View Poll Results: In regards to WoW, Have you lost faith in Blizzard?

Voters
354. This poll is closed
  • Yes

270 76.27%
  • No

84 23.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post

FYI- you should never have faith in any man.
    Especially one that can't tell the difference between a tiger and a bear.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Depends on their attitude on June 6th. I've never seen (and this, coming from a guy who's been bashing Blizzard regularly for the past 5 years) a more vitriolic community, and I'm damn happy that people are finally being vocal and breaking away from complacency. It's healthy and I'm just not sure how the developers (if) they'll react to it directly.

A lot of people have referenced the RealID incident, saying that was the only time the playerbase was this level of pissed off. So, I just don't know. It depends entirely on their attitude on June 6th. None of what they promise or what they're planning to actually do matters. It just depends whether they're intent on damage control or actually reconsidering their own opinions on certain things.

If they don't change their attitude, then I'd say I have no faith in them. We'll see.
    Whats June 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Whats June 6th?
    Blizzards "please understand" appeasement Q&A. Which will either be Hazikostas coming on stage to commit harikiri or a lot of PR double speak that says a lot of comments about "we feel people are enjoying garrisons" but saying nothing. Im confident its the latter

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Good thing entertainment is subjective, I enjoyed Cata. Wasn't amazing but it was still enjoyable. I loved MoP it was one of the best times I had in WoW.
    I dislike WoD's Endgame but it's leveling/story content up until 100 was some of the best WoW has had.
    All you have to do is look at the rapid decline in players since Wrath. The numbers speak volumes.

I think WoD had a lot going for it. It'd been really sad watching the initial happiness degrade into lost hope. It's just very wrong, even in Cata Blizz didn't treat the community this badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost faith in Blizz sometime during the Beta for WoD and then completely when they let Jay Wilson on board. From bugs galore never being addressed until the first or second month on Live and still were trying to clean up, to one of the worse launch in gaming history to the delusion it's perfectly normal to lose so many subs in Q1 (hint, expect the losses AFTER the final content patches, not prior to the first content patch). TBH Garrisons had potential, but they crushed all of that. Let's also not forget, this xpac isn't entirely on Blizz. I blame all the doe eyed, rose colored sunglass wearing players who kept begging and begging to go back to simpler Vanilla/TBC times. They got part of their wish, it failed. Also, lost faith in humanity, etc, etc.. >.> <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    We have now had not one, not two, but three shitty expansions in a row.

Shamans still have not been overhauled/fixed.

Blizzard is simply not the company it used to be.
    I agree with shamans not being in a great place. I don't think rogues are in a great place either.

I think blizzard need to really sit down and take another good look at all classes. That's where they should focus their efforts, and perhaps even create a 4th spec. Everyone has a favourite class, and it seems like if that class sucks then you do loose player base.

Some of the newer classes (monks, deathknights, and also warlocks and paladins) have received a lot more attension than others. The same care needs to be applied to all classes. I'm not just talking about dps or healing output, that doesn't make a class that makes it a spreadsheet.

Bliz really need to get back in touch with how the game feels to play, and as we've established by now, convenience is not a good thing. I hate the new talent systems with a passion, they make the game so dull and boring and took away any customisation. The real problem with now is that it's now idiot proof. Being an idiot was part of the learning curb, it was a challenge and a journey, one which was fun and therefore time consuming = fun for longer than burning out within a few weeks or months and subscribing.

TLDR of things I hate:
    LFR tourist mode kills desire for raid progression,
    New talent systems killed customisation. There were good things like getting important skills at level 10, but the current system is dull. I much preferred a system like in rift\vanilla\tbc\wotlk.
    Idiot proof hand holding - ruins your chance to discover the world and instead you're guided through it. Difficulty encouraged you to seek help, communicate, and interact with others. If you got stuck on something, youd ask your guild or thottbott/wowhead.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are sincere in their efforts to deliver a great game. But will not acknowledge their mistakes(garrisons,profs), fix them and move on. They have a condescending attitude with their customer base. We know what is best , after all we are the pro developers. F off players.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Worse. WoD's utter failure and the stubborn dig-in-their-heels hubris and cynical cash-grabs by the developers have robbed the goodwill Blizzard had been building with me since I played Warcraft 3 about 15 years ago. I'm at the point where I simply won't be buying the next expansion, or the one after, until a month or two after it launches and reviews of the endgame content have had time to roll out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Yes, specifically their aptitude for moderation (in all regards). Swinging from one extreme to the other has significantly dampened my desire for more World of Warcraft.

i havent lost FAITH that they can make good content
    their inability to admit that some design choices arent as good as older design choices is their main flaw

a good example would be skill trees
    they just need to admit that skill trees felt much better and go back in that direction

Sadly I agree with the OP.

WoD has less end game content (outside of raiding) then any expansion since Cataclysm. Actually scratch that, Cataclysm had more end game content with challenging 5 mans and reasonable daily reputation grinds. They even added two new races.

I know many people are down on MoP, but it did have reasonable content, until the SoO -> 15 month -> WoD wait. Also had one new Race and Class.

After 15 months, with no new race or class to soak up dev effort, I was expecting a lot more from Blizzard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am neither one or the other, for me it will be just a case of wait and see what happens..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    Sadly I agree with the OP.

WoD has less end game content (outside of raiding) then any expansion since Cataclysm. Actually scratch that, Cataclysm had more end game content with challenging 5 mans and reasonable daily reputation grinds. They even added two new races.

I know many people are down on MoP, but it did have reasonable content, until the SoO -> 15 month -> WoD wait. Also had one new Race and Class.

After 15 months, with no new race or class to soak up dev effort, I was expecting a lot more from Blizzard.
    All the dev time went into updating the player race models.. lol

They damaged the game and damaged themselves, perhaps irrevocably. They pooh poohed the sub losses from Q1 2015 and crowed about the increased revenues. Too bad 45% of their Q1 revenue was deferred from Q4 2014 and they are actually down around 9% year-to-year. Everything about Blizzard now is spin doctoring and hype with no substance.

Deleted
    At this point I only want to know what they have planned cinematic-wise for 6.2. I can always trust Blizzard when it comes to cinematics. That's where it stops unfortunately.
    Let's kill AU Archimonde and get Warlords of Disappointment over with.

Apart from the the usage of ... that always leads me to believe I am reading a text written by a five year old girl I find most of your "ideas" pretty bad. I like selective flying though although I personally wouldn't mind flying everywhere except maybe for the latest patch addition. Aerial combat though sounds just as terribad as all vehicle combat in wow is.
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    All the dev time went into updating the player race models.. lol
    I am very certain a lot of the resources allocated for wow actually went exactly there and updating the engine a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    they just need to admit that skill trees felt much better and go back in that direction
    Yeah I am sure everyone agrees with you on that.
    Ah wait...
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2015-06-03 at 08:38 PM.

On the bright side, if you open a game development company and hire new designers, if you see "Warlords of Draenor" in their resume, you can trash it LOL.