Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

I think somebody that requires wine or coffee everyday is also dependent on it
    It's not about requiring that glass, you seem to have a real issue understanding the difference between recreational use and dependency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's not about requiring that glass, you seem to have a real issue understanding the difference between recreational use and dependency.
    So why need it everyday

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Agreed. They also always go and on about it in random situations, e.g. trying to find sneaky ways to find what others have as their source(s), even when they are only on the same continent, let alone not the same country, or their last adventure doing it at the same time as something else.

It would be like a smoker discussing the last time they puffed up or even what brand they used. The worst I found are actually Americans in this regard (sorry, this trope seem true). It is like it is a part of American Millenial identity and it is expected everyone knows at least something about it and happy to chat endlessly on it, with its very own subculture, memes, anniversaries, hangouts, recognized brands, sources, stories, TV/movies, coolness to know someone on or with access to medical version, blah, blah, blah ... Never hear the end of it.

All the while, you thought you were all just playing a game or learning a language or studying something!

</rant - yeah, I'm bitter. Feels shit when you feel often excluded over something you have no interest in when you thought you were all there precisely because you share a strong interest in something>
    I don't like baseball. Its annoying that so many people like baseball and talk about baseball. Its stupid its a bunch of grown men swatting at a ball with a stick then running in a circle. The worst about this are the Americans always talking about a team like they are on it and actually invested in it. Can't go anywhere without their stupid baseball caps. Always trying to figure out which team someone likes or if they actually go to the games. I hate this because I don't like it and I'm excluded from it. Baseball is stupid. All that time spent on baseball could be used learning a language or hanging out with friends without baseball.

Maybe there's some disconnect here. I feel some people view others as "needing" it when in reality it's just "wanting". Putting in effort to do something does not imply that they "need" it, but rather that it's something they enjoy.

Someone could enjoy have a some drinks/smokes/etc every day after work, and might even go out of their way to obtain/use it, but on the same token would be perfectly fine with NOT doing it. The amount of effort put in by some who do this seems to come across as "necessity", when in reality it's not. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, and may not even be a majority, but it's more prevalent than I think people give it credit.

I'll be completely honest, the main reason I enjoy smoking is more for the social aspect, much the same reason I enjoy drinking and going out to bars.

Do I get excited if someone mentions they brought their stuff with them? Sure I do.
    Do I get upset when no one does? Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why need it everyday
    There's no need involved only wanting to do so, no different than people watching news. Go ask any psychologist what actual addictive use involves and you"ll see how wrong you are, for me this merry-go-round is at its end.

Deleted
    There's no need involved only wanting to do so, no different than people watching news. Go ask any psychologist what actual addictive use involves and you"ll see how wrong you are, for me this merry-go-round is at its end.
    Yeah I hear that BS all the time "I aren't dependent on it, I could go without if I wanted but I don't want to"

- - - Updated - - -

Also dependency and addiction aren't the same

Yeah I hear that BS all the time "I aren't dependent on it, I could go without if I wanted but I don't want to"
    Take another situation then. I'm a coffee drinker who absolutely loves to stop by starbucks to get a coffee before going to work everyday.

WANTING:I woke up late for work and don't have to time to stop for coffee. Oh well, I'll get one tomorrow.

NEEDING:I woke up late for work and don't have time to stop for coffee, but I'm going to do it anyway because I really really "want" it. This is where you start seeing the excuses. "Well I'm already late for work so stopping for coffee won't make a difference anyway"

If the "wanting" person can manage to always fit in time for coffee without negatively affecting the other aspects of their day, they shouldn't be labled as "addicted" because they make time for something they enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Take another situation then. I'm a coffee drinker who absolutely loves to stop by starbucks to get a coffee before going to work everyday.

WANTING:I woke up late for work and don't have to time to stop for coffee. Oh well, I'll get one tomorrow.

NEEDING:I woke up late for work and don't have time to stop for coffee, but I'm going to do it anyway because I really really "want" it. This is where you start seeing the excuses. "Well I'm already late for work so stopping for coffee won't make a difference anyway"

If the "wanting" person can manage to always fit in time for coffee without negatively affecting the other aspects of their day, they shouldn't be labled as "addicted" because they make time for something they enjoy.
    That depends on how said person feels without coffee

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Also dependency and addiction aren't the same
    uhm physical or psychological dependency is the root of an addiction, what are you even saying at this point? Are you merely keeping this on to argue for the sake of it?

It's not "bs", daily habits do not mean daily needs and do not imply dependency or addiction, open up a book once in a while on this subject and it will become clear.
    In short unless you start to move your daily actions fully around that habit and full filling it than it starts to show signs of addiction.

That depends on how said person feels without coffee
    No it doesn't. Someone who is not addicted can control their intake regardless of how it makes them feel. Even if they feel shitty without coffee, they're not going to sacrifice other aspects just so they can "get their fix".

Now if this person saw an opportunity in their daily to work in coffee while doing what they were already doing they might, but that's more a matter of convenience than necessity. Had that situation not occured that would have been fine moving alone with their day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post

Just to point out the bolded part is the samething i just stated, regards habits and when it starts to become an addiction.

Deleted
    uhm physical or psychological dependency is the root of an addiction, what are you even saying at this point? Are you merely keeping this on to argue for the sake of it?

It's not "bs", daily habits do not mean daily needs and do not imply dependency or addiction, open up a book once in a while on this subject and it will become clear.
    In short unless you start to move your daily actions fully around that habit and full filling it than it starts to show signs of addiction.
    I thought you said you was done? You're the one who started a pointless debate because somebody dare say they don't enjoy the company of stoners, a term used for people dependent / addicted to cannabis

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you said you was done? You're the one who started a pointless debate because somebody dare say they don't enjoy the company of stoners, a term used for people dependent / addicted to cannabis
    You replied, i replied back. But it seems you have issues accepting when you are wrong and rather stay in your bubble so yep i'm done seeing multiple people have pointed you out on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I never really seen the appeal

Every stoner I met IRL or online turned out to be incredibly boring people dependent on pot for any kind of enjoyment
    Huge sample set bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt if you do go out, you would be even able to tell people apart who used drugs and who didn't
    Haha, I always laugh when people say this.

That's all dependent on a number of factors. The quantity required for affect ect

- - - Updated - - -

So people who game everyday or say walk every day are dependent on said activity/habit? Humans are creatures of habit, everyone has them, for me I can't drink alcohol due to having bad reactions to it even when just drinking 1 beer or a mikes. So instead I enjoy smoking in the evening or night before bed, I didn't smoke for a while last year due to a job I had but now that it's policies changed I decided to have a go at it again.

People do what their comfortable with, as long as they aren't hurting others I see no issue with it. Personally I'd never drive high or go to work high, it's something I like to use from the comfort of my home.