I have been off the WoW tit for 2 years now. Quit before MOP (played a trial briefly though) and before that I was a straight player from Vanilla launch to beginning of WoW. Raiding all the way.

In these fews years off WoW, I tried many a MMO. I have not found anything better (for my tastes) Not even close really. WoW will always hold a spot in my heart. I guess that is why ( and others?) can be so hard on it. This is not a bash on what WoW has become but rather a hope that it can get back to being something I want to play again.

Yeah, you have to take into consideration the other player, the great unwashed public. What is my cup of tea is not necessarily someone else's. Do I want there to be something better out there? I do and i do not. On one hand I want some solid competition for World of Warcraft because competition is and always will be good for the consumer. On the other hand, I have this sentimental attachment to the game. I can be too hard on it, perhaps my expectations are not realistic. So I am stuck in this weird spot right now. Wanting it to fail so it can get better and wanting it just to get better but it doesn't seem to be happening right now. First world problems eh

There has to be a middle ground for all involved. What is that middle ground? What needs to happen to bring together the casual, the average and the hardcore? There has to be some negotiation here where everyone gives up something and where we can all gain in the end. We have all these groups competing for Blizzards attention. Sibling rivalry so to speak.

So lets start up a discussion. Maybe a negotiation is the proper word.

I have always had a distaste for anything Looking For Raid. I can change, give a little, get a little. So in the spirit of negotiation and some middle ground. I counter with: Let LFR have some better gear (yes give em back tier) and make it a bit more difficult, a point where they(us) have to be a little more attentive but still very easy. In return, normal/heroic/mythic get a little something something for their effort. What that is i do not know yet. ( we can add a little star here * and come back to it once we know).

There are other thing areas we can discuss as well that have different points of views and wants. Used LFR as an example. Can be numerous topics we can talk about to improve the game for all groups involved. Do not come in here and be a dick though, for the love of science...we see that sort of shit day in and day out plus lets give the mods a break for once, they must get sick of our shit in a big way. So check your baggage at the door and lets start some discussion/negotiation on how all groups can come together and improve the game with the realization that others have differing points of view.

What do you think?

Some topics of possible contention:

1) LFR

2) flying

3) PvP

4) 5 man dungeons

5) Raiding

How do we mesh it all so we can all live with it.