Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Slow thread...
    Entering scores and grading tests. Or entering grades and scoring tests. However you prefer.

Did take a break to watch the first episode of One Punch Man. It did look really good as people said. Whether it's worth watching will depend on how it goes. If it is dedicated to pure randomness the whole show, it will get sort of dull for me. But if it continues to mix some degree of comedy with perhaps a bit of development it will be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Entering scores and grading tests. Or entering grades and scoring tests. However you prefer.

Did take a break to watch the first episode of One Punch Man. It did look really good as people said. Whether it's worth watching will depend on how it goes. If it is dedicated to pure randomness the whole show, it will get sort of dull for me. But if it continues to mix some degree of comedy with perhaps a bit of development it will be fun.
    I haven't watched anything yet, full of exams to study for and league's worlds to watch =x

Not anime-related, but I figure people here would appreciate good cosplay:

https://i.imgur.com/OkC0mda.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    and league's worlds to watch =x
    shit tier pleb

...why does the girl have a windup key in her back?

...why does the girl have a windup key in her back?

[video=youtube;p-Z9PKIOEwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Z9PKIOEwI[ideo]
    because she's a robot totally normal girl and the screw is just an accessory!

also you should watch nichijou
    Last edited by bals; 2015-10-05 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    because she's a robot totally normal girl and the screw is just an accessory!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N25HHn2IsqI

also you should watch nichijou
    Normal!

Also, agreed, yes, watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Nichijou is good. Top comedy.

So I had a biography project of a famous business person/manager (living) (I chose Elon Musk because why the fuck not) that was due tonight at midnight. It was assigned two weeks ago, but I thought it would be pretty simple so I waited until the last day to do it, because I can. I finally read what to do after waking up and saw that I had to write a 10 page research paper on the person. It was 1PM and it was due at midnight. Yay.

Luckily I'm fast at writing papers and I knew how to formulate a research paper, so I pounded it out in about 4-5 hours and spent 3 hours reviewing it. Just finished.

Never. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Yes Nichijou is good. Top comedy.

So I had a biography project of a famous business person/manager (living) (I chose Elon Musk because why the fuck not) that was due tonight at midnight. It was assigned two weeks ago, but I thought it would be pretty simple so I waited until the last day to do it, because I can. I finally read what to do after waking up and saw that I had to write a 10 page research paper on the person. It was 1PM and it was due at midnight. Yay.

Luckily I'm fast at writing papers and I knew how to formulate a research paper, so I pounded it out in about 4-5 hours and spent 3 hours reviewing it. Just finished.

Never. Again.
    Pro tip: Don't leave things until the last minute, especially if you haven't read them beforehand.
    themoreyouknow.jpg

That aside, what's a good thriller/supernatural anime that's not on my MAL? Trying to get new friend into anime, but she's quite... Picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    That aside, what's a good thriller/supernatural anime that's not on my MAL? Trying to get new friend into anime, but she's quite... Picky.
    Um, Shiki?

Pro tip: Don't leave things until the last minute, especially if you haven't read them beforehand.
    themoreyouknow.jpg

Ghost Hound?
    Texhnolyze?
    Monster?

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ghost Hound?
    Texhnolyze?
    Monster?
    Not sure if I'd put Texhnolyze in there for thriller/supernatural. It's more psychological/surreal/philosophical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another is by no means amazing, but she'd probably like it for someone new to anime.

Death Parade if you don't mind it being not super thriller but more psychological.

Gankutsuou if she's fine with surreal and likes older works of fiction.

Higurashi if she's fine with brutal stuff.

K if she wants pretty animation and battle scenes. Not overly supernatural. Girls like this show though.

Mawaru Penguindrum if she likes psychological.

Mirai Nikki if she likes Hunger Games.

Zankyou no Terror isn't supernatural, but amazing thriller.

Zetsuen no Tempest if she likes Shakespeare.

Durarara because it's 10/10.

Also Steins;Gate, even though you've seen it.

Um, Shiki?
    I'm fairly certain I've seen Shiki (sorry, I'm a shit and never update my list :x), but she doesn't know that. I'll pretend I haven't

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ghost Hound?
    Texhnolyze?
    Monster?
    Not sure if I'd put Texhnolyze in there for thriller/supernatural. It's more psychological/surreal/philosophical.
    She might enjoy it, she's majoring in psychology and I've noticed a lot of her pleasure reading involves it in some form. I think Monster might be a good first pick as well.

Thanks guys, you sure are the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Another is by no means amazing, but she'd probably like it for someone new to anime.

Death Parade if you don't mind it being not super thriller but more psychological.

Gankutsuou if she's fine with surreal and likes older works of fiction.

Higurashi if she's fine with brutal stuff.

K if she wants pretty animation and battle scenes. Not overly supernatural. Girls like this show though.

Mawaru Penguindrum if she likes psychological.

Mirai Nikki if she likes Hunger Games.

Zankyou no Terror isn't supernatural, but amazing thriller.

Zetsuen no Tempest if she likes Shakespeare.

Durarara because it's 10/10.

Also Steins;Gate, even though you've seen it.
    Pls, I said things I haven't seen.

Death Parade didn't even come to mind, I'll have to add that one.

I'll have to tweak the list so it slowly devolves into the more... Violent stuff so I can gauge her reactions to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pls, I said things I haven't seen.

Death Parade didn't even come to mind, I'll have to add that one.

I'll have to tweak the list so it slowly devolves into the more... Violent stuff so I can gauge her reactions to it.
    Almost none of those are on your list.

Also gonna say Darker than Black, but I think that was on your list.

She might enjoy it, she's majoring in psychology and I've noticed a lot of her pleasure reading involves it in some form. I think Monster might be a good first pick as well.
    This calls for linking one of my favorite AMVs that really captures how Texhonlyze feels. I just wish it were in higher quality.

Almost none of those are on your list.

Also gonna say Darker than Black, but I think that was on your list.
    Pls, you know I never update it :P

We talked about Death Parade the other day.

This calls for linking one of my favorite AMVs that really captures how Texhonlyze feels. I just wish it were in higher quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dEQ6Senktw
    That was quite good. I like how the animator matched the scene changes to the bass in the intro and later on in the video.

Yeah, even if she doesn't want to watch this, I will, lol.

hackadoll
    ...was ... was that actual english?

this is a cute asuka
    Last edited by bals; 2015-10-05 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    hackadoll
    ...was ... was that actual english?

[URL="https://i.imgur.com/f1mComV.jpg"]this is a cute asuka[URL]
    Yes and cute AF