Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those actually. I can honestly feel the hope inside me burning, refusing to believe that it will be trash.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly believe that they are simply withholding the information so we can discover them by ourselves in the games.
    Most likely. Probably noticed the backlash regarding all the reveals for SM.
    Which I totally get. I haven't played a Pokemon game since DPPt which I haven't had spoiled. Would be refreshing to go in clean.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know...fuck it... i pre-ordered ultra dual edition. And if they change something i can always cancel and get something better.

Expedited Delivery still to slow. (from 17 nov realise -- to 21 nov...dammit amazon).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Ultra-deep sigh. I can't believe it's just another event-only form to tie-into the anime.
    I mean, at the same time, I'm also absolutely not surprised, so I shouldn't be so disappointed.
    That's so, so lame. I really wanted the opportunity to have the gender/nickname I wanted for the Rockruff/Lycanroc and this kind of takes away the possibility of having that be legit if it's only for the special Rockruff. (Because you know it won't be tied into an event in-game. They stopped with those in gen5.)

At least with Zorua/Zoroark, we could breed them so we really could get the one we wanted in the case of BW2. Not only that, in B/W one of them was an event-gift which had you as the OT so you could nickname it and the other was caught through a special event, so you could also nickname it. Who knows if you'll be able to breed the special Lycanroc to have another that can evolve in the same way. (I'd hope it's tied into an item attached to the Rockruff that you get during the distribution, that way it's not so much of a waste.)

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

i honestly feel like ultra sun and moon are just filler games while game freak figures out how the fuck theyre gonna make a game in a resolution higher than 240p. had the wiiu not flopped im sure the switch wouldnt have been anywhere near as powerful as it is and we'd have a regular home console coming out in 2 years rather than a hybrid.

gamefreak has always been shitty at working with new hardware. tbh in the new video they had posted it really felt like they were basically saying "yeah, we dont really have a choice, nintendo owns 51% of pokemon and now we have to make a home console level pokemon"

compare sun and moon and x and y to other games on the 3ds of similiar graphical fidelity, sun and moon especially runs like fucking shit.

when they found out the specs for the switch they probably lost their damn minds.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    compare sun and moon and x and y to other games on the 3ds of similiar graphical fidelity, sun and moon especially runs like fucking shit.
    If I remember correctly, it was discussed a while back during the SuMo datamining, that there's a ton of processes the game runs that essentially boil down to an absolute waste of resources that could easily be fixed.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when they found out the specs for the switch they probably lost their damn minds.
    Yeah, more resources to waste on unoptimized code

Honestly expecting 30 FPS at most, with serious dips to 15 FPS range whenever something like Moltres enters the battle.

so the dusk form event literally gives you a rockruff that evovles into it

this is literally fucking pointless. If you are just gonna get a rockruff that evovles into it then why not make all rockruffs in the wild be able to evolve?

It's literally a timed pokemon that will be removed forever for a game that hasn't even come out. Fucking dumb
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got a Japanese trailer for everyone's favourite doggo:

I don't see a trailer for Arcanine.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Pokemon Insurgence is getting a 1.2 release tomorrow from what I can gather. Saw a tweet about it, and Suzerain tweeted about a stream they were doing and that they'd reveal the release date at the end. But that's about the extent of what I could find. I'll see if I can dig deeper.

- - - Updated - - -

And insurgence is up! Gogedditfolks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that Suzerain worked on and implemented a DexNav for Insurgence, but you have to use your mouse to work it. Which is kind of jarring, as you can't use your mouse for anything else in the game, from what I can tell. Not even for clicking the buttons in battle like other fan games do.

It's odd.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2017-08-15 at 06:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such birb, much borb.

Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I just noticed that the JP USUM logo's have that Necrozma Triangle in place of where the Z-Crystal was in the JP SM logos...

15+ Year Old Account
    Wtb brick break for poopy Karen's umbreon

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic the poopy Umbreon?

Are the Gen 2 VC games out already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't they supposed to be released September 22? o.O

- - - Updated - - -

I'd check the eShop, but I'm in my computer room, and my 3DS is in my room. And if I make that journey, I don't think I'll be able to come back and confirm/deny.

- - - Updated - - -

UK website says 22/9/17. Can't check the US website. Not going to probe the JP website because I would just get lost :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Toxic the poopy Umbreon?
    I have toxic on awoo, but that would take longer than just snek or brotodile it in 2 shots. I'm just trying to beat red before I move onto either black or white.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-08-17 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure a non-stab super effective Brick Break would still 2 shot the Bumbreon.
    Unless one of your team is a fighting type? Looking at gen 2 party sprites is really jarring, considering we have actual Pokemon sprites from gen 3 onwards.

-------------------------------------------
    Insurgence is fun playing from the start. My old save is on my old computer, but it's good because there are new Delta's all throughout (1 in the 1st gym city, 3 can be bought in the Game Corner, 1 really cool one in the Museum town with all of the bridges (spoiler: It's a Water type Axew, which is designed after a tiger shark. When it evolves into Fraxure, it gets a hook stuck in it's head fin. Then when it evolves into Haxorus, it becomes Water/Steel, it fuses with the hook and the hook turns into an anchor (which replaces his mouth blades), retains an amazing attack and good speed stat, and get's Heavy Crash so it roflstomps things because its ~210kgs.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I really want to try out Insurgence with a fresh new save file. As soon as I have some free time I have to get around to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.