View Poll Results: Does Pokemon promote slavery and animal cruelty?

Voters
76. This poll is closed
  • Yes

9 11.84%
  • No

66 86.84%
  • I dunno but by this brief description it sure seems like a pretty sadistic f'd up concept.

1 1.32%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    How has this thread reached 6 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    How has this thread reached 6 pages?
    because of people who dont play pokemon asking about pokemon :P

- - - Updated - - -

there is plenty of ethically questionable things in pokemon.

battling is not one of them. i suggest mall go play pokemon and come back with a better question
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah you do, you kill Ozruk.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28824/wayward-child

- - - Updated - - -

But also, that isn't a response to my criticism, Mall.
    KIDS plural, but the point is taken, however your criticism is irrelevant, because it's not remotely the point, which is EVEN in WoW there are limits and for censored reasons why you can or can't kill kids in the game.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because of people who dont play pokemon asking about pokemon :P
    Im just sitting here petting my cats, while transporting them to the vet later today in 2 small cages, and let them play fight with eachother.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon promotes animal cruelty the same way Warcraft promotes hate against different humanoids.

If it does, you'r perceiving it wrong.

The good guys in pokemon NEVER abuse their pokemon.
    The bad guys do.

Damn, even that wicked Malamar abused pokemon AND people. But he's a bad guy, so that's... expected.

If you think that Pokemon is making you think about slaving animals, you'r not.. playing it right.
    Do you play a pokemon game and think you are enslaving the poor things?

Damn, I wish my english was better so I could really explain it to you. This thread will go nowhere with your adamant nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, you sjw's are fucking morons beyond measure.
    This isn't really a sjw kind of thread but it feels like PETA levels of silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you kill kids in Pokemon? If not, that is an irrelevant comparison to begin with. Do you just like making logical fallacies or something?
    The tie between WoW in Pokemon was made by YOU, not me.

But never the less, the point is still there that art does influence life, even regardless to age, and Pokemon, from everything I have stated seems to promote a the very least questionable practices and attitudes, and the worst Slavery and Cruelty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    And it was about animals, not about kids - a tie that was made by you for some stupid reason.
    No the point about kids not being a part of the WARCRAFT as you can't actually kill any, not that I want to, not that you should, the point is there are limits, there is censorship, there is the awareness that influence connection can and is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i realize, but you played those games, so you are saying you promote animal cruelty and slavery, right?

Do you not see how that is hypocritical?

By the way i was referring to ANIMALS, i don't know why you said kids to begin with.
    No, I see you trying to move the goal post, and really just run out of any counter arguments, so now it's about asking me about WoW or my playing habits. All of which are irrelevant.

Since we're on this topic, everyone should remember this gem:

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Pokemon promotes animal abuse and slavery about as much as Saints Row promotes gangs to seek the presidency of the United States and fight off an alien horde in a virtual reality game to bring back the Earth from it's destruction.

Anyone with basic critical thinking skills and even a modicum of logic can separate fiction from reality. If your child honestly believes what they see in television shows, movies and any fiction of the like, you're failing as a parent. Creativity and imagination are a wonderful thing, but it's important to be able to discern them.

If your kid honestly thinks that if he throws a ball at his dog, he'll 'capture' it, then you're failing as a parent.

If your kid really thinks if he walks into the pillar at the train station, he'll be able to attend a school of magic and wizardry, you're failing as a parent.

If your kid really thinks that a highly-advanced machine race of synthetic-organic starships that reside in dark space are coming to harvest all intelligent life in the galaxy as they have been every 50,000 years as part of a cyclical purge, you're failing as a parent.

If your kid honestly thinks that there are a race of ice humanoids marching from the north, killing all in sight and then raising them from the dead in order to take over our kingdom after being dormant for over 8,000 years, you're failing as a parent.

All of these stories are fiction, and have very little influence on people unless you're mentally unhinged. What influence they serve are small, and it shows your own instability when you try to draw out issues that are non-existent. In OP's world, there can be no form of entertainment, no hobby, because if you try hard enough, you can find a problem in anything. In OP's world, someone, somewhere, will take offense. Such is the paradox of the SJW. How far can you reach to find perfection, when a problem can be found in anything?
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2015-06-04 at 05:30 PM.

I like how all of the people against Pokemon, don't actually know anything about Pokemon, which you clearly don't considering you are saying they die, and Mall doesn't because... well... when does he ever?
    There's a graveyard for pokemon, it's not because they live forever.

Not to mention some pokemon exist because they're the soul of a person who died trapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad you have a script all ready for yourself, but honestly on a side note, I seriously did NOT make this post to get into a debate with you, in fact I didn't even remember someone named Boomzy had a Pokemon character in their avatar.

Pokemon isn't the worst offender, just thought it make a good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Nope. Pokemon promotes animal abuse and slavery about as much as Saints Row promotes gangs to seek the presidency of the United States and fight off an alien horde in a virtual reality game to bring back the Earth from it's destruction.

Anyone with basic critical thinking skills and even a modicum of logic can separate fiction from reality. If your child honestly believes what they see in television shows, movies and any fiction of the like, you're failing as a parent. Creativity and imagination are a wonderful thing, but it's important to be able to discern them.

If your kid honestly thinks that if he throws a ball at his dog, he'll 'capture' it, then you're failing as a parent.

If your kid really thinks if he walks into the pillar at the train station, he'll be able to attend a school of magic and wizardry, you're failing as a parent.

If your kid really thinks that a highly-advanced machine race of synthetic-organic starships that reside in dark space are coming to harvest all intelligent life in the galaxy as they have been every 50,000 years as part of a cyclical purge, you're failing as a parent.

If your kid honestly thinks that there are a race of ice humanoids marching from the north, killing all in sight and then raising them from the dead in order to take over our kingdom after being dormant for over 8,000 years, you're failing as a parent.

All of these stories are fiction, and have very little influence on people unless you're mentally unhinged. What influence they serve are small, and it shows your own instability when you try to draw out issues that are non-existent. In OP's world, there can be no form of entertainment, no hobby, because if you try hard enough, you can find a problem in anything. In OP's world, someone, somewhere, will take offense. Such is the paradox of the SJW. How far can you reach to find perfection, when a problem can be found in anything?
    I like this post. The hammer.... the nail head.... perfect hit...

I wanna add....
    Maybe people who aren't parents don't quite grasp the concept of parenting to begin with?
    Up until one really is a parent, it's pretty much talking out of ones ass about the supposed dangers a kid might or might not face.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Mallcop is part of PETA now?

Oh, so you are now backtracking and are going to try and claim you didn't mean they died in battle, you meant they died in general, even when the context you said it in shows that is clearly false.

and what does your second point have to do with animal cruelty? >.>
    They can die in battle... Gary's raticate did...

My second point was to slavery... some of the pokemon are humans, abrakadabra for instance were all humans. We know this because their origin lies in people turning into them.

Slavery had so many positive outcomes.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

What surprises me the most about this thread is that it reached 7 pages in just an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a culture or societies who's values are in line with their practices.
    That's an interesting thought. Does such a society exist? My answer would be no.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Since we're on this topic, everyone should remember this gem:

PETA is a cause looking for a problem that no one but addle-brained bimbos fresh out of junior college care about.

But if they made a game, I'd play it. Just to purposely run my character (likely some sickly looking vegan wearing nothing but a chicken mask) into every spike-pit and fire hazard I could find.

Of course, I'd pirate it or bum it off someone. Wouldn't actually do anything that could in some small way contribute to them getting a single rusty penny that they'd squander on fake blood and gas for the ALF's fire bombs.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has really been pretty awful from the beginning and I don't see anything good coming out of it.