Poll: Is it Racist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nothing's racist until Themius tells us it is. Let's wait to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Nothing's racist until Themius tells us it is. Let's wait to find out.
    Why would he click a thread that so clearly says White on it. Going to be a long wait.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why would he click a thread that so clearly says White on it. Going to be a long wait.
    I lol'd, however the word racist is in it, he'll be here, also his name was mentioned, he shows up not long after.

Oh right, yes it is racist, but it also unfunny satire. Look up Russel Peters if you want funny racism, not this crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

lol You guys trashing Themius when hes actually right most of the time. It seems people are angry that many white people get accused of racism, so it blinds them and they downplay any and everything that can be considered racist towards minorities. Then say sarcastic things like only white people can be racist, or black people can't be racist. This whole white vs black thing is so played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Louis CK put it best:
    I'm a white man. You can't even hurt my feelings! What can you really call a white man that really digs deep?

"Hey, cracker."

"Uh. Ruined my day. Boy shouldn't have called me a cracker. Bringing me back to owning land and people, what a drag."
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Louis CK put it best:
    Thats part of the reason why racism isn't as bad against white people. Some would find that offensive but some posters in this thread aren't even offended by this video. Doesn't mean the racism isn't bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

So if we called black people thugs, it should just take them back to the glory days of free-for-all looting and kill streaks so high you'd think someone would've ordered in an AC-130 by now.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Thats part of the reason why racism isn't as bad against white people. Some would find that offensive but some posters in this thread aren't even offended by this video. Doesn't mean the racism isn't bad at all.
    Racism isn't bad, it's natural, and it's an opinion, Discrimination is bad.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Enough with the racism bullshit.. why do people even care? How can people have such low selfesteem that they care about what other people are calling them..? Ive never understood that..

The racism card is been tossed arround way too much these days its sickening.. Nigger means "black" in latin, and white mean white.. where the fuck is the difference..?

The video isnt funny nor racist.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the intention of the song was to be racist, so I guess it was, but I just thought it was kind of a waste of time. At least if someone is going to take the time to make a song like this, next time they could try to make it funny.

Is it racist? Nah. First off, I see no evidence that a piece of media can believe that one race is superior to another, unless we've finished work on Skynet. Second, I think the word you're looking for is offensive, though I suppose most people these days have watered down the word racist to mean "this thing offends me in the way it deals with race". Does this song offend me? Nope, not a bit.

I don't really find it funny though. The slams toward white people had no bite to them. Jokes really are all about the punch line, (which is why slapstick humor is so fucking good) if you're not going for absurdity type humor. And if they were going for absurdity type humor, well, that was way too tame for me. Also, since the song talked about rednecks, they missed some great opportunities for fat jokes. Maybe something about a group of fatass KKK members riding rascals chasing after a nigger with their shotguns.

I give the song a 2/5. It was clever, but it failed to get so much as a chuckle out of me.

I think it's extremely offensive.

In the sense that it's an unbelievable insult to one's intelligence to even assume that someone might find it funny. This is humor for mentally challenged 4 year olds.

Its a funny song how can anyone be offended by it..

<White
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No.

Why does this thread exist?
    because by definition of the word, it is.
    not that i give a shit.
    i was more offended as Kalis said, by the poor nature of the 'comedy'.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    because by definition of the word, it is.
    not that i give a shit.
    i was more offended as Kalis said, by the poor nature of the 'comedy'.
    Do you think the song is sentient and has an opinion or do you just not know what racist means? I would love for someone to explain to me how media can be racist. Anyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    Enough with the racism bullshit.. why do people even care? How can people have such low selfesteem that they care about what other people are calling them..? Ive never understood that..

The racism card is been tossed arround way too much these days its sickening.. Nigger means "black" in latin, and white mean white.. where the fuck is the difference..?

The video isnt funny nor racist.
    Pretty sure its negro and blanca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Do you think the song is sentient and has an opinion or do you just not know what racist means? I would love for someone to explain to me how media can be racist. Anyone?
    If a form of media depicts racism, then it is perfectly acceptable in the English language to say that it is racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The lyrics are racist, by virtue of the words and order they were used in the lyrics.
    the totality of its message is racist.