Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Waaaaay down near the bottom of that pathetic email is an "unsubscribe" button, that turns off the email notifications bring sent which should include that piece of garbage you've just received!
    Every company I've gotten an email from has their unsubscribe from email-button down at the bottom. They don't want you to unsub from it, why should they put it anywhere else? They're not exactly hiding it since you know it'll be down there.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Eve on line still sends me emails about reactivating my sub. And its like what? 4 years i quit or something?

Its nothing new all companies do it
    eve doesn't send me anything, fly safe. o/

It's been like that for ages lol....

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Now i've mentioned im unsubbed right now, i tried a token but even for free i havent been able to bring myself to login for almost 3 weeks purely because of how dead the world of dreanor is and i like my mmo to be a world, not a raid as the focus -BUT this is beside the point. Point being right now im unsubbed.

Its not the first time, over the last ten years ive had to drop the game for a few weeks, vacations, university and so on, it happens right?

Well today i get an email from Blizzard, i assume its yet another spam mail to try and get me to install heros of the storm or something but no its not.

What it is is a short paragraph saying "your gametime is about to run out, please decide to continue your adventures in azeroth and follow this link to add more gametime or buy a prepaid gametime card".

I assume its a fishing scam or fake email, we all get them now and again right?

But nope this is from blizzard entertainment alright.

So is this new?

In my ten years of playing ive never seen Blizzard actively send out emails saying "please sub again". No "and check out this upcoming content" no "and continue the legendary questline!" but just a block of blue text saying "please subscribe again".

To be honest i've not seen any mmo i've ever played do this. Were it listing content it would seem like the usual automated ads but -and this isnt meant to be inflammatory brave knights, rein your steeds- it seems like target begging for players who are about to leave the game.

IS it new? or somehow i've just never got on over the times ive unsubbed for a while over the years?
    No it is not new. They have done this for years. Nice try in attempting to spin yet something else in order to bash Blizzard.

In fact pretty much any and all subscription based services whether its a game or something like Netflix or Hulu will do this as well. Or are you going to claim Netflix is "begging" customers to stay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I love how Thunderbird gives me a message every time Blizzard send me an email; "This may be a scam". They aren't wrong.
    Oh give me a fucking break. If Blizzard is "scamming" you then why in the fuck are you still giving them money?
    Last edited by xanzul; 2015-06-06 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I assume its a fishing scam or fake email, we all get them now and again right?

But nope this is from blizzard entertainment alright.
    I have seen plenty of scams that come from what looks like a 100% legit blizzard email address...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    You can easily forbid them to ever contact you again. This line I always include in various (private) terminations for mobile contracts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I got this too:

SNIP

I don't recall them doing anything similar in the past (I've intermittently played since TBC) but I may be wrong and don't see anything weird with it either. Just for the record I was on a in-game gold sub, and haven't resubbed.
    If this is the Email OP got I see nothing wrong about it. Obviously op is using language to try and spin it to seem like Blizzard is desperate for players to not unsub, but this email is just a reminders that prepaid time is running out. I get these from time to time because I don't like recurring charges.

Thread is nothing more than OP trying to bash blizzard
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Should see the emails I get about SWTOR. They practically have the jedi on their hands and knees begging and promising things have TOTALLY gotten better since the last time I played.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh give me a fucking break. If Blizzard is "scamming" you then why in the fuck are you still giving them money?
    I don't give them any money. They still send me emails on the off chance I still might. And so angry, over a tiny little piece of humour. Such an overreaction.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    If this is the Email OP got I see nothing wrong about it. Obviously op is using language to try and spin it to seem like Blizzard is desperate for players to not unsub, but this email is just a reminders that prepaid time is running out. I get these from time to time because I don't like recurring charges.

Thread is nothing more than OP trying to bash blizzard
    All this thread needs now is a few mods posting nonsense defending the thread despite it being clear what the OP is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I don't give them any money. They still send me emails on the off chance I still might. And so angry, over a tiny little piece of humour. Such an overreaction.
    That's nice. The emails the OP is referring to specifically are ones sent to CURRENT subscribers reminding them to renew before their subscription runs out. So either you fail at reading comprehension or you are trolling. Keep on backpeddling though it is so entertaining when you do it.

All this thread needs now is a few mods posting nonsense defending the thread despite it being clear what the OP is doing.
    here have a snickers bar...
    you turn into a angry little diva every time someone says something about Blizzard...

its funny to read your posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    here have a snickers bar...
    you turn into a angry little diva every time someone says something about Blizzard...

its funny to read your posts
    Fuck Blizzard. The OP is purposely trying to mislead others. Blizzard could go down in flames tomorrow and I would still say this is a garbage thread. It is funny how you accuse me of "defending" Blizzard but if anyone ever accuses the forum malcontents here of bashing Blizzard they start screaming bloody murder.

Fuck Blizzard. The OP is purposely trying to mislead others. Blizzard could go down in flames tomorrow and I would still say this is a garbage thread.
    sure sure buddy , whatever you say..
    like i said, you post in every thread that anyone does if they are saying anything about Blizzard...
    posts filled with arrogance and even rage....
    but dont mind me, please continue, maybe someday Blizzard will notice you and validate the effort you made on attacking posters that dont agree with every little thing Blizzard does or posters that have any kind of complain..
    like i said, your posts are funny to read..

I'm sure that when I unsubscribed for a while 3 years ago I got the exact same mail.

misleading title

No where i the mail, does it say please come back.

These mails have been sent out for years now.

misleading title, is misleading.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

That's nice. The emails the OP is referring to specifically are ones sent to CURRENT subscribers reminding them to renew before their subscription runs out. So either you fail at reading comprehension or you are trolling. Keep on backpeddling though it is so entertaining when you do it.
    I never said I got the same email. Just that I get emails from Blizzard. And when I do, Thunderbird does exactly what I said it does. No idea why, but it amuses me.

Now, you were saying something about failing at reading? Ironically, as it turns out.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Its existed for years. I got one during wrath. Nothing new here guys we can all move alone with the next conspiracy theory of blizzard worrying about stuff.
    I never got one, the two times I unsubbed, but who knows, they may have not run it as a program continuously. I'd bet such things are automated, they just run scripts - if you account is about to expire, fire off email. Run script, if account is 6 months expired, send free week offer. Standard customer retention stuff. This is the kind of thing they pay marketing big bucks for.

They have sent these at least since WoTLK. Take off the tin foil hats.