Poll: What would make you take an Annual Pass deal?

Thread: New Annual Pass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theyve got no need for it, whales are buying tokens for 5 dollars more than a sub each and multiple at once. Why lock in someone for say 100 dollars over a year when a whale will give you that in a week?
    But do you think they would mind a little extra money?=)

Deleted
    There hasn't been an official reveal about the payment model Overwatch would use. I could see it being a F2P title, but in the less-likely event that the new game must be purchased I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to boost it's popularity (and give out extra cosmetics) by an annual pass deal.

After the first annual pass and the lukewarm reception of D3 I don't think a lot of people will sign up regardless. D3 had a lot of history behind it and as interesting as Overwatch may be to some, I don't think as many people will register.

Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    There hasn't been an official reveal about the payment model Overwatch would use. I could see it being a F2P title, but in the less-likely event that the new game must be purchased I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to boost it's popularity (and give out extra cosmetics) by an annual pass deal.
    B2P and DLCs seems the most logical way to go. Or at least that's what all major competitors are doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post

After the first annual pass and the lukewarm reception of D3 I don't think a lot of people will sign up regardless. D3 had a lot of history behind it and as interesting as Overwatch may be to some, I don't think as many people will register.
    People had been waiting for Diablo3 for years, so yea... guess people did find the annual pass deal quite appealing back then. I don't know how well SC2 is selling? But from what I understand it's the biggest game of it's genre... but perhaps not as many wow players also go Starcraft as wow players go Diablo? But they can always throw in betas and mounts and hey, even next HS expansion for free as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    since i'd probably pay anyway, a simple overwatch beta key would be enough for me lol. hell, i even pay for the gym i dont visit xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, wouldn't mind for Overwatch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I have so much gold to buy tokens, an annual pass would not be appealing when it can only be purchased with Euros.
    Yea, they should probably have to do something so the gold payers can be included as well, since their gold give more subfee money... if it was something like activate tokens for 12 months and deal is yours, would bring up gold costs for tokens even more and make it more appealing for people to buy for real cash since they give more gold so would be a pretty sweet deal for Blizzard as well

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    I felt scammed last time so no i won't be getting it the next time it comes around.
    This ^

Nothing they could offer would lock me into a year plan.

Blizzard were quite desperate last time, I don't think they will do something similar any time soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So, people are hoping that a continued loss in subscribers would bring us more content in this xpac. But what if they did a Cata, and brought us a new annual pass deal. What would it take for you to join in? Or would you still not be interested in returning?
    TBH the previous annual pass was a good deal but for me it seemed very transparent. They made it just because they knew content dry times were coming and the only way they could stop losing a lot of players was by trapping them in a year sub with faint promises of an incoming expansion that coincidentally arrived at the end of the annual pass's duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    TBH the previous annual pass was a good deal but for me it seemed very transparent. They made it just because they knew content dry times were coming and the only way they could stop losing a lot of players was by trapping them in a year sub with faint promises of an incoming expansion that coincidentally arrived at the end of the annual pass's duration.
    Yea, I know... and somehow I smell the same thing from this point and one year forward as well, that's why I thought that it might not be impossible that they try something like that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to quit after the "no flying" announcement, but one of my good friends started playing again last week so I'm sticking around to play with them paying by WoW token.

What with the sub losses last quarter, the number of people who quit with the "no flying" announcement, and the fact that a good portion of the people who are still playing are paying via WoW token...I can't imagine that an annual pass would really go over very well. Even most people who are paying real money for a subscription probably wouldn't want to be locked into it for a year again.

Even if I was happy with WoW's current state I still wouldn't get it, the game is simply too erratic at this point. A whole year is a long time, and there is a good chance the game I would change in a way I don't like in that period.

I voted other. Mop beta key was a disaster. No interest in Overwatch/Diablo/Starcraft.

-Something in Warcaft, ala something similar to Tyrel's Charger + a pet.
    -Exclusive Cardback for Hearthstone
    - Exclusive Hero and Skin for Heros of the Storm. Hero cannot be obtained via gold or purchased via $ after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Yea flying mount after announce "no more flying ever". Indeed. /nod
    How about a brown, boring cat that once you start flying it turns into a burning tiger leaving a trail of fire and smoke.

Just a big F U since we can't fly in relevant content.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Interesting. I wonder why? You got 12 months for 10 months pay, A mount and Diablo 3 free. Where did the scam come in?
    Thats easy to answer for me. D3 was a POS when it was first released and not even worth free. Sure you got a mount but now it only half works in current content where I actually want to be and since I had so many other mounts it wasn't really interesting but a throw in gift. While 12 months for 10 month price sounds good. We went 14 months with nothing added to the game. It was one of the worst gaming years since the game launched. I have no doubt many were paying to play the game and not actually playing.

The whole thing felt like a scam with what the so called "benefits" were. Thats a mistake that wont happen twice.