Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Comparison: What $50 can get you in Blizzard games.

World of Warcraft: Base game up to level 90 (comes with a month sub) and a mount+pet. (OR) Two glittery mounts.
    Diablo: Base game and a $10 bill.
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Wings of Liberty, and a $10 bill.
    Heroes of the Storm: 5 to 10 totally distinct playable heroes, or skins with new animations, sounds, and spell effects.

Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain and Naxxaramas single-player adventures + cards. (OR) Packs for a total of 200 new cards.

(OR) 5 portraits which you can mimic by taping a picture of Magni to your computer and speaking in a Scottish accent.

Who in Hell thought ten bucks was an acceptable price for a hero reskin?
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2015-06-05 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Who the hell thought ten bucks was an acceptable price for a hero reskin?
    When I saw the price I thought without a doubt they would have a new hero ability. The price for a reskin is absolutely ridiculous. $10 for a reskin and a new hero power still seems a bit high to me, but at least there is a possibility of me justifying it when I'm sitting at my computer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't normally do this, but my response to you is "So don't buy it then?" - If people buy it Blizzard will keep selling things like that. I personally think $10 for it is excessive, but I'm not going to have a whine about it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I personally think $10 for it is excessive, but I'm not going to have a whine about it.
    People will buy the portraits if they're 50 bucks a piece, people are stupid. (I know a guy who literally payed $80 on WoW tokens then bought that shitty Alliance chopper ingame.) Doesn't make it any less of a bitch move or crazy price, and doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out for it. It's an insult to the people who are loyal to this game, and know what the trade-off is. 200 new cards, or one hero you already have, but has a new piece of art equivalent to the others, is spitting in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't normally do this, but my response to you is "So don't buy it then?" - If people buy it Blizzard will keep selling things like that. I personally think $10 for it is excessive, but I'm not going to have a whine about it.
    But you will have a whine about him having a whine about it. Circle of whine, world of lionkingcraft.

People will buy it, they'll release new dlc skins as a content patch in itself, world will keep spinnin'

It's almost like it's a purely cosmetic change for a free game that in no way, shape, or form impacts gameplay, and like different games are monetized differently.

It's crazy, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by nextt03 View Post
    $10 for a reskin and a new hero power still seems a bit high to me, but at least there is a possibility of me justifying it when I'm sitting at my computer.
    Considering that ten bucks can get you two new heroes with totally different playstyles in Heroes of the Storm, I'm gonna say I'd pay $10 for a Monk or Death Knight hero. Imagine the real price when new classes are added, with the idea that a reskin is ten bucks. Gonna be all kinds of fun, lol.

People will buy the portraits if they're 50 bucks a piece, people are stupid. (I know a guy who literally payed $80 on WoW tokens then bought that shitty Alliance chopper ingame.) Doesn't make it any less of a bitch move or crazy price, and doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out for it. It's an insult to the people who are loyal to this game, and know what the trade-off is. 200 new cards, or one hero you already have, but has a new piece of art equivalent to the others, is spitting in our faces.
    People have money and enjoy spending it. I know people paying 3000 euros for a Manticore in Diablo. Or buying 7 High End PC's (2.5k euros each + peripherals) to multibox Travian. Or getting all Hearthstone cards Golden. Or having a minor argument (by minor I mean it was literally "Oh come on tell me when you do something jesus... bye love you") because his wife bought 2 new cars.

People will pay what they think something is worth. Get over it. It's nobody's fault you or I are "poor".

All I'm saying is, if the price was $2, they'd get ten times the amount of buyers, zero bitching, and an excuse to add more interesting ones without seeming like money grabbing whores. I might consider five new reskins for $10, but $90 to have a new hero for each class is unbelievable, when the alternative is 400 cards.

All I'm saying is, if the price was $2, they'd get ten times the amount of buyers, zero bitching, and an excuse to add more interesting ones without seeming like money grabbing whores. I might consider five new reskins for $10, but $90 to have a new hero for each class is unbelievable, when the alternative is 400 cards.
    They have market teams, access to data and people much more competent than fucking random forum posters that say if they get more money pricing it at 2$ or at 10$. Get over your pseudo market analysis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's almost like it's a purely cosmetic change for a free game that in no way, shape, or form impacts gameplay, and like different games are monetized differently.

It's crazy, huh.
    /thread.

Seriously, that's why it's called a skin. Nothing actually changes so you buy it if you want to look different.

They also go on sale all the time. I bought one of the $10 skins for $5 and I think it was worth it. I got the game for free, after all.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Paying money for skins is okay even if they would be like 100$. You don't have to buy them. Releasing a new heropower which will give you a competitive advantage for money only would NOT be ok. It is fine the way they have done this.
    Last edited by mmocf38105e44a; 2015-06-05 at 08:27 PM.

Vote with your wallet. Don't think it's worth it? Don't buy it
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    They also go on sale all the time. I bought one of the $10 skins for $5 and I think it was worth it.
    Heroes of the Storm skins: Combination of a new 3d model, animations, audio (Null for me, Metallica>sound effects), and spell effects.
    Hearthstone skin: A new hero portrait (Same quality as any of the hundreds of cards you own) and voice-over which I'll never hear because I mute the game. I could literally tape a picture to my computer and get the same experience.

I'm just massively disappointed, because when we were promised new heroes, I was expecting they would be, y'know, viable. That there'd be more than two heroes per class. Now if they did that, the cost for a full set goes up by $90 each time they throw in new heroes, which is insane.

Who in Hell thought ten bucks was an acceptable price for a hero reskin?
    I'm sure Blizzard has someone in their accounting department that's job is it figure out what is the most people are willing to pay for something. If they are charging $10 they must figure that's the price point that will make them the most money. I work in a print shop and we'll charge people extra for a UV coating over a AQ coating because the ones sound better but our cost is the same for both.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Deleted
    Now if they did that, the cost for a full set goes up by $90 each time they throw in new heroes, which is insane.
    If you want a "full set" you already need to spend thousands of $ to get all the golden cards + Tespa cardback + golden ETC. You also need an account that has spent money during beta for golden Gelbin. 90$ is nothing compared to this.

Also why do people think they need a "full set"?

All I'm saying is, if the price was $2, they'd get ten times the amount of buyers, zero bitching, and an excuse to add more interesting ones without seeming like money grabbing whores.
    Sauce required for said assertions.

Meh, it's pretty easy to see Blizzard is a shadow of its former glory. No need to complain about their money hungry, self-destructive practices. Just stop supporting the BS.

I mean, the golden days of WoW had Blizzard working on WoW, with D2 over and done in the background.

Now people wonder why WoW has no content when you open up the Battlenet launcher and see 5 games ... 6 soon... contending with it. Almost every one of those games has a great store for plenty of micro-transactions. Money rolls in and that's all that matters.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

I see no problem with $10 per hero reskin. People paid more for recolored mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    People have money and enjoy spending it. I know people paying 3000 euros for a Manticore in Diablo. Or buying 7 High End PC's (2.5k euros each + peripherals) to multibox Travian. Or getting all Hearthstone cards Golden. Or having a minor argument (by minor I mean it was literally "Oh come on tell me when you do something jesus... bye love you") because his wife bought 2 new cars.

People will pay what they think something is worth. Get over it. It's nobody's fault you or I are "poor".
    First of all, interesting made up stories. I love how you are poor but apparently friends with the Kennedys and the Gates. Oh good Lord... xD
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart