Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    He said he preorders based on idea/series/story and he'd play it regardless.
    My point is that if you buy games based upon their pitch, eventually you're going to get burned. Now, obviously, it's his money and he can do whatever he likes with it, all I'm saying is that waiting until there is critique out there hurts nothing. In a world of digital codes, there's not going to be a shortage of the game he wants to buy. In the past five years, I've pre-ordered two games: BioShock Infinite and Skyrim, based upon my enjoyment of previous titles and anticipation of what I expected those games to be. While I ultimately would do it again for BSI, I got bored after reaching level ten and quit Skyrim; it wasn't worth my time nor money. I'm rambling, but what I'm essentially trying to say is this: my personal stance on pre-orderes is that if I have enjoyed at least one previous title in the series and very much need to play it right fucking now, fine, I'll pre-order it. Otherwise? I'll wait at least 24 hours and see what's good and bad about it. The wait won't kill me, and I'll be informed of what, if anything, plagues the game. I feel like pre-ordering is an emotional "gotta have it now" response, while waiting a day and assessing what the game turned out to be is the logical response.

It's a review, unless you want to go the route of "first impressions" which will basically net you "here's my review of the first few hours of this game". No Man's Sky would be a hit among those looking for 1-3 hours of gameplay review. What does that tell me about low end machines? High end? Consoles? It's a review for one subset of gamers, and not even the majority. I know he primarily does pc gaming, but covering all your bases is important.
    What is a review? My link is most certainly not a review. In the broad sense, you can call it whatever you'd like, but TB is very clear that/when he doesn't finish the game (which is very often). "My Initial Thoughts on Civilization 6" is a video he put out a month ago, for example. That's very clearly a first impression, not a "finished" review. For his "WTF Is... - Shadow Warrior 2?" video he put out three weeks ago, he shows, and explicitly says, that he's finished ~30% (it's been three months since I've seen it, I can't recall how long exactly) of the game, and says multiple times "this may improve later down the line, but as it stands now, X sucks", etc. That, to me, aligns more towards first impressions, not reviews. In regards to NMS, I'm fairly certain TB has been negative towards the game, and he usually plays a good chunk of the game before putting his thoughts out there. Putting out his thoughts on the first "1-3 hours" of a game means very little.

Of course two tweets don't cover the entire scope of three platforms with a multitude of different configurations, that would be silly to argue. I find it to be a reasonable stance to say "at 'medium' settings, there are significant problems. Be wary of this game". Do you? Normally, when he gives more detailed information specs in a video, he tests on low, medium, and high for PC. A tweet is not his video. I'm sure that will be forthcoming. He is known for the PC platform, it would be rather strange to cover a platform he - as well as his audience, I'd venture to guess - has little to no interest in. Would I prefer information on every device? Sure, but I don't expect that of him.

He is an absolute asshole to people that don't like him and his fans are even worse. I used to watch his videos, but his anger issues slowly began to come out and eventually I just had no desire to watch him.
    I like him, so I can't speak in regards to those that don't, however short of his "get cancer and die" tweet, I am honestly ignorant of his assholeishness. How his fans act shouldn't influence your perception of him, considering he isn't ordering nor endorsing this behavior. That's fine if you don't like him, we all have our likes and dislikes, I just can't say that I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I don't buy games based on other people's thought, mainly because most of the time I disagree. Watching a review that is biased to that reviewers opinion means you go into a game with a pre-misconception (possibly)

I like to experience the game myself and make my own opinion.
    You have a point with getting certain expectations, but I don't think you do in regards to the rest of it - at least, not in how I use reviews. When I look at reviews, when I hear "the combat in Skyrim sucks!" (with no information as to why), that is a near meaningless thought that I dismiss. However, when I hear "the combat in Skyrim sucks because X, Y, and Z", that is a meaningful thought that I do put value in. In TB's case, I find that his opinions usually fall into the latter category, so that regardless of if I've played a game or not, I can look at it and say "huh, that sounds like the combat is pretty shallow and disappointing... maybe I'll look for another game, where I'll find more fufilling gameplay". Obviously I don't expect you to draw the same conclusions that he does, but I feel that if you listen and entertain the reasoning behind his opinions, you can draw worthwhile thoughts about the game in question. This, I feel, is worthwhile and valuable.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2016-11-11 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 6

Why don't you like him, Thra? He's not my favorite, but he's consistently pro-consumer, so I like him.
    My opinion on him is pretty neutral. What I can't stand is the people that consider his opinions as the be-all and end-all of opinions. People who regurgitate what he says and can't form an opinion of their own. If TB says a game is shit then nothing will convince those people otherwise.

You buy games based on trailers? And avoid reviews? Oh boy, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...
    I like to buy games based neither. I like to research the game, watch regular gameplay, and maybe test it out if possible. I will sometimes watch a bunch of reviews to see what many different people have to say about the game, but like to form my own opinion in the end. I will not watch a single reviewer only.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I don't buy games based on other people's thought. Watching a review that is biased to that reviewers opinion means you go into a game with a pre-misconception (possibly)

I like to experience the game myself and make my own opinion.
    Exactly!

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me or does it seem like Hollywood is rebooting a ton of movies and tv shows lately? Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Exactly!
    I don't think any reasonable person would argue that because of X person, or Y hype, you should like a game... I'm just trying to say that the information that is out there is helpful in wether or not you should buy a game.

Is it just me or does it seem like Hollywood is rebooting a ton of movies and tv shows lately? Enough is enough.
    It seems like all media is on this path; God knows video games are riding the "remaster" path for all it's worth, let alone sequels and yearly installments...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any reasonable person would argue that because of X person, or Y hype, you should like a game
    I've met a fair amount of people like that, not just with video games either. I think people should watch more than just one review and instead watch ones that give a good, unbiased opinion of the game with pros and cons. I think people should watch multiple reviews, watch regular game play, and read up on the game itself before declaring anything.
    I think I'm in the minority, but I like to research the fuck out of things before committing to buying.

Too many reviewers just give one or the other, and also fail to understand that people have different tastes. So many reviewers end with "this game is shit don't buy it" or "this is the best game ever, buy it". They should end with "I didn't like it for X reasons, but Z things were pretty good. These are just my opinions and you may actually enjoy the game more than I did"

In the end, I guess people can just do whatever they want. Who am I to tell them what should drive their decision to buy a game?
    Just my opinion on the matter.

I'm just trying to say that the information that is out there is helpful in wether or not you should buy a game.
    You are right, but there is also information out there that is unhelpful as well as people trying to state their opinion as fact.

It seems like all media is on this path; God knows video games are riding the "remaster" path for all it's worth, let alone sequels and yearly installments...
    Indeed. I don't need to see movies or shows brought back with half-assed reboots or sequels.
    I also don't need video game sequels every year. Take your damn time with the game and put some effort into it, make it a worthwhile purchase.

We also don't need constant remasters of older games.
    That being said, I like what 343 Industries did with Halo:CE Anniversary. The ability to toggle between the old and new at any point is just excellent. If only it was released on PC. They also didn't release the game at full price, so good on them for that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing campus is closed tomorrow, because there is no way I am getting sleep tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    YUa I like Dr. Strange. And Road to El Dorado is fine (The girl is sooo attractive!) but it's no masterpiece. The songs aren't as solid as alternatives
    True, but not every movie can be as awesome as Tangled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I quite like "Anastasia". Pretty good but I mostly like the story and songs
    This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post
    Asme, you seen "Spirit: stallion of the cimarron" and "Bjørne Brødre"(Brother bear??, to lazy to lookup the English name on phone) , the former has absolutely fantastic music and the latter a bit of both.
    Never seen either, mostly because the cover didn't interest me. Guess I could still give them a try.

+ 7

Perhaps I should watch Mulan and Princess And The Frog first?

10+ Year Old Account
    + 8

I've not watched Anastasia since I was a small children. I think I should re-watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Both are good movies.

- - - Updated - - -

I need this in my life http://www.sportrider.com/sites/spor...?itok=qFLK7M-e

- - - Updated - - -

Road to El Dorado is on Netflix. Might have to watch that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Wreck-it Ralph and Anastasia aren't available to stream on Netflix. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

Prince of Egypt, Zootopia, Road to El Dorado. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I have no idea what I want to watch. Maybe I'll watch some Top Gear.

I've not watched Anastasia since I was a small children
    Are you a merger of multiple small children?

True, but not every movie can be as awesome as Tangled.

This one?

Never seen either, mostly because the cover didn't interest me. Guess I could still give them a try.

+ 7

ohh, you haven't seen Mulan either?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdVaFCgK_8g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOXEPNvNB8

If you like Lea Salonga (Also was the singing voice for Jasmine), then watch Mulan first

+9
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

– Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post
    Also was the singing voice for Jasmine
    I only found out like half a year ago that the voice actors don't always do the songs..

+ 10

I only found out like half a year ago that the voice actors don't always do the songs..

+ 10

0:26 , definitely no change of singers at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTF57QyrjI

They get some big names in some of those singing though, like Bryan Adams, Phil Collins (Singer of genesis, he does singing for the vid linked above)

+11

We don't have enough people on Iceland to do that though, so we usually get singers to voice and then they can do both proficiently.
    Last edited by Kjanaprik; 2016-11-11 at 01:42 PM.
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

+ 12

Nintendo Classic Mini NES sold out everywhere

+18

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that if you buy games based upon their pitch, eventually you're going to get burned. Now, obviously, it's his money and he can do whatever he likes with it, all I'm saying is that waiting until there is critique out there hurts nothing. In a world of digital codes, there's not going to be a shortage of the game he wants to buy. In the past five years, I've pre-ordered two games: BioShock Infinite and Skyrim, based upon my enjoyment of previous titles and anticipation of what I expected those games to be. While I ultimately would do it again for BSI, I got bored after reaching level ten and quit Skyrim; it wasn't worth my time nor money. I'm rambling, but what I'm essentially trying to say is this: my personal stance on pre-orderes is that if I have enjoyed at least one previous title in the series and very much need to play it right fucking now, fine, I'll pre-order it. Otherwise? I'll wait at least 24 hours and see what's good and bad about it. The wait won't kill me, and I'll be informed of what, if anything, plagues the game. I feel like pre-ordering is an emotional "gotta have it now" response, while waiting a day and assessing what the game turned out to be is the logical response.
    You're going to be burned or not regardless. I've played games that have been rated incredibly high I thought were garbage, and played games rated low I thought were awesome. I go into games the same as I do movies. If it seems like something I'd watch/play, I'll buy it. Will I waste money? No. To me, unless said entertainment is flat out 0 hours of boring (which it will never be), it will never be a waste.

What is a review? My link is most certainly not a review. In the broad sense, you can call it whatever you'd like, but TB is very clear that/when he doesn't finish the game (which is very often). "My Initial Thoughts on Civilization 6" is a video he put out a month ago, for example. That's very clearly a first impression, not a "finished" review. For his "WTF Is... - Shadow Warrior 2?" video he put out three weeks ago, he shows, and explicitly says, that he's finished ~30% (it's been three months since I've seen it, I can't recall how long exactly) of the game, and says multiple times "this may improve later down the line, but as it stands now, X sucks", etc. That, to me, aligns more towards first impressions, not reviews. In regards to NMS, I'm fairly certain TB has been negative towards the game, and he usually plays a good chunk of the game before putting his thoughts out there. Putting out his thoughts on the first "1-3 hours" of a game means very little.

Of course two tweets don't cover the entire scope of three platforms with a multitude of different configurations, that would be silly to argue. I find it to be a reasonable stance to say "at 'medium' settings, there are significant problems. Be wary of this game". Do you? Normally, when he gives more detailed information specs in a video, he tests on low, medium, and high for PC. A tweet is not his video. I'm sure that will be forthcoming. He is known for the PC platform, it would be rather strange to cover a platform he - as well as his audience, I'd venture to guess - has little to no interest in. Would I prefer information on every device? Sure, but I don't expect that of him.
    I'll be honest, I didn't check your link. However, personally, even if a game is broken is not going to burn me on a preorder or purchase. Chances are high it will get fixed. If it never gets fixed then yeah I'd be a little upset but by and large it's not a substantial chunk of money either way. Your opinion may be different but what you do is really not my concern. Your comment on him buying games based on reviews is also a little snarky. You are aware gameplay trailers are a thing, right? As long as devs aren't flat out lying a la Colonial Marines, you're going to have a pretty good idea of what you're getting into.

Actual release product demos ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BE A THING.

I like him, so I can't speak in regards to those that don't, however short of his "get cancer and die" tweet, I am honestly ignorant of his assholeishness. How his fans act shouldn't influence your perception of him, considering he isn't ordering nor endorsing this behavior. That's fine if you don't like him, we all have our likes and dislikes, I just can't say that I agree with you.
    I'm not sure how long you've followed his twitter, but he has had a horrible online presence there, not even short of his "get cancer and die" tweet. https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDr..._dramawave_tb/

Some of the links haven't been working, but this was a huge drama llama that resulted in him deleting his reddit account.

There is plenty more if you want to look into it.

Feel free to like him all you want, he has still been a prick in the past and "Oops I fucked up, sorry" and then doing it again and again does not excuse his behavior.