Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So how is ultra sun/moon so far difficulty/story wise.
    Definitely more difficult than Sun & Moon. There have been many complaints that they are too hard actually.

Story wise, I really liked it. Don't know what to say of it depending on the amount of spoilers you may want or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Two words: Pokémon bank.
    Three words: Not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    It's been available for a while now actually x)

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It's been available for a while now actually x)
    Well, shit. Guess I was wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Catch it. There will be another one waiting for you in the grass whenever you feel like it. It won't go away until you catch the second one. (they did this so you can trade one for the other version's exclusive ub)
    Yeh i catched sassy one and killed next one for shiny. But its realy shitty you have to accept Type: Null to be able to progress.

Doing team rocket now for cash .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Patched two days after the game's launch.

Update your Pokébank.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Definitely more difficult than Sun & Moon. There have been many complaints that they are too hard actually.

Story wise, I really liked it. Don't know what to say of it depending on the amount of spoilers you may want or not.
    Hmm if it actually has some kind of difficulty I might get it. The main problems I had with sun/moon was it was luaghly easy, the trails were a poor replacement for gyms and I couldn’t care less about ultra beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok this version guzma is badass .

Hmm if it actually has some kind of difficulty I might get it. The main problems I had with sun/moon was it was luaghly easy, the trails were a poor replacement for gyms and I couldn’t care less about ultra beast.
    The Ultra Beasts are not a focus on the game. There's no Looker quest at the end for instance. You only catch 2 UBs of the same species for story.

- - - Updated - - -

The trials are updated and some are considered to be very hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf Ai cheats...Brick Break before Accelrock.

So how is ultra sun/moon so far difficulty/story wise.
    I didnt have much trouble with anything until the Necrozma stuff. The sudden 10 lvl jump caught me off guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone who cheated their way thru (aka sent over a lvl100 mon from Sun and boosted my started to 50) even i had difficulty with some fights. Tho someimes it was more due to the lvl 100 killing itself but the lvl 50 struggled with some enemies

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghetsis: Throw away your pokeballs or she gets it.
    Me:

- - - Updated - - -

Giowani was a joke:
    I started with a rock type, he used dugtrio. I switched to Flygon and he used earthquake. Then he spamed punch wich failed and i keept dragondancing. Then i 1 shit everything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Patched two days after the game's launch.

Update your Pokébank.
    Yep, already noted I was wrong. I had originally read not to expect a patch until late December - I'm pleasantly surprised.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty neat idea for a playthrough series. Capturing all Pokémon on Alola dex. No Bank and I assume only trading between the two version pairs for exclusives and trade evolutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Pretty neat idea for a playthrough series. Capturing all Pokémon on Alola dex. No Bank and I assume only trading between the two version pairs for exclusives and trade evolutions.
    I kinda did this in sun and moon before pokebank for shiny charm.

Saw the newest movie and holy shit it's bad, and it's not bad because Pikachu talks but because of the entire movie as a whole, and in fact what's in the spoiler is nowhere near as bad as people were saying.

They tried to do a retelling but at the same time this movie tells it's own story and by doing both the movie fails to make either any good, or even adequate. They pick and choose various points for us to see, like the first episode (which makes sense), the Charmander episode (now with new random antagonist trainer), and letting go of Butterfree. The first two stories are handled well enough, but man alive the Butterfree one just happens, almost out of nowhere, and it's far worse for it. There is no real build up and because you never see Ash's relationship with Butterfree, or even Caterpie or Metapod outside of feeding it, the emotional weight of it is lost. It's a terrible attempt to pull at your heartstrings and it doesn't deserve it, nor was it even needed in the movie. Then with Charmander they basically try and give this antagonist trainer the Paul/Chimchar story line, but when you only try and shove it into a movie and focus on it for about 5 minutes it's not very good. Had it been focused on over time it might have been decent, but here it's an eye roller of a small plot.

Speaking of plot, it's bad. Like really bad. There is no central conflict with the only real struggle for Ash being losing to the new "bad trainer" and then at the end where Marshadow is the bad guy, for some reason. There's a legend/prophecy of the "Rainbow Hero", but that ultimately doesn't mean anything as Ash doesn't save anything nor does this little quest mean anything more than battling Ho-oh. Thanks to them trying to do a retelling and making their own story you get a lot of exposition early on as they try to explain everything, which only clogs the movie up and takes away from what they're trying to build.

The personality of the characters are practically nonexistent, even for Ash and Pikachu. The two new characters they put in, which I don't even remember the names of, have sad back stories, one about how a mom doesn't feel the girl character is good enough and the other guy has a terribly sad backstory where a pokemon dies to protect him. One is a who cares kind of thing and the latter comes the fuck out of nowhere trying to drum up some emotion, and it would if the rest of the movie wasn't terrible and if we knew anything about these characters. Then we get to Ash, who seems indebted to always say the usual "Pokemon are friends" and the rest of his usual shtick from the anime, but because we spend almost no time getting to know him and his relationship with his Pokemon all of it comes across as odd and really forced. Ash keeps saying "remember how we used to run all the time" when remembering Pikachu in the hard times of the movie, but they only ran in the fields once and because we have no idea how long they've been traveling it's hard to sympathize and relate with these emotions. One major issue is Ash's personality changing suddenly, a complete 180, because he loses to the new antagonist trainer. It comes out of nowhere, and seems to be partly because of Marshadow, again we don't know why it's doing it, and then there's a dumb dream sequence that somehow changes his mind, and it's all just a mess. It's handled terribly and not like either the Ash that we normally know from the show nor the Ash that they were trying to build up in the movie.

Animation.....wait....there really isn't any to speak of. The movie looks like any normal episode of the anime with no real scene standing out and the fight choreography being no different than what we normally see. For an anniversary movie and a retelling of an era long gone by you'd think they'd try and put out some better quality animation, but nope.

So then we get to the whole Pikachu talking thing and honestly it isn't bad at all. It could easily be explained by Ash dying towards the end and him just hearing things, and when you look at the animation of Pikachu "speaking" it's still making the "Pi", "ka", "chu" mouth movements. Honestly this was probably the least bad part of the whole movie, and that's saying something when something that shouldn't happen is better than the rest of the movie. If the whole movie was handled better it would have held far more emotional weight, but because you have to slog through 80 minutes of pure crap all it does is give you a moment of relief to see something semi-decent.

The only real part I enjoyed out of this whole movie was when Ash hears about Butterfree needing to go to its spawning grounds and Ash goes "Alright, good for you Butterfree!", which I found rather hilarious as Ash is being a bro going "go get some". This was the only real part that gave me any joy.

Overall this whole movie was a test of endurance the likes I haven't seen since Suicide Squad. As a retelling it's terrible and as it's own standalone movie it's worse. There's almost nothing of enjoyment here and there's more I could easily write about, but this is already long enough. This movie should be skipped unless you really like a bad time.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-11-28 at 09:23 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Just missing a cosmog second evolution now. I think i have some spare un-evolved ones in old game.

- - - Updated - - -

Shiny charm has a new reward:
    http://shrani.si/f/17/sT/2ZjKkt6O/2017-11-28-161521.jpg
    http://shrani.si/f/3e/Ve/4m41ic1E/2017-11-28-161551.jpg
    http://shrani.si/f/30/E0/1llqnRWv/2017-11-28-161612.jpg
    http://shrani.si/f/17/XF/4flGbMTL/2017-11-28-161622.jpg

Dont look at pics if you dont wana get spoiled. (bag and boots are not part of set)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeh i catched sassy one and killed next one for shiny. But its realy shitty you have to accept Type: Null to be able to progress.
    What do you mean by that? Probably a noob question but does that mean that if you kill one of the UBs you might get a chance to catch it again later on as shiny?