[Call to arms] 'The State of Fury/Arms Warrior'

'The time has come! The moment is at hand! Strike now, friends!' - Akama

Listen, Warriors, hear my call!

The events of Draenor have struck deep into the hearts of Warriors thinning our ranks and demoralizing our troops. For any comrade that has fallen another exchanged sword and axe for bow and staff. Few brave Warriors desperately try to hold their ground while their prayers to the Blizzard gods remain unheeded.

But I tell you that there still is hope!

The Shadow Priests of Azeroth - studying and experimenting for ages - successfully have drawn the attention of Celestalon, Herald of the Blizzard gods, in a last desperate attempt:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-to-Patch-6-2
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6338?page=2#34

In front of the gods and every Warrior I hereby summon the Council to address our problems in a final effort!

----------

/RP off

The shadow priests' thread has shown that Blizzard still does listen to the players' concerns. Let us combine all our knowledge to create a similar work that analyzes the current state of Fury and Arms from the perspective of warrior community as a whole. Let us make clear that the state of Fury/Arms is not satisfying for a lot of players.

I really hope that many of you - especially the well-known warriors with a lot of reputation - will support this idea.

We will need someone with the experience and reputation to summarize, write everything down - and to finally post it on the forums (US).
    (Yes, I know this will be a lot of work. As I am not a native English speaker and currently not doing Mythic I wouldn't feel comfortable with this task. But I will help as much and best as I can.)

I suggest that we use the same structure:
    - talents
    - glyphs
    - secondary stats
    - tier bonuses and trinkets
    - added: gameplay (Fury: RNG, Arms: rage issue, Execute vs. >20% damage, WW as filler)
    - summary

Please, let me know what you think of that idea!

Cheers

PS: Yeah, I'm one of those people rerolling...for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure our concerns have been presented to the Devs in such a matter since Alpha, with the exception of the warriors providing actual math. It's obvious the Devs don't like math.

Yeah, the idea that priests got an answer because they had a clear and concise argument is a joke, and frankly an insult to player of other classes who have brought forth concerns.

Priests got an answer, because there was an answer to give, thats about it. Once they have an answer for Warriors, they'll give one. Even saying that, the "answer" they got really wasn't much of one. As usual, very little of substance was actually said outside of "we hear, understand and promise you that we'll address it in the future". To be fair though, that is about all you can hope for at this stage.

There will not be any major rotational or class design changes before 7.0. Period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. When 7.0 does come around, we'll see more dialogue, because that will be the time for iteration, just like the last expansion beta phase and every one preceding it.

Deleted
    I don't think anyone should put so much effort into this whole discussion as what we see here :
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...96338?page=1#1

This is plain obsession.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2015-06-03 at 03:29 AM.

Maybe plain obsession is what we need for the devs to actually do something about us

Maybe you think it's obsession, but what you're looking at is the shadow priest community. I mained shadow for the majority of my wow career and can tell you that, hands down, there has never been a better wow class community out there. From Shadowpriest.com (R.I.P) to Simulationcraft, which was originally built for that exact class and spec.

Not trying to differentiate the communities, our problems will probably not be resolved in an easy manner. Shadow in the distant past had so many issues that the only way to resolve them was to keep bashing the devs, it might not seem to yield results but eventually it has to. Just giving my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cast View Post
    Maybe you think it's obsession, but what you're looking at is the shadow priest community. I mained shadow for the majority of my wow career and can tell you that, hands down, there has never been a better wow class community out there. From Shadowpriest.com (R.I.P) to Simulationcraft, which was originally built for that exact class and spec.

Not trying to differentiate the communities, our problems will probably not be resolved in an easy manner. Shadow in the distant past had so many issues that the only way to resolve them was to keep bashing the devs, it might not seem to yield results but eventually it has to. Just giving my 2 cents.
    Yep. I hope for the sake of the author.

Still, IMO, when it comes to class balancing/playability Blizzard has its own agenda and won't be changing it that much depending on community feedback. Sure, I have no much to back this, but unless any of us has worked as a dev, I doubt it's any different for anyone else on here.

Basically, I'm basing this on what we've seen so far in past expansions. Blizzard has always treated Warrior as the "hustling" class, meaning, the Warrior has always had to provide more to be competitive, meaning, you need to be an "excellent" Warrior to be competitive on a high level, whilst most other classes will get the same result by just being "really good". Sometimes, the difference might not be outstanding, but it's still there, and I think Blizzard doesn't even notice it anymore - it has almost become "natural" to them that the Warrior class ought to be as such.

Personally, I actually like this (as long as me being "excellent" would actually make me at least as good as the other guy, no matter his level), although most of the community tend to actually dislike this bit of the class. Still, I believe it's just part of what it means to be a "Warrior".
    I've seen this to be the case for 8 years now, and well... let's say things hasn't changed much despite the community's constant cry for up's and a more OP-ish aspect to the class.

What I'm saying is, I don't think going crazy on this kind of essay will have any noticeable impact on what Blizzard has already planned.. Well, at least for the Warrior class.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2015-06-06 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah, the idea that priests got an answer because they had a clear and concise argument is a joke, and frankly an insult to player of other classes who have brought forth concerns.
    This. I can't decide whether OP either is insulting the dozens upon dozens of very well written 5-10+ paragraph threads created about specific issues with the warrior, as well as the entire class itself or he just has been living under a rock.

These enormous threads most of which have 100+ upvotes on the OP (where as the shadowpriest one a measily 25 or so when it was answered) are literally fucking everywhere. Go to EU warrior forums. Go to US warrior forums. Check these forums even. Shit, we're in one now. (almost)

They are either stumped by warriors in spite of us doing all the hard work for them, or they're ignoring us. I've give up caring and all but fully rerolled a hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cast View Post

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15355287850

Here is warriors coming together for the return of a single spell. This isn't even the biggest gripe you hear from warriors either, the other threads have just as much noise in them. Add onto that the fact that it is US only forums and the obvious truth that spriests are a much, much smaller group than arms and fury warriors and your mind boggles even further why we haven't got an answer.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2015-06-09 at 05:28 PM.