7+ Year Old Account

Mythic Imperator Help!

Hello! my guild and I have been progressing in Imperator for the past two days and we are really looking forward to kill it to get at least one cutting edge and an endboss mythic experience before 6.2 since we are 6/10, we assume we aren't getting blackhand at all.
    That being said, we have been getting sort of consistently to P3 but most of our melee dps die and it becomes a clusterfuck from that point on given the fact that we don't push the boss fast enough, we can't do branded on melee, and the adds stay up for way too long.
    Is there anything you guys would recommend to minimize deaths on P3 for melee? and for ranged if needs be?
    I have some logs, any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dCLWpZM81DXyxYNk

And yes, we are from Ragnaros, lol.

Looking at a few of the attempts, it looks like either the tank getting mark of chaos isn't getting far enough away (Your monk being max range on taunt to get the debuff then teleport even further away), or the melee aren't compensating for the tank not being far away and are just eating the mark. Also brand seems to be an issue. Seeing as you guys have a windwalker, try to get the 6th stack of brand to him every time so he can flying serpent kick it out and clear the debuff. Other then that melee have to worry about force nova, so dancing in and out for the 3 novas that happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't look at logs right now but my best suggestion is list during p3 and melee just need to be smart and not kill each other. There is really no way around it. For me personally that means if pewpew wave is coming out running literally out to 20-30 yards away and not damaging anyone else and using my def CDs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest hurdle is phase 3 on this boss. Abberation is absolutely highest priority target. Get on your dps ass about swapping immediately to it. Assign positions for your melee for force nova. Have them do some dry runs practicing spreading properly for it. It will help. Getting hit by mark of chaos is a no no. Make sure your tanks have margok FACING the ranged dps. The abberation spawns wherever the boss is facing. This way they don't have issues with it being out of range. With the gear we have now tell your melee to not even try to go back to the boss after each nova. It isn't worth it, spread....wait for all 3 novas, then back in to dps.

Prepare yourself ahead of time as the transition into phase 4 is very tricky if you push at a bad time. I called for a full dps stop on margok around 7% to make sure we killed the abberation before you push. He pushes around 5%. Adds immediately come streaming in. Assign bops to your healers and make sure your tanks are ready to pick up the adds. Monk statue down, etc. We wiped quite a few times in this transition. First time you get a clean push the boss is very close to dying as phase 4 is ez mode. Just make sure you have raid CDs for enveloping night 2.
    Last edited by Sinthetik; 2015-06-04 at 07:52 PM.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lust in phase 3, and just make sure people are spread out and the tank gets far enough away. DPS is enormous right now but you can still kill each other quite easily by splashing the nova for extended periods of time. Lots of melee have ways to block a single wave of the nova, but realistically it's as simple as spreading out in a clock and just sitting their until the nova is finished. In 6.0 you had to risk running back in, in 6.1 with this level of gear it's best to just wait.

Looking at your logs I would really recommend 3 tank and 4 healing it. It's super possibly with 2 tanks, but it will make tank damage much lighter and some of the finer points much easier to manage.

When you transition to P4 use as many AoTD as you have. P4 is really easy and if you 4 heal 3 tank it (which is what we did when going back, although for our kill in 6.0 we did 5 heal 3 tank) as long as everybody is up you can mostly ignore P4 mechanics. I mean don't completely ignore them, but just set up several groups and zerg the boss. We killed it before the second big explosion.

Here's our kill video with our raid leader talking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cgo0Fmn6Nk

Phase 3 is all about finding a safe spot and standing still, then stacking back up for heals when force nova is over. Our melee were not afraid to run out of range of the boss for a few seconds just to make sure they were safe. You also need to plan some raid healing cooldowns for each of the adds. You shouldn't need them during the novas if everyone is spread.

Here are two examples of a monk and a DK running to safety:

Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2015-06-04 at 10:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to everyone who provided help on the topic, and in particular to Tigerlily for visual feedback. I'll let you guys know if we get it tonight! : D