Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd love a major glyph to make a clone perform it, instead of having to hold my AR CD, or curse when my KS comes off CD mid-AR, or when i'm energy capping from KS during Heroism. This would cause PvP issues with burst however.

I don't think the 'skill' of timing KS to not kill you is a particularly fun mini-game, especially given no other class has a "this is likely to kill you" CD as a core part of their DPS rotation, and as the major part of their burst AE rotation. There's no positive reward for playing well, it's either 'yes you've performed your dps rotation properly' or one of a 'no, you've failed at your rotation' if you delay it or 'no, you've died' if you time it wrong result.

Deleted
    a lot of issues with the choices here are that the majority of them aren't compelling gameplay. Having a clone is incredibly passive (i also have issues with shadow reflection but thats OT) and doesn't really feel exciting or rewarding; same with making it just a dot or something you control.

Killing spree as it isfeels fun. you're a jumping demon of death. blizzard likes to have a bit of class identity, and i believe killing spree is one of those. you may argue that this doesn't matter, it just needs to be tuned right or w/e, but remember there are players who just enjoy the game casually, and to them killing spree is awesome now.

My choice would be to bake in a cheat death mechanic to killing spree, with a decently long cd on the cheat death effect (longer than a few KS') so that you cannot cheese mechanics with it constantly. This adds a way to stop yourself getting wrecked by some stuff, and also adds a little skill cap of using the cheat death offensively instead of defensively. You could also bake in a aoe damage reduction or pure damage reduction, but that doesnt stop the 1 shot mechanics which killing spree usually falls foul of.

to be honest, its fine as is. 2 charges as mentioned above is another good idea but right now if you're decent you don't die and its not a huge dps loss anyway, since KS is a relatively minor portion of your damage anyway.

having built in cheat death won't help on fights such as H&F mythic. You will likely wipe your raid if you use KS during smart stampers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    having built in cheat death won't help on fights such as H&F mythic. You will likely wipe your raid if you use KS during smart stampers.
    i dont know how you do hanz and franz, but I can killing spree in smart stampers. you barely use half the room nowadays anyway
    Last edited by mmocf6315580c1; 2015-06-15 at 10:27 AM. Reason: removed irrelevant point

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    You don't have to use blade flurry whilst using killing spree. Using it on one target helps keep it under control, somewhat, as long as the tanks pull the bosses appropriately enough so that they don't end up jumping out of the way of smart stampers.

I agree, Killing Spree is an awesome looking ability. Jumping around the room hitting everything is bad ass. However, from a min/max perspective it becomes a liability. I like to use Mythic Beastlord as an example. Is there really a safe time to use KS in the final phase of Beastlord without risking death? Of course some people enjoy it for its feel and looks rather than it's utility to maximize dps, but doesnt that further support the creation of a glyph that allows a choice? Satisfy both hardcore raiders and casual gamers by giving you the choice of teleportation during its duration. I feel like a minor glyph would be more appropriate, similar to a Boomkins Starfall glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    You don't have to use blade flurry whilst using killing spree. Using it on one target helps keep it under control, somewhat, as long as the tanks pull the bosses appropriately enough so that they don't end up jumping out of the way of smart stampers.
    Heres the problem. What if the tanks fail to properly position the boss? Should we really have to rely on someone else's ability to do their job decide our survivability and CD usage.

I'm not a fan of an ability that punishes poorer rogues by killing them--subpar dps is one thing, a random death is something else entirely (especially when it's not your death but someone else who dies because you're teleporting around with the plague). Most WoW rogue players are average and KS is definitely too punishing.

As for the OPs question, I'd use the animation for Chain Volley or, better yet, something that does the same thing but with splashes of blood instead. At least its a nice visual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maddnesskhaz View Post
    I don't think the 'skill' of timing KS to not kill you is a particularly fun mini-game, especially given no other class has a "this is likely to kill you" CD as a core part of their DPS rotation, and as the major part of their burst AE rotation. There's no positive reward for playing well, it's either 'yes you've performed your dps rotation properly' or one of a 'no, you've failed at your rotation' if you delay it or 'no, you've died' if you time it wrong result.
    Most rogue players in the game are lucky to get 60% of the damage they should be doing out of their character; asking them to know the fights well enough to know when not to killing spree is... Well, it's not a mini-game most rogues can even play.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killing Spree should be one of two things:

- A copy of the Xuen cloak effect for melee (hyper-fast swings with the "claw" visual effect)
    OR
    - A 100% (maximum?) Attack Speed increase for a few seconds (3-4 secs should do it). Same animations, just really really sped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very simple. Make it not take control of your character. We're already losing the "cc immunity" part of it. So I damn well want to be able to control where I go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    5. Kargath; the skill will fire clones at random foes instead of teleporting you around.
    That would be great

Deleted
    "You go into a Killing Spree, striking all nearby enemies(10y) for x% weapon damage for x seconds."

No lose of control, no jumping around like a maniac not knowing where you'll land, just an animation on your character. It maybe boring, but it's the only solution I can think of without completely removing the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    "You go into a Killing Spree, striking all nearby enemies(10y) for x% weapon damage for x seconds."

No lose of control, no jumping around like a maniac not knowing where you'll land, just an animation on your character. It maybe boring, but it's the only solution I can think of without completely removing the ability.
    Even if it's similar to Fists of Fury, it would be a better solution both for reliability and even for spec thematics. Combat is like a swashbuckler/fencer hybrid so the whole jumping around the field thing is a little odd. Seems more of an Assassination/Sub thing to do...

Give it a fancy new animation and it would be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

killing spree 0.5 global CD, 8 yard range
    whenever rogue perform a finish move, he has 20% per combo point to gain 1 charge of killing spree that last for 2 minutes, maximum 10 charges.
    consuming each charge will teleport rogue in front of his target and deal 80% of main and off hand weapon damage.