Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Making Gold: Making Millions Off The Garrison

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    SB is Crap now but its free gold. I would not farm it. More alts always = more gold

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that is why Alot of us serious gold makers are Multiboxers, most are 5 accounts, with at least 5, sets of 5 or more, so 20+ lvl 100's

A friend has 50 level 100's now, she cycles them, as in to level them in sets of 5, and through rested state.

I have 20, level 100's, only a few are highly geared, ilvl 690+ rest are pure gold monkeys and have 20 treasures + 5 scavengers on each toon.

Gold making with little time and effort is unreal!

WOD is highly amazing for alts, once your lvl 100 u never have to leave ur garry ever again to start making gold, once your a few weeks into a fresh 100 gold flow is amazing.

I have another 10 level 91's collecting rested + have garrision and resources piling each day, 1 set of 5 has already 3k resources and is 91.

best xpac too cap on quite a few toons with gold, and breeze it in, with next xpac.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    This guy highly underestimates the barn and sends the followers on missions in wrong order He could get 100% on that 1100g missions but he chose to send followers on useless XP and follower token upgrade first, he only had 825g on that rare mission in there.

Barn on six toons, combined with many crafting professions (using the BOP proff mats):
    http://i.imgur.com/MxhAlBm.jpg

Most of the mats are self farmed there. I just bought a couple hundred Sorcerous for about 20k gold, sold upgrades worth 225k+ And had a fck ton of spare sumptuous fur to sell on AH or turn to primal spirits too.

Yes, this does require some farming. But WoD has almost no fucking content anyway, so why not go once a while to Nagrand and grind some wolves in a party of 5?

If you 5-box, you don't even have to look for a party. You can make this 5-man team yourself, each wolf you trap gives you 5 wolf cages - one per toon

Getting Garona or Harrison on alts though? No thanks. Too many LFR runs and too much hassle without flying.

As far as the mine or garden goes, I skip mine but still do garden with the gloves from Nagrand that speed up herbing. After 2 weeks I have 20,000+ herbs to mill and in patch 6.2 milling is going to be far more user friendly (turned into regular profession recipes that you can just click "create all" and tab out). These pigments I combine with primal spirit to get war paints and sell more inscription upgrades

The whole system is pretty complex and takes months to set up correctly though. It's not like your average Joe with one max level toon will start to earn 300,000g a week immediately. If you haven't started this game long ago already, then you're pretty damn handicapped I'd say. So far not a word on TH nerfs in 6.2 so this eldorado might carry over to 6.2.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-06-06 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Surely alts are great for making gold, but the preparation you have to do is insane.
    Getting from Lv90 to Lv100 and get enough treasures hunters/resources does take probably 2 days /played + 8-12 weeks of wait time.
    This.

Yes during this expansion, the game does provide more gold than any other expansion. But the work involved is probably 10 times more than any previous expansion.

If anything this expansion has made just churned out more idiots who think Garrisons are gold mines.

The reality is, a true gold maker, makes gold with minimal effort, and zero farming. In previous expansions, the real gold makers made their fortunes off the plebs that did all the farming. Which is much like real life. In WoD the principal money makers are Garrisons -- which are just one huge farm fest with 10x the work.
    Last edited by ablib; 2015-06-06 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a warrior level 1-100 with 1 day, 21 hours and 30 minutes play time

The quicker you level (and don't idle them for resources) the slower it is/seems to get the full garrison up and going, but lumber mill doesn't cost resources to build, get level 3 and Phylarch for shit tonnes of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by jsin View Post
    The only thing I dont do from that vid is use my spirits or use the trade post often. with 7 alts maxed i mainly just do my missions and prof and barns and still make over 15k a week. barns are still worth doing imo. on my server they are selling for 170ea i farm an hr and get 2 weeks worth of orders. i use the fur and leather to craft shit to sell and just sell the fur. good video

I think this whole thread should be moved to that "common sense" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This.

Yes during this expansion, the game does provide more gold than any other expansion. But the work involved is probably 10 times more than any previous expansion.

If anything this expansion has made just churned out more idiots who think Garrisons are gold mines.

The reality is, a true gold maker, makes gold with minimal effort, and zero farming. In previous expansions, the real gold makers made their fortunes off the plebs that did all the farming. Which is much like real life. In WoD the principal money makers are Garrisons -- which are just one huge farm fest with 10x the work.
    I wouldn't say so, it's never been easier/faster. I'm earning 500-600k per week and I'm spending half an hour a day doing it. Sure, the preperation was "insane" as in I had to level 90-100 over and over, but with heirlooms that doesn't take very long. I think I spent 5 hours 90-100 in one sitting on my last 100? Once they're 100 I just work them passively into my daily send-missions-and-shit rotation and forget about them, slowly upgrading their garrisons and recruiting followers every week. I have 100s with less than 2-3 days played with lvl 3 garrisons, 640 ilvl and 50-80k gold in their bags (but only a few 675 followers but that's no problem).

Compared to Cataclysm which was the last expansion I earned this much where I spent 10+ hours a week fucking prospecting and the same hours per day camping AH with TSM on a level 1 alt on a second account...

Like you said a true gold maker would do it as fast and easy as possible and that also means if you're serious about it you better fucking multibox and utilize RAF to the maximum. Like my sig says I'm lazy so I want to just rush through it and be done with it and even if I got two more accounts when tokens came out I've still only leveled the free 90s I got. With multiboxing you can level X number of characters in the same time it takes to level 1, simply because mob xp means nothing and bonus objectives and treasures is where the xp's at.

I know I could do what Esubane does and sell item upgrades, but with multiboxing and alts I can go completely no brain zombie mode and make more than 50k per day without touching the AH or ever leaving my garrison. Boring, yes, but this won't last so I'm abusing it for as long as I can. Edit2: I'm not bothering with barns either, too lazy

35 100s, half of them leveled after heirlooms got buffed so they're still in the process of gearing and recruiting TH's.

Edit: Oh, and with a multiboxing software that clones mouse clicks you can also do missions on all accounts at the same time. I'm just manually clicking the gold and raid missions first then I just spam away. And open salvage crates faster. All the things!
    Last edited by Bodom; 2015-06-06 at 07:29 PM.

Started tracking my earnings just this past April.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I think this whole thread should be moved to that "common sense" thread.
    If this seems like a surprising and amazing way to make gold for anybody they didn't take 5 seconds to look at followers or building info.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    275g mission started with 2 TH instead of 3. Right click so you can virtually setup all your mission before you actually send them

10+ Year Old Account
    i could never log in twice a day to do missions on multiple chars... hell i couldn't bare to do it on one char

Deleted
    @Yindoo, actually it doesn't take that long at all. Especially with heirlooms for alt leveling and the whole process not being anything beyond log in, send people out, log out. This whole gold producing machine needs the nerf bat and badly. Like all over it. They never should've brought treasure hunter as a trait into the game. Let me just show you ONE garrison table from an alt of mine (alt leveled with rested bonus, potion and some heirlooms took no time whatsoever, hasn't done anything beyond leeching through lfr for Garona (rerolled to treasure hunter)).

THIS are the offered missions for a single day, just the initial ones I got in the morning when logging in. These are 2k+ gold for doing f* all. And I have the same on a bunch of other characters. Most of them had this already BEFORE hitting level 90 also. 98 or Spires of Arakk is enough to access the level 2 buildings. Hitting 100 and actually doing Harrison (each quest can be done in 10-15 minutes tops) speeds up the process tremendously tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    550k/week and 35 Lv100's = 15k/char/weekly or 2,244char/daily.
    That might happens once a week (unless you have mythic missions with all your alts).

I averaged around 5k gold daily over the last ~1month with 5 characters and two log in's.
    Also two of them have double mythic missions [around 500g daily bonus (14 days/8000gold)].

Which means if you do purely missions w/o mythic cache, you average 200k weekly, which is not even close to 600k.

And the amount, as I already told earlier, is insane. But the time managing also adds up.
    Yes sending missions and receiving them only takes 90seconds per character. Sometimes you need to vendor aswell or rightclick those item/armor/weapon tokens, so 30seconds extra.But opening the salvage crates also takes time, around 1min daily extra. Also you log in twice, so you actually need 5minutes per character daily.

To reach 30minutes daily for 35 characters, you need to multibox 6 accounts. And multiboxing can sometimes be a real hassle.
    Obviously I cant tell how many accounts you multibox, but I'd go with 4; saying each account 9characters. Averaging 45minutes, 50% more than you said.

If you wouldnt multibox at all, you'd need almost 3 hours a day (better said 90minutes twice a day).
    And to finish off my post: You actually make even less gold, going with 4 accounts, you have to pay 160k in sub fee's or 40k less weekly.

TL;DR You probably only make 160k/weekly with 4accounts, 35 Lv100 Characters and you need 45minutes a day for all characters if you >only< do missions + salvage yard. Thats averages 508 gold/minute or 30,476 gold/hour.

Thats insanely good, but not 90,000gold/hour as you tried to tell us.

Thanks for this.. Sick and tired of people trying to over-sell or boost their profits on forums to make themselves feel better/look good. It literally does nothing but pat an individuals own ego and in some cases deter others from trying to do the same because it seems "impossible" or gives them an unrealistic view of gold making.

Just understand that for anyone trying to make gold that is new to it, it will always take time + investment. My friend heard about how OP the Treasure Hunter + Inn Combo is and is trying to come back to WoW to make lots of gold but the reality is he only has 1 level 100 and will have to grind the plans for the level 3 INN, level 3 Salvage Yard etc.

Perspective is the key. What do you want to get and What are you prepared to do for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hitting 100 + hoping the Harrison Jones quests appear in a linear order so it can be done in 6 days? Unlikely. Probably take at least a week depending on RNG.

Harrison is key for any fresh 100 for power leveling new Treasure hunters or Scavengers.

There are some days when I will get 2k-3k in one session. Some days I will get around 700-800 in one session. It varies. You won't always make 2-3k a day, it really depends on the missions that spawn, even if you are maxing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    @Yindoo, actually it doesn't take that long at all. Especially with heirlooms for alt leveling and the whole process not being anything beyond log in, send people out, log out. This whole gold producing machine needs the nerf bat and badly. Like all over it. They never should've brought treasure hunter as a trait into the game. Let me just show you ONE garrison table from an alt of mine (alt leveled with rested bonus, potion and some heirlooms took no time whatsoever, hasn't done anything beyond leeching through lfr for Garona (rerolled to treasure hunter)).

http://i.imgur.com/0P66zyc.png[/IMG]

THIS are the offered missions for a single day, just the initial ones I got in the morning when logging in. These are 2k+ gold for doing f* all. And I have the same on a bunch of other characters. Most of them had this already BEFORE hitting level 90 also. 98 or Spires of Arakk is enough to access the level 2 buildings. Hitting 100 and actually doing Harrison (each quest can be done in 10-15 minutes tops) speeds up the process tremendously tho.
    How did you get a screen with nothing but gold missions? All epic 100 followers with 670 itemlevel? Because I get like 3-7 gold missions per character a day and a ton of XP/trash ones.

Deleted
    Oh you still get trash, addons just neatly clan it up and bunch them up for easier finding. If I'd scroll down further beyond garrison resources I'd eventually hit xp. Those keep showing up even with only 675/epic guys.

Oh. Damn. :0

10+ Year Old Account

Can someone tell me what addon this is that he used? Please, and thanks!
    Last edited by Mustardisbad; 2015-06-07 at 04:45 AM.