10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally got around to watching Bunny Girl Senpai + the movie (I'm mega late), and I think it broke me?

It's been a week already and I just haven't found anything to get that show out of my head... It's genuinely one of the most engaging thing I've watched in a log ass time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything of this good?

Remake Our Life!
    Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei
    Kanojo mo Kanojo
    Hamefura 2nd Season (not sure if i will watch another season of that as it was pretty meh)
    Vanitas―The Case of Rusty Hopes
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu
    Peach Boy Riverside

Or is just a trash dump before good season stuff.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say hands down Odd Taxi definitely Anime of the season was not expecting the twist in the last episode.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Anything of this good?
    If you can deal with gag-romance, Kanojo mo Kanojo might be something for you.
    The single-digit braincell cast paired with the facepalm-worthy premise and the on point background music had one hell of a hilarious first episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is looking far better than I thought it would. Looks like they really gave the studios a fair bit of freedom to tell the story they wanted the way they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    The single-digit braincell cast paired with the facepalm-worthy premise and the on point background music had one hell of a hilarious first episode.
    Well Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki was not that horrible start i guess. But they used a generic circle city (AGAIN!!!!), lame summon and the usual you are a hero thing + kill demon lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Well this is looking far better than I thought it would. Looks like they really gave the studios a fair bit of freedom to tell the story they wanted the way they wanted.

[]
    If its studio trigger the story at end will not make any sense as usual.

If its studio trigger the story at end will not make any sense as usual.
    If it was Trigger behind both the story AND animation, maybe. But this looks like an Animatrix style project where multiple studios are coming together for the project. So Trigger probably won't be given leeway for their usual story shenanigans here. But we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...isn't that a hentai?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wait...isn't that a hentai?
    ehm no, thats another show with a name that has quite the resemblance but is still different

edit for clarification:
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/43969/Kanojo_mo_Kanojo thats the one we are talking about
    Last edited by Sezerek; 2021-07-04 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ehm no, thats another show with a name that has quite the resemblance but is still different

edit for clarification:
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/43969/Kanojo_mo_Kanojo thats the one we are talking about
    Oh dang, you right. I left out one 'kanojo'. Still, I'm surprised someone caught on to my screw up so quickly. Lots of cultured individuals here, it seems.

Movie poster by Pablo Uchida

Gundam: Hathaway's Flash - 6/10 (Fine)

Just going to say this right out of the gate: you'll get the most mileage out of this movie if you have seen the UC Tomino saga (Mobile Suit Gundam > Zeta Gundam > ZZ > Char's Counterattack). I'd also recommend watching Origin before MSG as it helps flesh out the backstory. Though I guess you can watch this without having seen the UC Saga before. If you don't understand why the protagonist is fighting against the Federation, or what Newtypes are and the visions Hathaway has, then just know that the Feddies are dicks who never learn, and that Hathaway is a psychic (Gundam Unicorn turns Newtype powers into insane space magic that can do anything, but I digress).

This movie was overall okay. Not a fan of the artstyle; wish it had been drawn like the old 80's Zeta/ZZ/CCA/War in the Pocket style. The CGI water didn't look very good. And, sorry, I will simply never get over 3D CGI mecha. It didn't look good in Aldnoah Zero. It didn't look good in Unicorn. It didn't look good in Origin. And it doesn't look good here. It's quite baffling how Gundam is Sunrise's flagship franchise, and when they do the movie adaptation of the biggest Gundam novel that hasn't been adapted yet (with Tomino's name on it!)... they half ass it with 3D CGI rather than giving it the attention it deserves. Are 2D mecha animators extinct or what?

The other problem with the movie is that it suffers from the same problem any UC material post ZZ suffers from: it's bleak. Time after time again, the Federation are dicks, which incites an uprising, which is eventually quelled, and the Federation never learns their lesson. They continue to be dicks and everyone keeps suffering. I wonder if Sunrise will keep the ending to the novel, as that would be a rather sour note to end the UC timeline on (aka there is no hope, the Feddies will rule over you with an iron fist forever!), as Hathaway is the last thing before the 50 year time jump to F91 and no one cares about Late UC anyway. Maybe Sunrise could finally get around to adapting Crossbone Vanguard?

I watched subbed. Dunno if the English dub is any good, but given this is a Netflix anime I doubt it. Only good Gundam dub I've seen was War in the Pocket.

Misc thoughts

How do the fluids stay within the glasses in zero gravity in the opening scene? That'd only work if the spacecraft is accelerating upwards, but that isn't what is shown in the opening shot.

(from the news report on the laptop in the intro) Side 6 is Christinia's and Al's home. Yikes. Hathaway takes place in the year 105? So it has been 25 years since War in the Pocket? So Al must be 36 now. Christina must be in her 40s. Hope they had families.

The CCA flashback was pretty cool, but if Hathaway is seriously seeing Gigi as love interest material, then I'm going to say that he has bad taste in women. Don't go for narcissists folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway's Flash - pretty ok movie, but there was barely any mobile suit combat. And you barely seen them as combat felt weird.
    Yeah there were only two mecha fights in the whole film. The first one took place at such incredibly long range you never got to see the attacking Penelope. Both fights took place in the dark so it was hard to see.

The Penelope having a tail was cool. Looks sorta like a tailed hawk while flying. I'm not sure what the tail does, though. Does it have a laser cannon on the end?

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose that's another problem with the movie: it's only a partial adaptation of the novel. It's supposed to be a setup movie for more films to finish the novel. 90% of this movie was just people standing around talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i have seen 1.st ep of Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid and i must say....its meh

Oh no some guy cant touch the hot girl for a story reason ..... boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Getter Robo Arc -- ok this show is a bit of problem. The original anime was made in year 1991 and there is no way in hell i will watch something that old
    Animation is very well done tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seirei Gensouki -- oh come F on... another same looking circle city

300 year slime ep 12 MAID OUTFITS

10+ Year Old Account
    Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist --- this anime is Woof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so the OP for Dragon Maid S kinda slaps

10+ Year Old Account
    So I’m not as young as I used to be … wtf is woof?

And Dragon Maid was amazing, came back really strong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post

And Dragon Maid was amazing, came back really strong
    ...and also triggered twitter

For the woof you gota check the anime :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    There's a character (wolf girl) who says woof constantly. The style of the anime and character make it feel more endearing than annoying, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the episode, 100% got it now hah thanks