Poll: VR and MMORPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    and there lies the problem. Today we still dont have the technology to make something like this happen. (taken sao as example) the device connects to your nervous system to make you "dive in" in the virtual reality world.. But as far as I know there are an abnormal amount of data processing thourgh your nervous system for which we have not the technology to process all of it (correct me if I'm wrong).

In a few years when occulust rift/morpheus/other devices like that will be optimized, it sure will be a good/great experience, but anything further would also be a revolutionary step in science itself imo which is hard to achieve (or luckily by chance like other inventions in the past)
    Oh I know why I said a sort of prototype and withing 10-20 years we likely will have enough tech. Note I JUST mean movement for now ANYTHING else will be some time.

Depends how far ahead in time you are looking, within 5 years probably a very bad idea, but I have no doubts that gaming will be heavily based on VR in 100 years or so.

For the moment i think it will simply not work. There need to me more iterations to make VR systems better.

Once VR systems will work well, then they can be implemented in games.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    When we get to systems like Star Trek holodecks then VR will work for MMO's. Any less than that and it won't.