Will moonfire nerf apply to Lunar Inspiration?

Does anyone know for sure if the recent nerf to moonfire will also affect kitty moonfire? The nerf says its class-wide, but I imagine lunar inspiration moonfire has a different damage formula because it is based on attack power. Kinda sucks, cuz the buffs to rip/rake and nerfs to moonfire would just push bloodtalons even farther ahead of lunar inspiration and the-talent-who-must-not-be-named.

No, its a different spell. The bleeds buffs already pushed it out of its spot on 2-3 targets though, Bloodtalons is all around better now :/
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-06-05 at 07:29 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Doubt it. That nerf was solely targeted at Moonkin in conjunction with the mastery buff.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    No, its a different spell. The bleeds buffs already pushed it out of its spot on 2-3 targets though, Bloodtalons is all around better now :/

Damn, I like using lunar inspiration on progression fights because it isn't as high-maintenance as bloodtalons (and I can focus more on fight mechanics) but I guess it'll be even more sub-par now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    Damn, I like using lunar inspiration on progression fights because it isn't as high-maintenance as bloodtalons (and I can focus more on fight mechanics) but I guess it'll be even more sub-par now.
    If the maintenance makes you mess up mechanics, it might still be a better choice, though. Being dead tends to be bad for DPS.