ARENA 12: Sakata Gintoki [Gilgamesh]
    ARENA 13: [Edward Elric] Akasaka Ryūnosuke
    ARENA 14: Sakai Yūji [Yato]
    ARENA 15: [Arima Kōsei] Totsuka Saika
    ARENA 16: Adlet Mayer [Saitama]
    ARENA 17: Hirasawa Yui [Minami Kotori]
    ARENA 18: [Kōsaka Reina] Sawamura Spencer Eriri

Deleted
    So, is there anything worthwhile incoming this season? I wasn't paying much attention to any charts and announcements, so I'm about 100% in the dark here - and new series are already starting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, is there anything worthwhile incoming this season? I wasn't paying much attention to any charts and announcements, so I'm about 100% in the dark here - and new series are already starting.
    Hey, back from the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

the upcoming season is pretty meh

Hibike S2, Sangatsu no Lion and Natsume Yuujinchou S5 is the only must watch for me at least.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-10-01 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Hey, back from the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

the upcoming season is pretty meh

Hibike S2, Sangatsu no Lion and Natsume Yuujinchou S5 is the only must watch for me at least.
    Huh, at the very least Natsume's worthwhile.

And hey. Probably won't be posting much, though. I figured I either could get angry about head-up-ass moderators on RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH power trips... or I could NOT get angry about head-up-ass moderators on RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH power trips. Plus I finally got an actual job, and with confidentiality procedures I can't access internet except on breaks, so I couldn't stalk the pages like I used to even if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I have not. The art looks like Twelve Kingdoms.
    Check it out. Three seasons and it seems right up your alley. Although it has been awhile since I've seen it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Man, I was sure that you'd never come back.
    Willkommen zurück.
    I always did love to disappoint people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy they realized who best girl was. Japan might still have some good taste hidden within them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I missed you Caine.

Never leave again.

Unless you get a martyr ban, then it's okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thunderbolt Fantasy 13 - Enigmatic Gale's fight with the villain was hype as fuck. And the MC revealing his Gate of Legendary Swords was also really hype.

I'm happy Lancerbro got a happy ending. The ending with him and the princess was super cute.

This was probably the biggest surprise out of any anime season I've ever experienced. The only reason I downloaded it in the first place was to make a joke about it, but it ended up being my AOTS. S2 is going to be great. I'd be happy to watch endless seasons of this shit, with MC going around and collecting swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Thunderbolt Fantasy 13 - Enigmatic Gale's fight with the villain was hype as fuck. And the MC revealing his Gate of Legendary Swords was also really hype.

I'm happy Lancerbro got a happy ending. The ending with him and the princess was super cute.

This was probably the biggest surprise out of any anime season I've ever experienced. The only reason I downloaded it in the first place was to make a joke about it, but it ended up being my AOTS. S2 is going to be great. I'd be happy to watch endless seasons of this shit, with MC going around and collecting swords.
    Now go and read Wuxia and Xianxia novels. Pretty much the same shit. Just more fleshed out and longer. Also more options and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Caine is still alive

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 01: Takanashi Rikka [Konno Yūki]
    ARENA 02: [Kasumigaoka Utaha] Shiro
    ARENA 03: [Yukinoshita Yukino] Kongō
    ARENA 04: [Sengoku Nadeko] Sakura Chiyo
    ARENA 05: [Illyasviel von Einzbern] Shimakaze
    ARENA 06: Kasugano Sora [Tachibana Marika]
    ARENA 07: Tōsaka Rin [Yuzuriha Inori]
    ARENA 08: Nakamura Yuri [Katō Megumi]
    ARENA 09: [Korosensei] Heiwajima Shizuo
    ARENA 10: Yūki Rito [Abstained] Satomi Rentarō
    ARENA 11: Sakamaki Izayoi [Abstained] Kurogane Ikki
    ARENA 12: [Sakata Gintoki] Gilgamesh
    ARENA 13: [Edward Elric] Akasaka Ryūnosuke
    ARENA 14: [Sakai Yūji] Yato
    ARENA 15: [Arima Kōsei] Totsuka Saika
    ARENA 16: [Adlet Mayer] Saitama
    ARENA 17: Hirasawa Yui [Minami Kotori]
    ARENA 18: [Kōsaka Reina] Sawamura Spencer Eriri
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    91 Days 12 - I'm glad to see that the art quality of this show caught itself again for the two most important scenes of this episode. Both the bonfire and the beach scene were great in their very own ways. The former once again utilized and timed the soundtrack really well and I liked how cathartic it was. The beach scene just brought the entire thing full circle. Nero and Angelo ended up in the same situation they found themselves in 7 years ago with the only difference being that Nero had the resolve to pull the trigger this time.

I expected Angelo to die but I don't know how I feel about Nero's fate being up in the air at the end of the show.

This episode was a bit of a shaky ending since it often felt a bit directionless and hesitant to make the final step, but overall it brought the show to an end that leaves me a bit uncertain as to how I really feel about it.

91 Days had a lot of very frequent highs for a while and I still think it's a bit of a shame that neither the writing nor the visual quality could really hold up until the very end but for the most part this show managed to surprise and overwhelm me time after time and it was very enjoyable to watch for the majority of its run.

9/10
    I just finished it myself. I'm a bit torn on my rating for now, as quite simply I think I'm negatively impacted by how I watched the series. Rather than week by week, or all in a binge, I did it halfway between each: I would watch 3 episodes, then forget about the series for a month, then come back to catch up. The problem with this was that I tended to forget exactly what was happening in the meantime, and would have to make a partially fresh start. It muddled some details in a series where knowing people was rather key.

But as for the ending, I anticipated his killing of Don Galassia. It seemed like the natural twist in that situation, and makes sense given its consequences.

That said, the last half of the l last episode was very interesting. I didn't in any way anticipate that Angelo and Nero would go on a little ride together, and I wasn't sure if Nero would actually kill Angelo until the very end. What I liked about it was that it brought the first part of the series, where they were temporarily exiled from Lawless, back and made it a lot more meaningful. At the time I was slightly bored by it, but with this final piece in place I can see how that the "pointlessness" was the very key to its presentation and that now as the show closes it is put to very good use in contrast.

I also liked the relationship that developed. As I already mentioned I didn't expect it to go this way at all. It ended up have a lot of nuance and subtlety to it. It had the same appearances as their earlier camaraderie, but now with the cover blown off Angelo's emptiness and Nero's anger were all that's left. And yet, in this they still find a sort of strange connection to each other: they have lost everything and now drive along aimlessly at the end of it all. And finally, in a reversal of roles Nero kills Angelo in revenge. That I have already spent several sentences on it and still feel that I haven't fully appreciated it speaks for how well it was executed.

edit: I do want to add that the part where Avilio gets Nero to kill his younger brother was one of the major highlights. It was executed so naturally that I could entirely believe the situation and how it was engineered by Avilio while managing to shift the attention away from him.

Ultimately, it's a series that I wish I could watch a second time but fear I never will. It's not an issue of time so much as will - the rewatching wouldn't be for enjoyment but to better appraise it, and I'm not sure I could bring myself to this on principle alone.

- - - Updated - - -

And Caine's back. Hi Caine and your secret government translation job!
    Last edited by Neichus; 2016-10-01 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    new game 25 - wow that ending was so great even knowing something would happen (I'm talking about the camera TV thing that is)
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think 91 Days could have benefited from being longer. I don't know how the manga differs, but in the end I don't think I had enough emotional attachment to the characters. While it was great to see Angelo conduct his revenge, the relationship between him and Nero felt lacking to me. Especially in the later episodes -- for a good reason of course, since that was when everything started to go down, but I just don't think there was enough buildup to it.

It it had simply been two cour I think I would have liked the ending a lot more. As it stands, I just felt underwhelmed.

What the actual hell

Why would they put two characters that showed up like, once in A tier? Bad bait is bad

Chihayafuru live action movie was actually decent. Heard the second half was really really good.

macross delta 26 so happy freya won! but the ending is pretty wtf and seems like they'll be adding some movies