Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    If on the other hand, all the bad guys were coloured gentlemen and all the protagonists were white, then yes that would be a problem for me because that isn't really a fair representation of coloured people and I would find that offensive.
    Also depends. There is this one game (I'm not sure which, and I don't know many details) that got flak because all/most ppl you shoot were black.
    Which was because it was set in africa, and the people were zombies.

That's not even "grasping at straws" anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    So? I like it in mass effect 3. I like it in Skyrim. I like it in just about any game that offers me the ability to play as a female character instead of as a male. I see no reason why many games wouldn't be able to have the ability to choose a female char. Take Dead space, as an example. Why shouldn't you be able to play a female char in that? Makes no sense, not to me at least.
    I didn't say it was bad, but the extra work required usually leaves a generic story. Open world games and Story driven games like Elder scrolls or Mass Effect specifically go into it with the expectation of having it from both genders.

But a game where the story is already established and then having to shoehorn a opposite story/animations/models/voices if VO/coding for player interactions towards different genders. Usually means having a set protagonist will make it easier as a whole.

So again, not bad, just convenient if you have a set story in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Also depends. There is this one game (I'm not sure which, and I don't know many details) that got flak because all/most ppl you shoot were black.

In this case, you're shooting the people because they're zombies, not because they are black. Not an issue in my eyes. But if you were shooting the black guys because they were black and "black people are evil" then yes, that is an issue.

I have no issue shooting white zombies either for the record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    In this case, you're shooting the people because they're zombies, not because they are black. Not an issue in my eyes. But if you were shooting the black guys because they were black and "black people are evil" then yes, that is an issue.

I have no issue shooting white zombies either for the record.
    Exactly this. But appearently some people were offended by it.

The number 1 priority of video games is to provide fun and interactive gaming. If adding diversity enhances that then do it. If adding diversity hurts the game , do not. If it doesn't matter , do what sells more games.

In my experience , the games that tend to cave to political correctness often wind up worse off. Not saying that some gems that are great and also PC do not exist. I am just saying ( to clarify ) that games that start of popular or anticipated often wind up worse if the debs cave to SJW outrage.

So that's how I feel. It's a game. It is not real life. Real life issues don't need to be addressed and expressed inside a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

if people don't like it, they should get into the industry and make their own shit.

as it is now, everything is fine. would i like to play as a female more often? absolutely, playing as males bugs the shit out of me cause i can't connect to the character. but i'm not asking to change set stories because of it, because that's fucking stupid.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post

Resident Evil 5 i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if people don't like it, they should get into the industry and make their own shit.

as it is now, everything is fine. would i like to play as a female more often? absolutely, playing as males bugs the shit out of me cause i can't connect to the character. but i'm not asking to change set stories because of it, because that's fucking stupid.
    See this is the logic that needs to be heeded. Would people like games with diversity? Sure. Does it hurt anyone to play as a white guy since the story was written that way? No. So does it need to be forced changed, absolutely fucking not.

10+ Year Old Account
    more sjw garbage

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    He says that other major titles like World of Warcraft don't do enough in presenting black people as major characters.
    That's kinda funny, cuz Orcs are the black race, and the last 5 years have been everyone vs the blacks. Hell, even blacks on blacks. Blacks are well represented in WoW. Green Jesus is suppose to be who... a combination of Marty King and Captain Mal Little.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

No. No I like things right the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    So? I like it in mass effect 3. I like it in Skyrim. I like it in just about any game that offers me the ability to play as a female character instead of as a male. I see no reason why many games wouldn't be able to have the ability to choose a female char. Take Dead space, as an example. Why shouldn't you be able to play a female char in that? Makes no sense, not to me at least.
    Shmeh. I like choice, but see no need for it in every game. I don't need to play as Larry Croft to enjoy tomb raider. If the character you play as is your own creation, like in Skyrim, then sure. But pre-written characters don't need that ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    This is the solution to the supposed problem. More people creating, more games to enjoy. Everybody happy.

At the end of the day, no. We're talking about fictional characters here and things that other people created. If I want a game with all white characters in it then that's my choice and no one should be able to stop me from doing that however if they're offended by it then simply don't buy the game.

Ah Polygon strikes again. Why are they even still around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

People need to shut the fuck up and let people make what they want. If one wants a game that represents something else, they can go learn to make one. Why are people just okay with people seemingly allowed to force other people to do what they want them to do? Diversity for the sake of diversity is a bad thing. Stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a Video Games oriented discussion, and likely already falls into preexisting conversations there so I will be closing this and suggesting you look there for a more appropriate thread.

Closed.