Diablo 3: Farming question

Is it better to farm T6 or Grift(1, 11, 21, 31 is what I do) for items? I am also working on upgrading my legendary gems. And Grift 31 tend to drop 2-4 legendaries for me, which seems about the same as doing T6.

Also, when farming T6, do you just farm to the Rift Guardian comes, kills him, then exit and remake, or do you clear the whole thing? The only advantage I can see from only going for Rift Guardian is more Blood Shards/hour, and that lottery demands more RNG than my lucky pants can give me. But I dont know..

I am a 1.2 mill dmg Barb with Wastes set (No Bul'Kathos yet..)

(Profile)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Greater rifts are best for farming items. GR level 27 is tier6 equivalent so any level higher than 27 is more efficient for items. Depending on clear speed of course.

Higher level more loot, also more blood shards for more loot again!

Better to do 10min or under runs in GR, anything longer to clear and I'd drop the level.

Upgrading legendary gems is best done in 4 player in highest level possible GR.

farming t6 just kill boss or continue? depends on map spawns. Bad map rng I'll close at boss. Good maps (large prison, courtyard) Ill finish the t6 rift.

hope this helps.

Usually when i do T6 i do full clears until i'm farming shards for Kadala gambling.

However it's better to do high GR since they're just as fast with the right gear - it's all about how much time it takes for you. 10 minutes runs are slow - you should aim to <6 mins runs. Usually the sweet spot is GR40, after that things start to become harder to kill while your damage is the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Thank you so much for your replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Usually when i do T6 i do full clears until i'm farming shards for Kadala gambling.

However it's better to do high GR since they're just as fast with the right gear - it's all about how much time it takes for you. 10 minutes runs are slow - you should aim to <6 mins runs. Usually the sweet spot is GR40, after that things start to become harder to kill while your damage is the same.
    What sucks about GRs is if you are trying to string multiple ones together to cap out at 40-42 (40+ gives 250 blood shards regardless of GR level) is hanging around waiting for the time. Once I totally fucked up the rift trial so I just let my companion and follower kill the GR29 rift guardian (which took about 4 minutes) to get a 36 stone, and then a 42 rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What sucks about GRs is if you are trying to string multiple ones together to cap out at 40-42 (40+ gives 250 blood shards regardless of GR level) is hanging around waiting for the time. Once I totally fucked up the rift trial so I just let my companion and follower kill the GR29 rift guardian (which took about 4 minutes) to get a 36 stone, and then a 42 rift.
    Tbh i do just level 38-40 by teleporting out of trial realm as soon i reach the desired level.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.