Deleted

Would you date somebody abroad?

As the title says, would you date/enter a relationship with somebody over seas?

Personally I wouldn't, I had a 14 month long distance relationship with somebody who lived 200 miles away and it affected the relationship as we could only meet two weekends a month (eventually only one weekend a month) so having a relationship with somebody so far away that we would probably only meet for two weeks a year just wouldn't be worth it personally for me. I remember getting cyber involved with a lovely American at age 18 but we never met

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends completely on how often you can meet on a regular basis. Though your example sounds good enough with two weekends a month, if its consistent every month. However I would only consider it after we already dated, I won't start dating someone that lives so far away, but I wouldn't mind it in an already established relationship.

I wouldn't mind if there's really some chemistry. Still, it's easier to feel it when you can establish physical contact with the other person.

200 miles isn't much in the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

As long as there were plans for one of us to move eventually, sure.

If not, no.

I would try, I'm single right now so there's not much to lose.

But probably only if it would be feasible for us to live together within a year or two. I don't think I could stand waiting 5 - 10 years to be together.

I wouldn't start one unless I knew the person physically. But I wouldn't drop a relationship if someone needed to move away.

But I'm taken for now, so I suppose it doesn't really matter unless she moves on me.

Deleted
    I met my husband online, we dated with many thousands of miles between us (UK -> USA) for a year before we moved in together. Considering we've been married for almost 10 years now, I'd say it was worth the effort.

If I ever found myself single would I seek out a long distance relationship? Probably wouldn't actively look for one - not gonna lie, it was very, very hard. But I also wouldn't rule it out completely either. If you find the right person then it's worth giving it a go in my opinion, but I'd much rather find someone local. Hopefully won't need to date again anyway though :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    As the title says, would you date/enter a relationship with somebody over seas?

Personally I wouldn't, I had a 14 month long distance relationship with somebody who lived 200 miles away and it affected the relationship as we could only meet two weekends a month (eventually only one weekend a month) so having a relationship with somebody so far away that we would probably only meet for two weeks a year just wouldn't be worth it personally for me. I remember getting cyber involved with a lovely American at age 18 but we never met
    no it would be too far away from eachother i want to live in same town

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    As long as there were plans for one of us to move eventually, sure.

If not, no.
    Yeah, this. I could do long-distance if I knew it was temporary.

I wouldnt date anyone long distance as in 4hrs away much less someone in a different country.

Yeah I did and then moved to the other country.

I dont see it working, I dont have trust and I feel they would bleed me for money with no reward.

I can not easily travel or go far, so I could never visit them.

I'm dutch and my gf is from the Dominican Republic. Almost a year together now. I was there for 2 weeks during new year and she's coming over to Holland for a month during the summer. It's tough for sure, but doable.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Unlikely. Long distance relationships are terribly problematic and typically do not work out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My relationships require a heavy sex element, so no.

I met my girlfriend on WoW when I was 14, 8 years ago, and we didn't get to see eachother once, besides skype, for those years. But now we've been together for over a year and we couldn't be happier. So yes, I think I'd be able to date someone over seas.