Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes, we are only ever better at tank healing when the extra health our absorbs provide actually mean something (as in: just full health is not enough) and even then we would need another healer to top of the actual health pool if it isn't a case of damage coming in in chucks of 120% tank health every 12s or something.

We pay for the advantage pure absorbs award us by having to apply them sequentially instead of parallelly.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2015-06-06 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It isn't. Holy Paladins are heavily incentivized when healing tanks directly and have near mana neutrality even when spamming their Flash Heal equivalent on Beaconed targets.

They have much stronger tools to burst heal any tank in a pinch, while not ignoring the other 2 tanks.

Disc doesn't have the tools to simultaneously heal up to 3 tanks at once no matter how good they are, and are just subverting the healing territory of paladins outside of periods of negligible raid damage at the cost of raid viability.
    But there's never really a point where you need to heal 3 tanks at once. At most it's 2, but even then it's usually more on the lines of "heal one and HoT the other", sort of. Disc's great at tank healing because it can take advantage of 4-5 GCDs before the damage even goes out to prevent it (Mark of Chaos, Impale, Shattering Smash, Suplex). I mean, yeah you can heal it up afterwards, it's rarely a big deal, but disc can leverage the 10 seconds' worth of GCDs before the damage which you'd normally spend resisting the urge not to AFK. And even beyond that, Penance and PWS are very solid after the damage goes out, considering your only other tank healing competition is Enveloping Mist and Holy Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But there's never really a point where you need to heal 3 tanks at once. At most it's 2, but even then it's usually more on the lines of "heal one and HoT the other", sort of. Disc's great at tank healing because it can take advantage of 4-5 GCDs before the damage even goes out to prevent it (Mark of Chaos, Impale, Shattering Smash, Suplex). I mean, yeah you can heal it up afterwards, it's rarely a big deal, but disc can leverage the 10 seconds' worth of GCDs before the damage which you'd normally spend resisting the urge not to AFK. And even beyond that, Penance and PWS are very solid after the damage goes out, considering your only other tank healing competition is Enveloping Mist and Holy Light.
    This only applies if there is no constant stream of damage which would use up absorbs beforhead and leave you with weakened soul debuffs on the targets.
    In almost all fights (Oregorger is an exception) you get such constant damage thus disc is better used working on the raid so it can jump in and put said shields on the tanks just in time before the big damage happens, but leave the tank healing to paladins otherwise - because those paladins do not leave weakened soul debuffs on the tanks when doing so.

We cannot really take advantage of the shield one heal the other concept either in the case of constant streams of damage. We have to do everything successively and lack something like a slow but effective hot to pull up the health of the tank we leave with a shield while we take care of the other. Yes, there are druids who could put up that hot - and that is an amazing collaboration concept, but that would make us two-healing the tanks at the very least.

(I'd love for a spell that worked as a slightly weak absorb that decays by reducing the remaing absorb value every second but healing for slightly more than said reduction whenever such a reduction happens.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Solace gives you mana you can use for whatever you want. SoL gives you FH which you don't normally use in raids. At least I don't use it more than 1-2 times per boss fight, and even if I do it's the sure sign of someone being underhealed. I'll definitely not touch SoL.

- - - Updated - - -

It's wasting beacon healing and basically just padding meters - and 6.2 has even more tank-centric healing tools.
    Nice, but then how the hell we should use CoW if not on tanks? I can barely find any use for it outside tanks. It's just very hard to place it on non-tanks and not have it wasted. (talking about heroic raids - maybe mythic is different)

Surge of Light is strong in 5 man setup. Be it unstuffed heroic dungeons or challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Because paladins exist and have Beacon of Light.
    + monks get one too
    + druids got double bloom
    and there is the holy class trinket of course!
    What what? Monks get "one" what? Beacon of Light??

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Solace gives you mana you can use for whatever you want. SoL gives you FH which you don't normally use in raids. At least I don't use it more than 1-2 times per boss fight, and even if I do it's the sure sign of someone being underhealed. I'll definitely not touch SoL.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, but then how the hell we should use CoW if not on tanks? I can barely find any use for it outside tanks. It's just very hard to place it on non-tanks and not have it wasted. (talking about heroic raids - maybe mythic is different)
    The idea is to not use it at all unless 1)there are specific mechanics that require/benefit greatly from running it over simply having baseline PW:S, 2)it doesn't hurt the raid if you do run CoW(if the rest of the raid dies while you are busy sniping the holy paladins, the fault lies squarely on you) 3)you don't have holy paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    Their set bonuses in T18 can rival double beacons, not that it works like BoL per se.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-06-10 at 01:02 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    We shouldn't if the encounter doesn't offer special rewards for doing so.

The idea is to not use it at all unless 1)there are specific mechanics that require/benefit greatly from running it over simply having baseline PW:S, 2)it doesn't hurt the raid if you do run CoW(if the rest of the raid dies while you are busy sniping the holy paladins, the fault lies squarely on you) 3)you don't have holy paladins.
    What do you expect people to do on fights like Mythic Iron Maidens, not shield the tank? Do you want them to just stand there doing nothing? You make it seem like we're "evil" for using COW on tanks if there's a paladin in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by DeezeNuts View Post
    What do you expect people to do on fights like Mythic Iron Maidens, not shield the tank? Do you want them to just stand there doing nothing? You make it seem like we're "evil" for using COW on tanks if there's a paladin in the group.
    Maidens is the exception. CoWing on blast furnace (for instance) is idiotic and defeats the purpose of having a disc in the raid in the first place.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    T18 set causes enveloping mist (tank heal) to heal everyone with renewing mist (raid heal like renew) on them for 50% of its healing. It is like a reverse Beacon of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    T18 set causes enveloping mist (tank heal) to heal everyone with renewing mist (raid heal like renew) on them for 50% of its healing. It is like a reverse Beacon of Light.
    Your misinformation astounds me. Perhaps you should learn, accurately, what the set bonus does before you speak of it.

MW Monk 2p applies a buff to players whom you cast Renewing Mist on. Its not everyone, just the initial target. That buff is called Extend Life. Extend Life has a minor initial heal effect and then causes the player to take 15% increased healing from the Monk for 12 seconds.

MW Monk 4p bonus does not cause only Enveloping Mist (which isn't a tank heal wtf does that even mean, its a large short duration HoT) but also Uplift (aoe heal) to heal targets of its 2p bonus "Extend Life" for 50% of the amount healed.

Its acting as a pseudo Beacon of Light, except its temporary and requires micro management to maximize its effect unlike Paladin Beacon where its fire and forget unless theres a death or a significant tank swap.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.