .. he's not gonna have a staring contest with me .. when he leaves, I'll skin it. (I doubt they even realize I am a skinner and not just some dick not looting on purpose.)

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    It doesn't tap for you if you kill it but what you can do, is not loot it. If you do not loot until you're ready to skin it, no one else can. If I saw someone trying to do that and I cared enough, I wouldn't loot it and just stand there .. he's not gonna have a staring contest with me .. when he leaves, I'll skin it. (I doubt they even realize I am a skinner and not just some dick not looting on purpose.)
    Even if I am on a non-skinning alt, if I am killing trash/quest mobs, and some douchebag is so presumptive as to stand there and hover directly over my kills waiting for me to loot to skin them, I simply wouldn't loot them. If they are a quest mob where I would need to loot a quest item, I would hold down my shift key as the auto-loot override, grab only the quest item, and leave whatever grey junk on them to prevent skinning, because fuck that guy.

If he would have come along after I would have moved on naturally and wasn't trying to ninja skins, it wouldn't have bothered me, and he could skin to his heart's content. It's all about basic etiquette.

That said, if I *was* on a skinner, and I see other skinners running around trying to vacuum up left overs, I would just try to refrain from killing/looting too many things simultaneously to avoid situations where I am liking to be beaten to skinning my own skin.

I'd probably just grab a phase from group finder if there was competition for an area

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    as far as i know if you kill a beast and your a skinner it "taps" it for you?
    ha, every skinner wishes it WOULD work this way. the truth is, once looted its free for all skinners and the first gets it...