View Poll Results: In regards to WoW, Have you lost faith in Blizzard?

Voters
354. This poll is closed
  • Yes

270 76.27%
  • No

84 23.73%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Have you lost faith in Blizzard? (In regards to WoW)

Just curious what peoples opinions are. Im not looking to start a flame war, just genuinely curious how people feel the state of WoW is and what they might do to improve upon it.

In my opinion I have lost all faith in Blizz and their ability to handle this game. For the last expansion or so Blizz has been "improving" this game by subtraction which is the worst possible thing i think they can do. They have been dumbing down class abilities and spells, they dumbed down professions, they are potentially removing flying from here on out. This is just to name a few.

To me this expansion seem like a cut and paste, nothing new was added to this expansion. I understand some people will say "You got new zones, new quests,etc...., but thats not new....to me thats like flushing the toilet and adding new water. Without knowing what the next expansion is about I can tell you there will be new zones, new quests, new dungeons, and new raids.....its same shit different stall.

This game needs new innovative aspects in it than just copy and paste, for example; ive been reading a few threads about the low percentage of people who have actually finished or have seen some of the raid bosses throughout certain levels of difficulty. Why do we have 4 difficulty levels? I think this is where our dev time is wasted....the WoW community doesnt joke "that'll cost a raid tier" for nothing. I think they could combine LFR and what used to be Flex by improving the queueing system, the more people queueing with you the higher the difficulty up to flex levels, and improving the ilvl quality of gear, so if you have 5 people and LFR gear is ilvl 700 for a single que, than 5 people it would be 705 roughly.

Another area this game needs is an end game alternative to raiding. The reason i stopped raiding is that it was time intensive, not only did i have to set aside 2-3 days per week at 2-3 hours each, I had to make sure i had all the upgraded gear i could get from outside the raid, make sure i was properly spec'd, made sure i knew the ins and outs of my class and spec for maximum dps/healing/tanking. I eventually grew weary and ultimately didnt have the time to invest in that anymore. There should be an alternative....WoD was supposed to be filled with all this "World Content" and in my opinion failed, but Blizz could vastly improve upon that with dedicated and random World objectives for anyone; if your a single player looking for some world objectives you would only see single player objectives on your map, if you are a guild leader with 10 people you would see world objectives for a group of 10, and there would be flexability for the 10 player objectives up to 12 or down to 8 so that your group could finish an objective( if they know not to stand in shit or prioritize killing enemy shaman totems, etc) within 5- 10 mins, and there would be roughly 5-7 objectives on the map, and if you finished them all you got a bonus ( whatever that might be...possibly a currency or something). World objectives would be seen for 1 player,or a group of 5(with flex up to 7 or down to 3), or a group of 10(with flex up to 12 or down to 8), and maybe a few mythic world objectives for the elite guilds that require exactly 20(no flex).

Flying would only be disabled in these world objective areas....Blizz could if they wanted to instead of removing flying improve upon its system by perhaps adding traits or perks for flying mounts to utilize.....maybe have a world objective include aerial combat with your new mount traits/perks....I know i would certainly love to see my faerie dragon shoot fireballs......or set up the world objective like the flying part in the Oculus.....needing to synergize with your guild mates to complete it.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head.....that this games needs more areas improved upon instead of lazily dumbing them down or removing them....I dont proclaim to know Blizz's plan...they may have a plan or goal to all of .....this.

I'd also like to thank anyone who actually read this far down....thank you!

~Mr. X

The moment I heard about the naval missions is when I completely lost faith.
    We have been complaining about how garrison chores are making players quit this game, and then they decide to add another layer of chores and resources to grind. I just don't get the level of cognitive dissonance inside Blizzard.

Deleted
    Depends on their attitude on June 6th. I've never seen (and this, coming from a guy who's been bashing Blizzard regularly for the past 5 years) a more vitriolic community, and I'm damn happy that people are finally being vocal and breaking away from complacency. It's healthy and I'm just not sure how the developers (if) they'll react to it directly.

A lot of people have referenced the RealID incident, saying that was the only time the playerbase was this level of pissed off. So, I just don't know. It depends entirely on their attitude on June 6th. None of what they promise or what they're planning to actually do matters. It just depends whether they're intent on damage control or actually reconsidering their own opinions on certain things.

If they don't change their attitude, then I'd say I have no faith in them. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Just curious what peoples opinions are. Im not looking to start a flame war, just genuinely curious how people feel the state of WoW is and what they might do to improve upon it.
    I'm pretty skeptical of the current development team and leadership of WoW. Never say never, Diablo III was rescued by some hard work and creativity and getting rid of Jay, so who knows what the future will bring, but as of today, I am firmly in the "Let others buy it and play it before I do" camp. They burned me with the WoD hype, that won't happen again. I'm out of the game for good unless the next expansion is a Wrath or MoP - and Blizzard isn't getting a dime from me until they can prove it's worth it.

Deleted
    Personally I havn't been excited for, taken interest in, or been engrossed in an expansion since wotlk. It had it's problems, but nothing compared to cata, mop, or wod.

I did get a bit excited about wod, it seemed to be steps in the right direction, but it didn't appeal to me in the long run and I still havnt hit level 100. I slowly leveled to 92 over 10 free days and didn't sub but, I will probably resub in the future.

For me there's not enough customisation any more. I miss the old talent trees, I miss a variety of gear, I don't like the whole "heroic" or mystic loot. I tend to play lfr, see the content, and it's like playing a game with cheat codes on it kind of trivialised the experience and I had no desire to get better gear. The game feels too scripted now, there's no real choice.

I understand and am not unhappy with the choice to ban flying, but it's kind of a non issue for me. What I really miss is being able to customise my character. I'm not particularly a fan of transmogrification either. Although it's fun, it's brought good aspects to the game, it's kind of ruined my desire to for raiding as loot aesthetics don't matter as much any more.

I'm quite indifferent to wow. I've gone past being frustrated and wanting it to change, after 3 expansions that I've been let down with all of them, I've lost my faith in their ability to make a game that will hold my attention. Maybe it's me, but there's no social aspect to wow any more. It isn't "cool" to admit you play wow irl, but during wotlk with mainstream TV adverts... It kind of was.

Having said that I did log on and play a monk in ghostlands last night as a trial, it was pretty cool to be nostalgic again, and I did team up with a random guy who was also a trial, The team work and social aspect was fun, kind of like old times but this isn't exactly new content.
    Last edited by mmoc0b5a110546; 2015-06-01 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Yes. Blizzard used to make great games. Quality came first, profits second. I've been huge fan of their games since Warcraft 1.

Now things have turned. All they care about is profits. They release fewer content than ever, but they charge more for expansions and add more stuff than ever to shop. The only communications that come out of Blizzard are carefully worded lawyer written messages focusing on "good" stuff and downplaying anything negative. They even implement features that help with advertising rather than game play. Everything they did within last year were PR stunts.

New development team should not be allowed anywhere near MMORPG. Who in their right mind though it would be a good idea to focus expansion on single player instanced experience? That would fit nicely in single player games, but it has no place in WoW.

I'm holding last hopes for Q&A next week. If it will be yet another PR stunt (which I'm afraid it will be), I'm done with Blizzard for good.

We'll see come the next expansion. I think something went cataclysmically wrong with this xpac. The amount of content cut, the amount of bugs, etc, it's unlike Blizzard imo. Say what you want about the company, but they've been consistently good throughout their history with WoW. They took a chance with WOD, and it didn't work out. Shit happens, we move on.

Now, if this is something that's going to continue, I'll most likely bow out, but I'm not one to feel legitimate anger, as if I've been personally wronged by Blizzard.

So yeah, as for me, we'll see. WoD has been fun (I started late April) but I'm about 2 months in and I'm starting to feel what others have been talking about. But then again, I also don't play consistently. WoW is a game, not my lifestyle. I come in, play then unsub when/if I find I'm bored.

imo
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-06-01 at 07:45 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Not on Blizzard as a dev, but WoW as a game & the genre yes!

Deleted
    Yes, sadly... And it's extra painful to see them do bad with a game that STILL holds ALOT of potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    We have been complaining about how garrison chores are making players quit this game, and then they decide to add another layer of chores and resources to grind. I just don't get the level of cognitive dissonance inside Blizzard.
    It's Blizzard logic. "100% of the playerbase has built a garrison, so garrisons are a homerun!"

Some faith but not all.

I have enjoyed WoD, but not as much as past expansions.

They clearly know that a lot of people are not satisfied with the WoD experience. Hopefully they can evaluate the feedback (both good and bad) and make the next expansion something that will improve on the good, and fix that bad.

I'm interested in what Ion Hazzikostas has to say on the 6th. Sadly most will only focus on the negative (Which I don't blame them for) due to what has been happening in WoD. Hopefully we hear some good news instead of Ion Hazzikostas defending Blizzard for their decisions for the whole interview.

most my faith was down teh drain a long time back when I saw runescape apparently pushing out more updates faster.

Also getting running aorund for a year in ICC getting no drops and just token upgrades (no weapons) really leaves a sour mood.

edit:

also RIP swirly ball.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2015-06-01 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have I lost faith? No.

Do I like WoD? No, not really. I don't feel the same desire to play in WoD that I did in MoP and prior expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to believe that Blizzard can turn this ship around.

My personal experience is I can't trust them, though. They'll have to earn my trust again. That's pretty hard when they ban, though.

So if they don't care, hard for me to care about them.

I care about my character though. THAT is worth playing.

The other BS, no.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Have I lost faith? No.

Do I like WoD? No, not really. I don't feel the same desire to play in WoD that I did in MoP and prior expansions.
    Totally agree with Darsithis. Which is too bad because WOD did get a huge increase of players to only come up short.

My only real gripe with Blizzard would be their tendency to overreact to things (ie People complained about dailies and being forced to do reps, so let's gut rep rewards so it's only cosmetic items and instead of dailies we can now mindlessly fill a bar, yay. Range have a huge advantage over melee, so instead of toning it down a little we'll cut the legs out from some classes and leave other virtually untouched, again yay. Farm was cool so let's tie all professions to a farmville mini game).

Looking forward to 6.2 and the future of WOW though because despite my gripes I'm still having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Players complain they want armies, player housing, and easier professions.

Blizzard gives all those and then some- people bitch harder that they "ruined WoW".

FYI- you should never have faith in any man.

They are no longer a company I feel I can buy their product and it be worth it. That coupled with a "let the buyer beware" business mentality blizzard just isn't a company I have faith in to produce quality entertainment in gaming as I once enjoyed their products.

I have for THIS expansion. An expansion that started so well, but hit a wall after a few weeks.

I know Im gonna be hyped when we hear more about the next exp, and i believe Blizz can turn things around and deliver a solid product to us the next time around. I mean, they cant fail with the next exp as bad as they have with this? Can they? I choose not to believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of. The "no flying" announcement made me lose a whole lot of faith. I'm still playing via token, though...at least until my friend who resubbed recently quits.

Their decisions in regards to most things in WoD have been very upsetting and I'm still a little surprised that they continue to make decisions that seem designed to drive away more of the player base instead of drawing new people in.

With this expansion, yes. So, much cut content and Draenor feels really empty. 6.2 doesn't seem to be getting any better.

People hated apexis dailies. What do we get in 6.2? More apexis dailies!
    People hated garrison chores. What do we get in 6.2? More garrison chores that are now mandatory for the legendary ring!

WTF Blizzard? WTF?

I hope they do better next expansion.