Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So you say less political correctness and stuff like being rude, racists, sexist etc is what would make the world a better place?
    I think it has more to relate with freedom of speech.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Sure they may be new markets, but they're still undergoing industrialization.
    i like it more here than i did in europe when i was there

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't really care, unless the main characters race is changed. Like, if a new Superman movie came out and it was revealed he was black. I'd be upset about it.

If the character is portrayed as white in a comic/other movie (or whatever), keep him/her white and don't try to change it for political correctness.
    Johnny Storm in the new Fantastic Four movie is black... after what, 50 years of being a white kid in the comics.?

Jimmy Olsen in the new (shitty) Super-Woman tv show , stoped being an Irish red head nerd guy with freckles to a black model type man..

And many more...

Come up up with new Heros ,dont change existing ones just to fill a quota...
    Diversity just for the sake of diversity isnt doing any good...

Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    i like it more here than i did in europe when i was there
    And that's your choice.

What do the masses think of Africa and Asia? That's my point.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

7+ Year Old Account
    And that's your choice.

What do the masses think of Africa and Asia? That's my point.
    i think many like thailand we get many tourists here japan and south korea is very high thought of i think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Simple answer - yes

- - - Updated - - -

Like black Annie. And black Wizard of Oz?
    Or a black James Bond. I don't have a problem with black lead characters but can't they make him another Bond-like character or just based on James Bond? I mean the latest Bourne movie didn't have Jason Bourne in it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Diversity just for the sake of diversity isnt doing any good...
    That's a big assumption. How do you know they didn't just pick the best actor from an audition?

Well the reason behind a black Nick Fury is because it's the ultimate universe of marvel or it could be the fact that regular Nick Fury also had a son with an African women in the main universe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a concern in Hollywood because there will be too many white males in Transformers spin-off.

Source:
    http://www.thewrap.com/transformers-...les-exclusive/

Why Nick Fury is black?(he was white last time I saw old comics/tv shows)

Why Heimdall is black in Thor? Isn't it Nordic mythology?

They are probably one of least severe examples, but still, are we going to ignore the reality just to force political correctness?

I'm not even saying about how racism towards white people is ignored.
    About the Heimdall thing... It is so loosely based on Nordic Mythology that it slips off. Even then, my beloved ancestors still routinely brought back thralls from wherever they had just travelled, so we had quite a few black people here :P

Nick Fury has a damn good reason, that I can't think of atm. Sounds bad, I know, but I remember reading it at some point and thinking "Huh. Makes sense."
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2015-06-02 at 09:05 PM. Reason: removed something dumb.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

i think many like thailand we get many tourists here japan and south korea is very high thought of i think
    Tourism isn't the same as immigration.

what is political correctness???
    When someone scowls at you when you act like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's a big assumption. How do you know they didn't just pick the best actor from an audition?
    sorry but that doesnt make sense...
    when you do casting, first you look for a certain type of person, then chose a person of that type that have more "acting ability"..
    They even changed the origin story to fit the racial change , so the "best actor" line doesnt fit here

7+ Year Old Account
    Tourism isn't the same as immigration.
    you dont need immigration to be well thought of? japan is well thought of and dont have much immigration? south korea dont have much immigration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why Nick Fury is black?(he was white last time I saw old comics/tv shows)

Why Heimdall is black in Thor? Isn't it Nordic mythology?
    I didn't have a problem with them seeing as how cool they were in character.

But to the article....

have hired seven writers to expand the blockbuster franchise, all of whom are white males.
    The fuck does that have to do with anything?!?! Look at what they were a part of!!

On May 20, TheWrap reported that Robert Kirkman (“The Walking Dead”), Zak Penn (“Pacific Rim 2”), Jeff Pinkner (“The Amazing Spider-Man 2”) and Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (Iron Man) were joining a writer’s room of sorts that was designed to ramp up output for the “Transformers” series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't really care, unless the main characters race is changed. Like, if a new Superman movie came out and it was revealed he was black. I'd be upset about it.

If the character is portrayed as white in a comic/other movie (or whatever), keep him/her white and don't try to change it for political correctness.
    I think the race of super heroes doesn't matter, unless said race is a major part of their identity. Super Man is a good example where race would make a difference, being a black, Asian, or hispanic guy in Kansas is going to make his upbringing a hell of a lot different. Iron man however, could be any race realistically because his backstory is not influenced by him being white, black, or green.

So, I generally don't give 2 shits about completely fictional people having their skin color changed. If we had a bio pic for Ronald Reagan with Jackie Chan playing the titular role, that might be a little strange, but otherwise, does it really matter?
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    No one should ever be upset at Tilda Swinton taking any role. She transcends normal human actors.
    ^ Not to mention that particular role demands someone with an otherworldly / superhuman vibe to them - and not a lot of actors can really do that - whereas Tilda pulls that off wearing yoga pants, eating ice cream, watching netflix. Part of it is just her unique facial and body structure, part of it is how her voice has this natural echo, and a deepness that belies her slender frame. She has a very unique gravitas.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

you dont need immigration to be well thought of? japan is well thought of and dont have much immigration? south korea dont have much immigration?
    And I was talking about the whole Asia.

Deleted
    What if a man of any color wanted to be the next Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    when you do casting, first you look for a certain type of person
    There are more "certain types" than just the color of a person's skin.

Does this person have charisma to be a lead in a movie?
    Can he do an accent if required?
    etc. etc.

I'm sure skin color is pretty far down the list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Fortunately, critics agreed and panned the movie as did movie viewers with lack of sales.
    But do you honestly think that's a product of them changing the race of the main character? If Annie were white with the exact same script, would it have been any better?
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.