Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I blew 250k for mine

No regrets seeing how in a month i can get that gold back doing garry gold missions

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Hatespark is the most expensive pet on the AH these days, as there are limited quantities. Same applies to Spectral Tiger.

You could have the ugliest mount ever made in the game, but have only one unique per server, allow it to be sellable on the AH, and it would still garner in 500,000 gold or higher. Just like the Ahn'Qiraj scepter mount, except that, of course, is not sellable.
    There is one of the TCG drake models, which I cannot recall the name of at present.
    It is in effect a standard WOTLK drake with blotches, but due to the rarity commands a high price.
    I think it is ugly as hell personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    The rarity mostly. But I bought mine duped for 50k and 80k.
    Lmao I bought the tcg rocket for 50k back then xD

Wish someone would start duping these again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbysound View Post

Don't mean to offend you (mount collectors & enthusiasts) but why are you willing to pay such a high amount of kinah for that particular mount?
    Might as well ask why people pay thousands of dollars for a baseball card, or a signed picture, or anything else of that nature. Me, I don't collect anything, never seen the point of autographs, or paying for a game ball, but to each their own. Has no effect on me, I don't care. If a mount is worth that much to them, for bragging rights or because it makes the game more fun for them - go for it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is one of the TCG drake models, which I cannot recall the name of at present.
    It is in effect a standard WOTLK drake with blotches, but due to the rarity commands a high price.
    I think it is ugly as hell personally.
    Mottled drake?

300k is really not that much. If I saw one up for 300k on my AH I would buy it in a heartbeat even though I don't really like it.

Heh I actually played the card game way back in 2005 when it started(part of the reason was for the loot cards) me and my girlfriend at the time (now wife) agreed to only buy up to 5 boxes trying to get the mount. I pulled every other loot card in that set in every box and I shit you not the last pack of the last box had it. I walked away not wanting to see what was in the last pack too since I was kinda defeated at this point but low and behold there it was......months or so later when the Chicken came out El Polo Grande I said what the hell and bought a few packs and pulled it in my first pack....never saw another loot card again after that one though =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Cost me 200k in WotLK. No regrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

As someone who's put out over 1.2 million on mounts this expansion, I can say it's definitely a supply and demand thing. Even duped, they still don't show up constantly in large amounts on every server. What surprises me is the White Riding Camel and Swift Shorestrider are arguably as rare or even more rare than the tiger, but they often go for very cheap and don't seem to have been duped much, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfkicker View Post
    If Blizzard put mount versions of the Pandaria Celestials, that Xuen mount would force the people selling the spectral tigers to put them at a much lower price. Especially if the Xuen mount could have been solo farmed later on down the line.
    No, it wouldn't, because the spectral mount would still be as rare. It's about being rare and unique, not good looking.

I'm surprised no one used the obvious comparison to sports cars. Think about it like a sports car. Almost anyone would say that they would love a hundred thousand+ sports car, and rarely do you ever see someone go "why do people pay 500,000 for a sports car, when you can get a 10,000 car that does the same thing.

Sometimes it's a class thing. When you see someone in a 500,000 sports car you assume they're wealthy, and you justify the purchase for them, because you assumed they can afford it easily.

But when you see another player with a spectral tiger, you somehow see it through the eyes of a poor person, or someone of equal class to you. When you're poor, spending a lot on a spectral tiger is a big deal, and even confusing at times. But you need to remember that most people who spend 500 dollars (real money) on a spectral tiger are also the kind of people who are not poor in real life. For a lot of people who spend 500 dollars on a spectral tiger it is because they have the money to spare or waste. A spectral tiger is like a sports car, but for World of Warcraft.

I have pants that cost more than that mount, but you can buy a full outfit from Wal-Mart for 10 bucks. So I don't see why people are confused when it comes to a spectral tiger, but can perfectly understand the exact same dynamic when it comes to clothing, luxury, sports cars, or going out to eat.

I got mine for around 550k at Cata I believe, and no regrets. Great mount

As to why I paid that much? Simply cause I have nothing else to spend gold on.

Cus it's rare and very soon unobtainable aswell as the cards stopped being printed out, in a few years from now it's gonna be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Why not ? It's not like gold holds a lot of value in this game.
    Except gold does now thanks to the tokens. 250K gold now is about $250 or roughly a year of game time bought with tokens or 16 months if you bought the time yourself.

I saw one of these mounts go for 350K not too long ago, that's over $300 worth of token game time all for a mount that most people won't even ride exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Crenz View Post
    I got mine for around 550k at Cata I believe, and no regrets. Great mount

As to why I paid that much? Simply cause I have nothing else to spend gold on.
    Yeah, back then gold was fairly pointless. Now that 550K could get you almost two years of game time.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2015-06-04 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the rooster for 90k like 2 weeks ago dunno if the guy made a mistake listing it that low same with death charger it was listed at 25k i snapped that up straight away, i payed 350k for swift spectral.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I saw this mount waaaay back when I started playing WoW, and loved it, as I fell in love with all saber mounts. I wanted it since then, and when it eventually turned up on my server around the end of WOTLK, I spent all my gold on it, 300k-350k gold. While you may not think it is worth it, some people do, myself being one of them! only 3 mounts in game that I ever really wanted, spectral Tiger, Ashes of Al'ar, and Big Blizzard Bear, and I own all 3. Took some time, and they may not be everyones cuppa tea, but I play the game for me, not what everyone else wants/does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I paid $500 for the card back when they came out, and two weeks later, my account got banned in bot banwave lol. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

got it for 500k early cata, was really rare, then late cata, every tcg mount got duped about 10k times, no tcg mounts are rare anymore =/ same with tcg pets in mop, soul traders and spectral tiger cubs like 200k each, suddenly everyone on the server has 1 and they're only 10k lol.

still people deny duping exists, well i guess there are holocaust deniers lol(yes i am saying dupe deniers are as bad!)
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2015-06-04 at 02:22 AM.

Gold is for pets and mounts. What else would you buy with it?