Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When have you cried out of joy?

Personally, I've never had to cry out of joy. I'm not saying I've never been happy in my life. There were lots of moments where I was so happy I could burst out of my body out of joy. But never have I cried because of it.

I had tear coming from laughter, but that's more of a physical reflex, rather than tears coming from emotions.

In all honesty, the idea to cry out of joy kinda breaks my brain. To me, tears are signs of sadness, or a reflex to clear your eyes ....

Yes, it's not manly.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    When we released our software to the client in 2013 after 6 years of development. That 6 years was quite a few years of being certain it was vaporware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm sure plenty of times, last time was when I got new glasses that my parents were kind enough to pay for. My old ones were both ugly and not suitable for my eyesight anymore. I put on the new ones and started crying.

Butler's interception and the subsequent facial expression of Sherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yes, it's not manly.
    Didn't even have to hold back. No tears present when I am happy.

Scientists say it helps us to cope with our emotions. Who can be "too happy", so that he needs tears to cope with it?

Deleted
    Memorable times this comes to mind;

1) When I was 11 and my parents had bought me one of my mums friends had bred (I had been to see them at a few days old and wanted one so much), they told me they couldn't afford a dog but they would let me get some fish instead. So one day coming home dad said he had bought the tank, so I went in to check and instead there was a puppy in a crate. Auto-cry from happiness xD

2) Next most memorable was 2 years ago when my mums last cancer scan came back clear after a year of chemo. The relief of that just felt overwhelming that she didn't have to have chemo for another year so I cried for joy for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Hm sure plenty of times, last time was when I got new glasses that my parents were kind enough to pay for. My old ones were both ugly and not suitable for my eyesight anymore. I put on the new ones and started crying.
    After buying glasses?

Really, is something wrong with me, or with the rest of the world to cry over things such as a new pair of glasses?

Deleted
    It happened sometimes, when I was full with Adrenaline from the exercise and pushing past the limits.

Odd, but it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    After buying glasses?

Really, is something wrong with me, or with the rest of the world to cry over things such as a new pair of glasses?
    You obviously never had problems with eyesight if you don't understand what a difference being able to see properly does O.o Its sort of a bit deal...
    An example, the middle person is how you see the world with glasses, the side people you see without glasses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never......
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Never......
    Hardened by the vihta, I see.

There have been a very few occasions where I've had cause to literally cry out with joy over my 40 years, the most recent of which was finding a community I thought was long gone and had the rare opportunity to be a part of it again.

You obviously never had problems with eyesight if you don't understand what a difference being able to see properly does O.o Its sort of a bit deal...
    An example, the middle person is how you see the world with glasses, the side people you see without glasses.
    -3 on both eyes. I'm wearing glasses right now. I was surprised about how bad my eyes really were, I thought everyone would see the way I did. Was I even close to crying? Hardly.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2015-06-04 at 02:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Hardened by the vihta, I see.
    Maybe.

It's not something that I do really. I don't get that emotional by joy or I haven't had happy enough things in my life. The situation that might get me crying out for joy should be something extraordinary. Like a family member getting cured from cancer or surviving some harsh accident. Or if I win in lottery. None of these have happened.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have done so myself a few times. Very first time was when I was 15, 7 years ago. It was from an ex partner who told me every little thing they loved about me.

Ah, the teenage years. There had been other times since; however, I only recall the first time just enough to explain the outline of it...
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    -3 on both eyes. I'm wearing glasses right now. I was surprised about how bad my eyes really were, I thought everyone could see the way I did. Was I even close to crying? Hardly.
    Weird then, can't possibly imagine what could make a person happier if not finally solving a massive health issue and being able to be a proper member of society. If a person unable to walk would finally randomly be able to get out of the wheelchair, they would feel the same I imagine. The only bigger thing could be probably not dying? Like, hearing that a terminal illness diagnosis was wrong or something

Weird then, can't possibly imagine what could make a person happier if not finally solving a massive health issue and being able to be a proper member of society. If a person unable to walk would finally randomly be able to get out of the wheelchair, they would feel the same I imagine. The only bigger thing could be probably not dying? Like, hearing that a terminal illness diagnosis was wrong or something
    I was happy. But I didn't cry. It didn't even cross my mind to let tears flow. I cry when I am sad.... I wasn't sad when I got my glasses. I was surprised and happy.

That's what I'm saying. I've read articles about it saying that it's a reflex which helps us to cope with extreme emotions. I must be emotionally dull or something...

I've never cried out of joy because something happened to me, I've cried in joy at the joy of others.
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-06-04 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    I think last time must've been about a year ago when I got an acceptance letter to the university I had applied to.