Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gets thumbs up from me. I especially like the harvest part, gives the automatons more character.

The quotes give me a slight hint of Ultron. Were you inspired by him?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Harvest Golems in particular are a bit of a strange choice, but I love the idea. You could've gone with the Arcance Golems used by the Blood Elves and the Kirin Tor, as well as Dwarven Golems used by the Dwarves. Because of their affinity with magic, those golems would fit much more nicely with the backstory of a mage discovering an ancient magical artifact which gives mechanicals a free mind and sentience. Especially since both are usually created only to follow the simplistic commands of others, such as being a bodyguard, or patrolling an area. Since Arcane Guardians are used both by Blood elves (H) and Kirin Tor (A) there is already a place for them on both factions, if they do not make an entirely neutral faction. Another option is to make Arcane for Horde and Dwarven for Alliance.

Another idea is that these Awakened Golems are also using the scroll to awaken other mechanicals, causing for the aforementioend neutral faction to consist of motley automatons, and while all of them may not be necessarily playable, you'd see many different mechanical NPCs belonging to The Awakened faction. Perhaps the choice between Dwarven and Arcane Golems could even take the place of the male and female choice you have for other races. These two golems wouldn't be considered different genders, but it would be a good way to fit both of them as playable for everyone in with the way the current character selection works. Both already come in multiple colors/designs so there is some option for customization right off the bat. Here are some examples of what the Golems of each faction could look like in order to tell'em apart:
    This could totally work too! I especially like your idea of that they keep creating more golems using the scroll. Really since this is super rough the magic artifact could be a crystal, a book, thralls magical plot armor, etc etc... The two versions for each faction would also create a ton of variety.

And I chose harvest golems just cause I like scarecrows. I think they look cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Gets thumbs up from me. I especially like the harvest part, gives the automatons more character.

The quotes give me a slight hint of Ultron. Were you inspired by him?
    Most of the quotes are a mix of stuff mechanical robot people would say and some are sort of a southern usa farmer sort of feel. I stole from here and but a lot I made up on the spot. I will say Ultron was cool as hell and maybe I could incorporate some of his mannerisms in the emotes...

Not so sure about Harvest Golems in particular, but a golem race in general? Hell yeah, this is an awesome idea!
    Imagine how cool that idea would be if they also added subraces! Arcane Golems, Dwarven Golems, Clockwork Giants (think XT-002 Deconstructor), Apexis Golems, etc. So much potential for your newfound automaton allies.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2015-06-01 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Not so sure about Harvest Golems in particular, but a golem race in general? Hell yeah, this is an awesome idea!
    Imagine how cool that idea would be if they also added subraces! Arcane Golems, Dwarven Golems, Clockwork Giants (think XT-002 Deconstructor), Apexis Golems, etc. So much potential for your newfound automaton allies.
    Yeah, I'm definitely on board with more than just harvest golems being playable. Like golem is a player race but you have 2 skins for a harvest golem and 2 skins for a dwarf golem, 2 skins for arcane golem, etc.

This will never happen but good read tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10. I'd play one in a heartbeat.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Harvest Golem Monk, total winsauce!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I gotta say that when I read the title, my immediate reaction was "aw come on...", but after reading your idea I absolutely loved it.
    I especially loved your idea of the "Overclock" racial, because the aspect of an ability that buffs the player but comes with a price (and thus encourages actual decision making) have been missing from the game for a very long time now.

Sadly I wound't expect Blizzard to do anything close to it, but you have my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not Harvest Golems, but I'd be all for a playable machine race. Maybe they could be awakened Titan constructs that weren't affected by the Curse of Flesh or something along those lines.

Deleted
    Because Pandas weren't ridiculous enough

you can put the letter "m" just before the .jpg to reduce their size.

I like this quite a bit, love playing robot races and had the harvest golem concept art from preWoW promo stuff as my desktop for forever. I don't know how popular it would be, but it would be pretty fun all the same.

Deleted
    10/10 Cool idea!

I just realised something. Since either faction can build golems, one could easily justify having them as a neutral race, so both factions could enjoy them. Could even have faction specific skins, like giving Horde-only Blood Golems and Alliance-only Dwarven Golems.

Damnit, I really want a Golem race now, there's so much potential here!

Also, those concept pics kick ass.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2015-06-01 at 09:44 AM.

I have to admit, at first I thought this would be silly but seeing the drawings and the info in the first post...this is actually a pretty cool idea! It'd be awesome to have a sentient robot race in the game! It's a fresh idea for a new race in the game.

These drawings are really damn cool. Making them harvest golems also gives them some character.

I like this concept

10+ Year Old Account
    Im in

anything is better than high elves AKA reskin blood elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw95 View Post
    I have to admit, at first I thought this would be silly but seeing the drawings and the info in the first post...this is actually a pretty cool idea! It'd be awesome to have a sentient robot race in the game! It's a fresh idea for a new race in the game.

These drawings are really damn cool. Making them harvest golems also gives them some character.
    Those designs remind me of the Casshern Sins robots.

Possibly 9 out of 10 would like them, but 1 out of 10 will be reluctand and continuosly express their discomfort flaming over the whole thing.
    Blizzard is quite afraid of 10% flamers, thats possibly why they didnt add flying in WoD. Ironically they created 90% by disregarding others.
    They lost the courage to try new things long ago, they go now for the 'succesful themes' such garrison = fb farm, iconic enemies, popular areas, etc. Even cute pandas were the 'right choice'. Instead of creating new lore, this is about squizing the existing one! Prepare for more legion, high elves, old gods and titans. I sincerily hope they feel brave enough to create a travel exp to Argus or Titans homeworld (here the guard golems could totally fit), but my bet is on Maelstrom Islands with Guldan, nagas, elves, Azshara and Sargeras. Even Illidan could show up somehow.

So, great idea!! but not gonna happen. Think of the most obvious one, there you go...

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought this was a joke, and then I thought,
    "Oh, shit, this could actually happen."
    I'm okay with this.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

I was sold by the time I got to the emotes. Then I got to see the pictures. This is probably one of the best ideas I've ever seen here.