Thread: Lego Worlds

Lego Worlds

So I was browsing around this morning and saw an article link to a game called "Lego Worlds". Read up on it and it appears to be Lego's version of Minecraft and says it'll have more features and such, but it's in early access.

Was wondering if anyone has played it, heard anything else. How does it compare to Minecraft? Minecraft to me just looks plain and bleh (friend and I even played it), but there's something else I can't put my finger on.

Lego World, however, looks to be somewhat different, a lot better looking and could hold my interest for awhile.

Here's the Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself haven't played it. But if it's good and they got this on the hype train around 2010 this could have easily killed Minecraft before it came out. But it's too late for that. Hopefully it does well. I might try it when I get the chance.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2015-06-01 at 10:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I myself haven't played it. But if it's good and they got this on the hype train around 2010 this could have easily killed Minecraft before it came out. But it's too late for that. Hopefully it does well. I might try it when I get the chance.
    Its the game Minecraft wanted to be, but couldn't. Because of licensing. Its gonna do good regardless. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I know it's only the video but it already looks miles ahead of Minecraft on some things already and half the shit that makes Minecraft even good is addons. Because, let's face it, official patches are kinda laughable with what they want.

Not to knock Minecraft, either. Love the game but I kinda love Legos a bit more and this looks like helluva fun.

Besides... I look forward to what this one review already says:

I rode a goat.
    I threw bananas at a dragon.
    I'm in love!

Quote Originally Posted by M5290 View Post
    Its the game Minecraft wanted to be, but couldn't. Because of licensing. Its gonna do good regardless. In my opinion.
    Yeah, Minecraft I guess felt like it tried too hard to be like legos without being like legos? Not sure if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I know it's only the video but it already looks miles ahead of Minecraft on some things already and half the shit that makes Minecraft even good is addons. Because, let's face it, official patches are kinda laughable with what they want.

Not to knock Minecraft, either. Love the game but I kinda love Legos a bit more and this looks like helluva fun.

Besides... I look forward to what this one review already says:
    Agreed. The video imo makes it look really good. From what I understand from reading around is that the stuff in the video is already implemented. They are constantly adding stuff and hope to have everything Minecraft has an more. I haven't played Minecraft past a few times on a friends game, but it just couldn't pull me in. This looks like it will.

A few friends I have that play Minecraft, and keep pestering me to get it, looked at the video after I showed them and all were very interested in it despite Early Access (usually turns some off). We are just waiting till after Summer Sale in the 0.1% chance it gets hit with some kind of discount.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, lego, trying to play folow the leader after all these years, o, wait, theyre entire schtick is licensing actual franchises, silly me
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

It does look a lot more polished than Minecraft IMO, a large part of that probably being the fact that the blocks are smaller so it doesn't look so...blocky.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Seems like is going to be a great game, i'll buy it for sure as soon as they add multiplayer (in a near? future)

Trailer pretty much says this is Lego Universe (gameplay wise) without all the instancing of zones (They even use the exact same melee animation of the Sentinel with a festergut (@0:26). Also, the landscape is actually made out of bricks. Engine is new.

I'm not one for Early Access games but I've never had any major complaints with Traveler's Tales games and I do love Lego so this is tempting me to pay the $15.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134