Thread: FF Type 0

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

FF Type 0

Just finished Type 0 for the first time to tonight and I have to admit that them Onion Ninjas must've snuck in while I was watching the ending. I don't think I've had a game ending affect me that badly in years.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Didn't know this was even a thing. Added to The Big List.

7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I haven't sobbed so hard until that ending, I cried like a fucking baby! T_T

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Didn't know this was even a thing. Added to The Big List.
    One of those quiet hits imo. Didn't even know about it till I was browsing a game store.
    STRESS

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is that a lot of people probably bought it for the FFXIV demo and aren't ever going to actually play it.

Deleted
    I tried it, but that aweful camera stopped me from playing. With just a gentle push of the thumbstick camera spin crazy fast my head hurts, and there's no option to adjust this crap. I think it's the first game ever I had this problem

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I tried it, but that aweful camera stopped me from playing. With just a gentle push of the thumbstick camera spin crazy fast my head hurts, and there's no option to adjust this crap. I think it's the first game ever I had this problem
    Not saying the game is perfect, but I never had any problems with the camera. If anything it's biggest flaw is that it's one of those games that REQUIRES you to play it multiple times to experience everything, including a different/true ending.
    STRESS

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the camera wasn't so much the speed, I think, but rather the insane amount of motion blur. I got used to it quickly, but I can see it being really bothersome for some people.

Reminds me how some place jokingly said you should stock up on dramamine for this game, because that's how insane the motion blur is.

Deleted
    Just want to randomly put this out there, but FF type 0 is getting an official PC release for those wondering.

No release date announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Just want to randomly put this out there, but FF type 0 is getting an official PC release for those wondering.

No release date announced.
    Not sure if that's anything to be happy about. FF doesn't do too well with console to PC ports. They're always buggy as fuck.
    STRESS

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Not sure if that's anything to be happy about. FF doesn't do too well with console to PC ports. They're always buggy as fuck.
    At least 1st port of FF VIII brought us Chocobo minigame, I don't think it ever made it on PS1 in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    The sad thing is that a lot of people probably bought it for the FFXIV demo and aren't ever going to actually play it.
    You mean FFXV, but yea..lol.

I haven't had the privilege of playing Type 0 yet, but if the ending is anything like X, Im sure ill have crystallization in the eye sockets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I attempted to play this game. Was immediately turned off by how the game's story felt like a bad mary sue fanfiction.

I mean really. You're a bunch of military trained teenagers who are inexplicably still in what appears like a high class high school, BUT NOT ONLY THAT, all of the player characters are 'type-0' whatever that means, so they're better than everyone else.

I tried to like the game. Really did. Just didn't happen. I loved the idea of the crystals and the war, but as soon as I disconnected from all the major characters I just couldn't get any further.
    I think you've just described the characters of every final fantasy ever.

If you can turn off motion blur, it will already be better then the xbone and ps4 versions though. Couldn't finish the game because the motion blur is terrible and maked my head hurt. I also generally like motion blur in games so it is 100% the shitty ass effect square put in the game and not motion blue in general.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    I have considered getting it many times...Maybe I should.

What turned me off is the motion blur I seen of the ps4 gameplay. I was like holy fuck if I got to move the camera so much and see it that many times ill go insane.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I do agree though looking at the trailer for type 0 really does look like it used a engine very close to whats being used in FF14, and that engine is extremely good considering its being used for an MMO.

However to play devils advocate, most of their older games were running on inhouse rubbish engines that were made mostly for that specific game originally for a specific platform, saying that, FF13 had constant frame rate stuttering on the PS3 so its hard to say if that game was made well to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    I do agree though looking at the trailer for type 0 really does look like it used a engine very close to whats being used in FF14, and that engine is extremely good considering its being used for an MMO.

However to play devils advocate, most of their older games were running on inhouse rubbish engines that were made mostly for that specific game originally for a specific platform, saying that, FF13 had constant frame rate stuttering on the PS3 so its hard to say if that game was made well to begin with.
    FF Type-0 is not using the XIV engine, it's the proprietary in house engine they used to make Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core. Even in the hd version, same engine up ressed with higher quality assets in the main hub, and the same terrible low res assets every where else.

Also FFXIII had almost no frame drops at all on ps3, not sure what you're talking about. Must be thinking of the 360 version, which isn't surprising it had shit performance. It was built from ground up with ps3 in mind and only decided on at the last second to port it to the 360.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    FF Type-0 is not using the XIV engine, it's the proprietary in house engine they used to make Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core. Even in the hd version, same engine up ressed with higher quality assets in the main hub, and the same terrible low res assets every where else.

Also FFXIII had almost no frame drops at all on ps3, not sure what you're talking about. Must be thinking of the 360 version, which isn't surprising it had shit performance. It was built from ground up with ps3 in mind and only decided on at the last second to port it to the 360.
    Must be just trailer footage then, also FF13 on the PS3 had stuttering to my experience playing the game, also had the 360 version which was worse.

I attempted to play this game. Was immediately turned off by how the game's story felt like a bad mary sue fanfiction.

I mean really. You're a bunch of military trained teenagers who are inexplicably still in what appears like a high class high school, BUT NOT ONLY THAT, all of the player characters are 'type-0' whatever that means, so they're better than everyone else.

I tried to like the game. Really did. Just didn't happen. I loved the idea of the crystals and the war, but as soon as I disconnected from all the major characters I just couldn't get any further.
    Sounds like you played the game with your mind already made up and closed. You can only do the "rag tag group of rebel adventurers" so often before it becomes stale and that is what it is in the FF universe right now.

If you bother to play the game with an open mind you'd understand why it looks like a school and how everyone is divided into classes (from 0 - 12). And the semi-full story comes out at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morrei View Post
    You mean FFXV, but yea..lol.

I haven't had the privilege of playing Type 0 yet, but if the ending is anything like X, Im sure ill have crystallization in the eye sockets.
    Lets just say that it's something they haven't done in any FF yet and leave it at that.
    STRESS

If you need to fully play a story to understand why it isn't a mary sue story, you're going to make a lot of people upset in the in-between.

No, there really isn't a limit to how often you can do the 'ragtag group of adventurers' type. Because every ragtag group of adventurers is different from the last. What I enjoyed about the FF series was not the overarching story of each game, but the characters we meet and develop along the way, THEIR stories, THEIR reasons for being in the overarching story of each game. That was something FF always EXCELLED at, right from the get go from each and every game.

And I went into Type-0 with, coincidentally, ZERO expectations. It looked new, so I expected it to be new. And all it did was disappoint with every second that I played of it. (With the exception of the Crystal War story. That seemed cool.) I knew nothing of it. I thought it was going to be pretty good.

Literally as soon as I got to the point where I could actually play the game, nothing made sense anymore, and after an hour and a half of trying to make sense of it, all I got was more confusion and a high school full of apparently super special teenagers with no backstory to them whatsoever as of that point.
    A case of "You say potato I say potatoe" I guess.

I personally found the constant "ragtag group of adventurers" story to be very old and bland since while the backstory itself might differ slightly from game to game at the end it's always the same thing with just a different face.

I guess I liked FF 0 because I enjoy reading so I had no problem getting my info unlocked after missions in the Crystarium. It was also a refreshing change of pace to have the characters established at the start so you could see how they interact with one another from the get go.
    STRESS