Pre-Combat Proccing Trinkets in Opener Issue/Question

Hello all,

Recently I server and faction transferred to my friend's guild, and can no longer 100% of the time pre proc my trinkets so I have 20 seconds of trinkets in the opener. I used to be a worgen(male) warlock on Sargeras-US, and transferred to Zul'Jin-US becoming a blood elf(female).

I play both demo and destro, and was able to pre proc my trinkets with a pet macro or pre cast when I was a worgen(with 100% reliability), but now that I am a blood elf I cannot reliably pre proc my trinkets(or even at all) with a pet macro or a pre cast, and I believe I am doing nothing different in the opener.

I was wondering if there is something obviously dumb I may be forgetting, or maybe this is an issue that anyone else has run into. We are progressing on mythic Hans and Franz, and it would be a huge help to have that extra burst in the opener to phase the bosses quicker. I would love any advice that can help me reliably double proc my trinkets.

Thank you for reading,
    Spacemunkey

10+ Year Old Account
    Your prepot + precast Soulfire>Corruption/Incinerate>Immolate should proc both trinkets just fine and you can burst away as soon as both mobs stand close together with 99% uptime in your opener.

If you haven't changed then I would suggest that the tank(s) may pull slightly earlier than you are used to and hence before your cast has finished. Look at timings more closely to see when they engage the boss in relation to the boss timer and whether your cast has completed. If this is the case you may have to start your pre-cast earlier however of course if the tanks are irregular in when they actually start then you may have ninja pulling issues.

Deleted
    I too have many problems with inconsistent trinket resets. It seems to be an issue with BRF mythic bosses only (highmaul and heroic BRF seem to work fine). I have scumbagged my raid once or twice to test is it is screwing up or the game.

Prepot/casting soulfire at 4seconds is about standard right (depending on range from boss and tank trigger happiness)?

I have tested casting at 4.5 and above to definately be the one to ninjapull and it just seems to be hit or miss wether I get a resetor not. It also seems to happen more with certain bosses; namely oregoreger and my current progress thogar.

I think the peoblems looks more like an issue proccing the trinkets initially on the precast rather than a lack of reset, but that may just be perspective and the way I remember seeing it. If this is the case is it possible that I forgot/dont know of some weird icd or proc rng not reseting after a wipe or death?

I just wanted to clarify that I am specifically asking about forcing both of trinkets to proc twice in a row, my trinkets obviously proc when starting a raid encounter, but I used to be able to proc them twice in a row(by precasting incinerate/soul fire), something I am no longer able to do now that I race changed (still not sure if that is the reason to the trinkets not being able to proc).
    I believe I am precasting correctly, because when I play destruction my precasted incinerate is already traveling towards the boss but my trinkets have not procced, and they proc only when the boss is engaged.

to be honest with you, I don't think the problem lies in your race change, tanks / other DPS in your new guild might just be more trigger happy then you were used to on the pull... On live I'm Human and on PTR I fool around with all the races since i can why not lol, and I never had a problem with pre-casting with my guild on LFR / Heroic / Mythic testing.

Try asking your new tanks how they pull the boss when the timer hits 0, do they spam Taunt right off or do they run in @ 0 and start hitting the boss, small stuff like that can mess up your pre-pull for the double trinket proc.