+ 32

Dammit, Steam, stop being a poop.

+ 30

Okay, I need help. I have two computers - one desktop and one laptop. I have Resident Evil 6 fully installed on my desktop, and I want to install it on my laptop. Because I have it already downloaded and installed on my desktop, I figure I could skip two hours of downloading the game via the internet, and just copy the 14GB+ folder onto my laptop and then have Steam find and validate those files and then let me play that way. ...except Steam isn't finding the files. After I successfully copied the file (to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Resident Evil 6), Steam goes through the trouble of seeing that there's content there ("Discovering preexisting content..."), then goes to allocating space, then...attempts to download the entire game. That was my first attempt. After many issues, I deleted the folder, and copied it again, and three minutes ago, started the download at 1.2GB/14.1GB. Why did it start there? What am I doing wrong? Help.

+ 32

That should work. So many things that can be the problem though... Correct folder? Copied all files? Huge update the desktop didn't have installed yet? Some type of DRM?

Have you tried creating a new Steam library folder and copying the game there?
    There's also a 'Clear download cache' button on the library settings tab, maybe that thing helps.

+ 29

I'm positive I've copied the correct folder. I'm wondering if there's another path or something; maybe there's another RE6 folder that needs to exist elsewhere in Windows...? Unless there was a patch that is the exact same size as the entire game - one that I played 24 hours ago, no, no patch that I'm aware of. No special DRM that I can think of.

When I look at RE6's properties within Steam, it says that it's empty, yet when I try to point Steam towards the info, it defaults to the folder that has the info...?

I dunno... Maybe I'll have to download it via internet, I guess. Pain in the ass. I've already had to enter Safe Mode to delete two folders that have me permission errors today...

+ 28

You could try to create a new library folder. Can't think of a good reason why it doesn't work.

+ 32

So many great items this event! Cruiser D.VA, Dunebuggy Bastion, and Ninja Hanzo... plus all of those amazing dance emotes! Seriously, why are the dance emotes exclusive to the event? 750 per emote for 24 heroes... AND the 3000 gold legendaries (some of which are quite frankly the best since Halloween). I can't pick!