Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the longest 1st Tier of any expansion?

Give it a couple more days and we'll be playing in it.

Thanks Blizz for pacing it out, but less content is less content.

And on a personal note the worst first tier of any expansion, but that's probably just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 11 was out for 8 months and 2 weeks.

10th of October (cata launch) to 28th of June (firelands patch 4.2)

We're currently at 6 months and 2-3 weeks, 13th of November to today. If patch 6.2 launches before July 25th (almost guaranteed to do so), then this was not the longest first tier.

Or did math ruin your whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Oh, I apologize if the OP ruined your oh-so-godlike raiding experience. Don't like it when someone bashes something legit?

Or did elitism ruin your ability to sensibly talk?

Quote Originally Posted by backtolife887 View Post
    Oh, I apologize if the OP ruined your oh-so-godlike raiding experience. Don't like it when someone bashes something legit?

math=elitism CALCULATORS ARE OPPRESSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

Tbh, 99% of people who play this game do not know what they want, but they want it now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    math=elitism CALCULATORS ARE OPPRESSIVE!
    I sexually identify as an apache helicopter and I wish you guy's would have a little more respect for helicopters and other's who are as oppressed as me.
    Maybe OP's family was raped and beaten by a band of rabid calculators. You don't know OP's bundle of sticks story, you should check your privilege.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    And on a personal note the worst first tier of any expansion, but that's probably just me.
    Depends what you're into I guess. Raiding has been quite good, best opening raid tier of late in my opinion. Outside raiding it's quite fun until you hit lv 100 and get your garrison done, after that it's quite boring. I'd give it 7/10, but mainly because of raids.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backtolife887 View Post

Yeah, because remembering dates (or checking google) and then counting months/weeks on a calculator totally helps me murder raid bosses.

He's not bashing something legit, as this objectively has not been the longest first raiding tier. Unless a couple of days is 6 week long, in which case, that's a fairly broad brush.

Damn math elitists.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by moarqqplz View Post
    If you separate ICC and Ruby Sanctum in Wrath on the pie chart, then you should probably separate Highmaul and Blackrock for WoD.

Deleted

We're currently at 6 months and 2-3 weeks, 13th of November to today. If patch 6.2 launches before July 25th (almost guaranteed to do so), then this was not the longest first tier.

Cataclysm came out in December though, right? I didn't calculate the days if that matters but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Cataclysm came out in December though, right? I didn't calculate the days if that matters but still.
    Can't remember actually, I just did a quick google and that date seemed about right, maybe that was the prepatch date. I figured someone else would check

In any case, even if it is the longest, we'd then have to get into how it's not the longest, because Highmaul didn't launch until 4 week after WoD launch.

Yeah, because remembering dates (or checking google) and then counting months/weeks on a calculator totally helps me murder raid bosses.

He's not bashing something legit, as this objectively has not been the longest first raiding tier. Unless a couple of days is 6 week long, in which case, that's a fairly broad brush.

Cata Launched Dec 10th.

Tier 11= 203 days
    Tier 17 (current) = 181 days (today)

edited to Highmaul opening day. would be 200 days from launch of WoD to today.

Deleted

Dat self pwn. Better double check cata release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Dat self pwn. Better double check cata release.
    We did, over half an hour ago. I hang my head in shame at my retardation

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    If you separate ICC and Ruby Sanctum in Wrath on the pie chart, then you should probably separate Highmaul and Blackrock for WoD.
    Ya but who ever separated them made a mistake. They're the same tier it's like separating the onixya lair re-open and ToC

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Ya but who ever separated them made a mistake. They're the same tier it's like separating the onixya lair re-open and ToC
    Was Ruby Sanctum explicitly announced to be the same tier as ICC? I know Highmaul and BRF were. Just like MSV/HoF/ToES were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

They always make the first tier too short anyway. Extend it by another month so we don't have to wait so goddamn long in the final tier.

Quote Originally Posted by moarqqplz View Post
    This counts Release - Next content patch so + week without raid is counted.... so since November 12 2014 to June 23 2015 (estimated 6.2 release date) it will be 223 days... so it will be 2nd longest first tier of the expansion/game ever. But Vanilla = 60 levels, alot of dungeons, alot of zones.. so if you compare it to WoD amount of content released in 1st tier, WoD is nothing. But this vanilla counts Patch 1.0 - 1.4 ... so dungeons in next patches are counted too
    Last edited by Draculla; 2015-06-01 at 11:25 PM.