Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Shadow of Revan worth the $20?
    This is more than worth it 39.99.
    http://www.amazon.com/SWTOR-Amazon-S...keywords=swtor

Unlimited Access to all Game Content and Features as a Subscriber for 60 days
    Play through exciting story-driven action in both Rise of the Hutt Cartel and the most recent expansion, Shadow of Revan, giving players a path from Level 1 – 60!
    Get unlimited access to PvP Warzones, PvE Flashpoints and Operations
    As a Subscriber, receive monthly complimentary Cartel Coins to use in the Cartel Market for Gear, Boosts, Mounts, and more in-game!
    Get access to Free Digital Expansions: Galactic Starfighter (featuring intense 12v12 free flight PvP dogfighting in space) and Galactic Strongholds (acquire your own customizable Stronghold of personal luxury) – all included with your Subscription level access!
    Receive 2400 Cartel Coins to spend in the Cartel Market where you will find great New Player Packs with Experience Boosts, Gear and Weapons plus your choice of Cool Mounts, Speeders and Pets – all just a click away inside the in-game Cartel Market.
    Get ready to become the center of your own customized Star Wars saga and play as one of 8 iconic classes including: Bounty Hunter, Trooper, Smuggler, Jedi or Sith among others; you will choose your path down the light or dark side of the Force™ as you build your Legacy in the Old Republic universe!
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2015-06-22 at 12:35 AM.

I actually just logged on last night for the first time since the starfighter thing came out, and I was really surprised with how much has changed. Just started the Makeb storyline, sorta hilarious so far since I was really well geared from Ops so everything just melts, but the story is interesting so far.

I was disappointed it still suffers from long loading screens though

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I actually just logged on last night for the first time since the starfighter thing came out, and I was really surprised with how much has changed. Just started the Makeb storyline, sorta hilarious so far since I was really well geared from Ops so everything just melts, but the story is interesting so far.

On Makeb, there are GSI terminals which will boost your gear. You probably don't need them, but it does help with newer 50s.

I actually just logged on last night for the first time since the starfighter thing came out, and I was really surprised with how much has changed. SNIP...
    I'd told quite a few gamers that and they do not originally believe me till they get in game.

Then it's like, "You were not kidding. Things have changed for the better."

And the best part is, it may be getting even better come this fall. Time will tell on that one though.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever get away from that one.

I grabbed an SSD a couple years ago and it makes a huge difference but I know everyone cannot do that.

EDIT......
    To add to RohanV. If you level an under geared alt. The GSI terminal on makeb that bolsters you is really nice.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know about the GSI terminal until after I was done with Makeb. As mentioned before my character had a bunch of Ops gear so it wasn't a problem.

Also while the overall GAME is the same, there have been numerous QoL improvements since Launch that has made my comeback a couple months ago much easier. SWTOR is definitely a better overall game than it was at launch. Hopefully Fallen Empire can build upon it.

As for load times, even on a regular HDD my max load time is like 20seconds give or take. People that have higher than that on a regular basis, I just dunno. Not saying it's ideal, but I think people are exaggerating.

Use the gsi buff, you will be god mode, and get more xp.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Deleted
    Honestly right now the game isn't a lot better than it was a while ago, though imo that's still enough to come back from. And the XP boost for subs is pretty good.

But looking at what they're bringing in soon with the KotFE and the new resources put into the game I would definitely come back asap.

It's definitely worth coming back for if u like star wars and like people

for sure! i had also a comeback two weeks ago and i have to say.... ITS REALLY GREAT!

As far is worth coming back to I do think so. I had played since about 4 months after launch for personal reason. I finally start playing again a week ago and enjoy it much more than I did wow.

And those saying swtor took features from wow that goes two ways. Wow takes stuff from many games including swtor look at the garrison followers. The ui is simiary yes but swtor can be changes with addons wow can't.

Wow has a weaker story now days Than it use to be. Swtor has a rich story and universe to explore

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It comes down to what you are looking for in a game at the moment. Do you want to do raids as your main content? WoW is 100% your game imo. However, if you're more casual and looking for a more story oriented MMO experience with some raid/end game, SWTOR is your game (especially if you're a Star Wars fan).

I think it is worth coming to. Its just my opinion but I bought swtor day 1 and the game just wasn't for me. I came back a week ago. OH MY! they have made a lot of changes. Plus the new expansion coming out. Man I was just blown away with the "player strongholds". I think the star wars community is more friendly then probably any mmo I've played including wow. The game is getting better and better. the storys , the pvp is aweosome . the game is fun. I cant wait till I raid.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I grabbed an SSD a couple years ago and it makes a huge difference but I know everyone cannot do that.
    Actually you just reminded me I never moved swtor to my SSD because I had stopped playing it. I should do that because it'll definitely help a bunch

Actually you just reminded me I never moved swtor to my SSD because I had stopped playing it. I should do that because it'll definitely help a bunch
    It does make a difference.

You wont ever be able to get rid of loading screens in SWTOR. It's just the way it's designed but I was shocked at how much a difference a good SSD made.

On planets that had a rather quick load time anyway, you might not see a huge cut in load times but you will notice it. On planets like Corellia and Belsavis where load times were rather terrible. An SSD made a huge difference for me.

Did they ever add in hood toggle, speech bubbles, and usable chairs?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Did they ever add in hood toggle, speech bubbles, and usable chairs?
    No hood toggle still.

Last word on speech bubbles was they crash the servers.

They have an emote that allows you to sit in a chair (from the Cartel Market, IIRC), but still can't do sitting in chairs in the open world proper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally spent 5 hours playing SWOTR after I’ve hit 50 (not sure if cap increased since then). Quit for like a whole year or so, when that FTP thing came about, I logged in, checked what to do, 2 hours later, logged out and deleted the game. Each got their own taste... try it out for a bit, if you didn't like it... play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No hood toggle still.

Last word on speech bubbles was they crash the servers.

They have an emote that allows you to sit in a chair (from the Cartel Market, IIRC), but still can't do sitting in chairs in the open world proper.
    The only thing I can add to this is speech bubble didn't crash the server but apparently it caused some pretty major lag for everyone. You can thank the less than stellar game engine for that but I don't think they said it crashed the server.

You can sit in any chair by using the /sit command but it is not what I would call a true mechanic like you might be used to if you played wow. You don't have to buy it or anything like that. It's just a type of emote.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-07-02 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    I guess because it has tanks, healers, and dps with spells on action bars it is a wow clone?

Hardly. But hell, a lot of the features in SWTOR have been ripped off by WoW. Garrisons are basically Crew Skills and Strongholds rolled into one.
    There's a major difference though.

In SWTOR you can have a stronghold. It can be handy, and does offer many benefits, but ignoring the feature won't break your game in the least.

In WoW you must have a garrison because you can't do shit without one, and everything revolves around them so much that it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2015-07-04 at 01:33 AM.

i returned after years and i really have to say that i love it! playing for weeks now and its lot of fun! give it a try! the addon and the upcoming year also looks nice and this episodic story-telling looks nice too.
    SWTOR: "Refer a Friend" You get: Free 7 Days Trial + Free Character Transfer (works also with an active account!)
    Feel free to use my referral link and get your goodies today! ::: http://www.swtor.com/r/7H3BnZ