Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why not? you can put them in pokebank
    Same reason no notched pichu out of hg/ss and clothed pikachu out of oras. Laziness to import data from earlier games to later games.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Same reason no notched pichu out of hg/ss and clothed pikachu out of oras. Laziness to import data from earlier games to later games.
    while i HATED that and am still bitter (still have my spiky eared pichu sitting on my soul silver cart) alolan forms are different and have entirely different move sets.

im pretty sure they'll be carried over. either way ive got them in my living dex
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    while i HATED that and am still bitter (still have my spiky eared pichu sitting on my soul silver cart) alolan forms are different and have entirely different move sets.

im pretty sure they'll be carried over. either way ive got them in my living dex
    Well I would hope so since raichu is my favorite pokemon and psychu was op as fug. I just don't have any faith in a non 3rd version of a game.

"MY PARTNER WAS A DITTO?!?!" Well, that tickled my funny bone.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-11-12 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    alolan form houndoom pls oh and alolan espeon/umbreon ty
    I was hoping for an Electrode that looked like different pokeballs and had additional types depending on which ball it looked like.

Oh, and another Eeveelution. They should finish up that cycle already.

There aren't any new ones, sorry
    I think that's the reason I won't be buying the game. Alolan were the most exciting part of Sun/Moon and for them to get rid of that in the "sequel" game is incredibly odd, especially when ORAS came out we got more mega evolutions, but for this no new Alolans. I guess it's more important to throw in more legendaries.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

remember everyone was like "OMFG NEW POKEMON IN A MID GEN GAME"

yea and their legendary, nobody cares.

I don't know anything about the leaks besides official trailers but I kinda just wanna cancel my pre order
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

There is always teh Switch game.

Which will be worse than USUM.

Because no new Pokémon game can be good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is always teh Switch game.

Which will be worse than USUM.

Because no new Pokémon game can be good anymore.
    In all honesty Gold/Silver, and their rereleases, are the best games as they had the most content. No game before or since has come close to it, so in a way I would say they've all been a bit disappointing, although Gen 6 is probably the worst and I personally would say Gen 3 is the 2nd worst, but that later is just my opinion.

alolan lapras would be interesting or an alolan growlithe/arcanine
    mr pickles

I would've been a fan of going back to Kanto in HGSS/GSC if everything/everyone there wasn't 20 levels below me. Just felt like a mind numbing slog.
    "There's no post-game content? UGH"
    "It's post-game content? UGH"
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-11-12 at 10:08 PM.

Uhm, I will have to disagree. Every pokemon game that has come out has always been better than the last and the previous ones with no exceptions. I am looking forward to USUM. I think that people that are disappointed are simply expecting too much from a game that never did what they expected from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Uhm, I will have to disagree. Every pokemon game that has come out has always been better than the last and the previous ones with no exceptions. I am looking forward to USUM. I think that people that are disappointed are simply expecting too much from a game that never did what they expected from it.
    Pokémon peaked with GSC and then again with their remakes on HGSS. Everything between and after those is trash.

Though do not ever say Gen 1 is best or that there is only 151 Pokémon. That makes you filthy genwunner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, I will have to disagree. Every pokemon game that has come out has always been better than the last
    Heh heh heh. Do you exist in a universe where gen 6 and 7 don't exist yet?

Anyway, the gym they added was lame

I'm sorry, but Gen 6 is absolutely the worst one, and Gen 7 wasn't much better although it does have the best Team next to Rocket.

gen 7
    gen 2
    gen 5
    gen 3
    gen 1
    gen 6
    gen 4

imo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'd order them to my tastes like this.

2, 5, 1, 7, 4, 6, 3

As for the games themselves they might be more like this.

2, 5, 7, 3, 1, 4, 6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    In all honesty Gold/Silver, and their rereleases, are the best games as they had the most content. No game before or since has come close to it, so in a way I would say they've all been a bit disappointing, although Gen 6 is probably the worst and I personally would say Gen 3 is the 2nd worst, but that later is just my opinion.
    I don't know about Gen 6 being the worst. Counting OR/AS, it's probably my favourite Gen (Gen 4 being extremely close, because I liked D/P and the G/S Remakes were just fantastic, Soul Silver is definitely my most played Pokemon Game). OR/AS were awesome in Gameplay features, story, and I loved the postgame arc. Of course, Nostalgia also played a part in my enjoyment of OR/AS. I actually feel like Gen 7 is kinda disappointing so far, especially in comparison, but we're still getting US/UM and they might just fix all of my issues with Sun and Moon, so.

Quote Originally Posted by ashcloak View Post
    I don't know about Gen 6 being the worst. Counting OR/AS, it's probably my favourite Gen (Gen 4 being extremely close, because I liked D/P and the G/S Remakes were just fantastic, Soul Silver is definitely my most played Pokemon Game). OR/AS were awesome in Gameplay features, story, and I loved the postgame arc. Of course, Nostalgia also played a part in my enjoyment of OR/AS.
    You are a rare one. Most people with any sort of nostalgia towards RSE claim they are vastly superior to ORAS in every aspect (dat Battle Frontier).
    Quote Originally Posted by ashcloak View Post
    I actually feel like Gen 7 is kinda disappointing so far, especially in comparison, but we're still getting US/UM and they might just fix all of my issues with Sun and Moon, so.
    USUM literally is "Sun and Moon, but with extra year of dev time to actually finish the games" (leaks have confirmed this) so they should be better than SuMo. How much is a different story.

I don't get where you are pulling that the latest gens are trash from. I had an absolute blast playing both of them, and consider each pokemon game better than the last one.

I don't get where you are pulling that the latest gens are trash from. I had an absolute blast playing both of them, and consider each pokemon game better than the last one.
    Just reading the community consensus. Games directed by Masuda and Ohmori are absolute trash and even those before them were much worse than HGSS.

Heh heh heh. Do you exist in a universe where gen 6 and 7 don't exist yet?

Anyway, the gym they added was lame
    I don't get it. If you consider the games trash, why are you playing them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just reading the community consensus. Games directed by Masuda and Ohmori are absolute trash and even those before them were much worse than HGSS.
    I haven't read anything like this, and I don't consider HGSS anything too fancy. Plus, I don't see any arguments to support that the latest gens are not good. I'm afraid that you're all up steeped in hate for something you wanted and you were never meant to receive.