Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Someone else mentioned this, but the big flaw in this system is for people who don´t have amazingly fast internet connections. If the game has an update, it is possible that can take the entire 2 hours of your ´gametime´.

Other than that, it solves some problems. Not a perfect solution, but it will make a difference especially for tech issues and older games.
    It most likely goes off of your played time, not how long you've owned the game, so updating won't factor into that whatsoever.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Someone else mentioned this, but the big flaw in this system is for people who don´t have amazingly fast internet connections. If the game has an update, it is possible that can take the entire 2 hours of your ´gametime´.

Other than that, it solves some problems. Not a perfect solution, but it will make a difference especially for tech issues and older games.
    I don't believe that your gametime starts ticking until you're actually running/playing the game. If Steam is downloading and installing updates for the game, then surely this counter won't be incrementing?

The other (2 week) counter will, of course, but I doubt that anyone's internet is so bad that it takes them 2 weeks to get an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It most likely goes off of your played time, not how long you've owned the game, so updating won't factor into that whatsoever.
    Not true. There has always been a bug with the "Time Played Setup" where installing and updating as counted as your time played. Like I said in my post I had like 8hrs of defiance played before I even launched the client.

It doesn't happen all the time but can happen and with as big as updates and installs get 2hrs isn't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    I don't believe that your gametime starts ticking until you're actually running/playing the game. If Steam is downloading and installing updates for the game, then surely this counter won't be incrementing?

The other (2 week) counter will, of course, but I doubt that anyone's internet is so bad that it takes them 2 weeks to get an update.
    If you have to open the guy for anything it counts that time.

But like I said there has always been a bug that add's time on installs and updates as well. 2hrs isn't enough it should be 4 or 6hrs. Really they should just copy origins setup.

Edit: I love this video about it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-06-03 at 04:43 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not true. There has always been a bug with the "Time Played Setup" where installing and updating as counted as your time played. Like I said in my post I had like 8hrs of defiance played before I even launched the client.

It doesn't happen all the time but can happen and with as big as updates and installs get 2hrs isn't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have to open the guy for anything it counts that time.

But like I said there has always been a bug that add's time on installs and updates as well. 2hrs isn't enough it should be 4 or 6hrs. Really they should just copy origins setup.
    Okay, how much time do you suggest? Because it has to be a time where you can get a decent look at a game without being able to beat it and there are plenty of steam games that you could beat 4-6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Okay, how much time do you suggest? Because it has to be a time where you can get a decent look at a game without being able to beat it and there are plenty of steam games that you could beat 4-6 hours.
    I say at lease 3hrs. Could depend the game. I know COD you can beat in 5hrs.

Maybe 3 or 4hrs then should be enough. You know as good as well as I do 2hrs for some games isn't enough to judge them. Like Witcher 3 for example 2hrs isn't enough to judge it or like I said just copy Origin's refund system.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-06-03 at 05:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

this is the best thing they have ever done. Just makes me wonder how long this will stay before early access people bitch about it.

They should also really make every game have a demo...that would probably help on refunds ALOT
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Ubisoft, EA and Capcom are going to stop selling games on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    this is the best thing they have ever done. Just makes me wonder how long this will stay before early access people bitch about it.

They should also really make every game have a demo...that would probably help on refunds ALOT
    Totally agree. Give like the first 3 hours of a game and if it has multiplayer have like 1 mode/1map.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Sounds like Ubisoft, EA and Capcom are going to stop selling games on steam.
    EA already has a refund system and its better then steams current setup and so does Ubisoft.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/return...cancellations/
    What is your refund policy for PC and Mac digital downloads?
    You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third party titles purchased on Origin for a full refund. Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game’s release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can’t play it due to technical reasons within EA’s control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Problem still is that all refund lands in your Steam Wallet...
    Even if that was true, are you really never going to buy another game on Steam? I mean come on.

- - - Updated - - -

For those saying 2 hours is enough, I don't get it. If I don't like the game in the first hour, I'll be damned if I do it a second. I never understood the whole, well it gets better at the end or it just starts off slow.

I pay for the whole package, if I open that package and am not impressed I push it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Even if that was true, are you really never going to buy another game on Steam? I mean come on.

- - - Updated - - -

For those saying 2 hours is enough, I don't get it. If I don't like the game in the first hour, I'll be damned if I do it a second. I never understood the whole, well it gets better at the end or it just starts off slow.

I pay for the whole package, if I open that package and am not impressed I push it aside.
    I do think it is true i have never gotten a refund from them to my bank or CC only to the wallet.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    Nothing wrong with the concept of Early Access. The problem is what kind of games are actually approved for Early Access. They need a team to actively monitor what gets through and the progress the games make.
    I agree there needs something changed to Early acces. how some developers have just run away with the money.
    And i like it, but also about damn time, they where already sued ones by EU court, have said they needed to change it, atleast for EU players. but nice for the Rest of the world to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Nah, that's what doing a little research or watching gameplay videos is meant to prevent. Smart shopping. I get the impression that this policy is geared towards the people who aren't sure of how a game will run on their system.
    What Rokpanda said, especially about controls.

Also, some games (like TWD) are impossible to watch gameplay videos of without spoiling the game. Mind as well just watch a LP of it once you've done that rather than even buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    I don't know if this is entirely true. Maybe it is for all newer games. I know I've played some older games that I bought through Steam, that I've launched directly without having Steam running.

Edit:
    Here's a list I found from GoG.
    http://www.gog.com/forum/general/lis...on_steam/page1
    Fallout 3 is the only game on the list I have installed currently, and I was able to launch it without Steam.
    Well that's like the same thing as pirating. Which people already do. I doubt the games on the list will lose out potential sales because of the system, except for the few that cannot use torrents for one reason or another and will use steam for that.

It's good they went for 14 days, no need to wrestle with their awful support to follow Finnish law now
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988