Windows 10 question

I have a question that I haven't found an answer to yet. When they release it next month and I do my upgrade. I currently run windows 8.1 pro. Will my computer be upgraded to windows 10 pro or are they only letting people upgrade to the basic version?

- - - Updated - - -

nvrmind just found the answer. please delete this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Lives Matter

Last edited by mik11231; 2015-06-07 at 03:25 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get the like Windows 10 version. So you would get Win 10 Pro if you have Win 8.1 Pro now. Same for Win 7/8/8.1 Home to Win 10 Home.

let me try to reconstruct what happens:

- you were to lazy to google it

- you opened a thread despite the fact that writing it takes longer than the google search

- you realized it could tke time till someone answers your question

- you wont wait and googled it

now i have to ask you: have you something learned for the future ?

damn, lazy ppl are so damn stupid. they invest more time in being lazy as they need to stay lazy.

you should read what a pyrrhic victory is. you could google it, but cause i know you are lazy, i did it for you:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

Infracted - Please post constructively, instead of just to insult people. The irony is not lost on me.
    Last edited by chazus; 2015-06-07 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

- you opened a thread despite the fact that writing it takes longer than the google search

damn, lazy ppl are so damn stupid. they invest more time in being lazy as they need to stay lazy.
    how does that help though? some people just don't have confidence in their ability to find stuff and prefer asking others it's not necessarily laziness there's no reason to get all negative about it

Quote Originally Posted by mik11231 View Post
    how does that help though? some people just don't have confidence in their ability to find stuff and prefer asking others it's not necessarily laziness there's no reason to get all negative about it
    Judging by his post history he clearly has social issues. It's easier to ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

you should read what a pyrrhic victory is. you could google it, but cause i know you are lazy, i did it for you:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory
    You're just like a giant ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

Or maybe, just maybe

They tried looking, couldn't find it, decided to ask and keep looking on the off chance of finding it, and well, here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're just like a giant ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

Or maybe, just maybe

They tried looking, couldn't find it, decided to ask and keep looking on the off chance of finding it, and well, here we are.
    Thank you. I mean if nothing else at least now if others have the same question on this forum they can consult this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Thank you. I mean if nothing else at least now if others have the same question on this forum they can consult this thread.
    I mean, I didn't have the question, I didn't even think about this at all. But now I know, so that's a plus for me.

Win 10 just mix up the Win 8 and Win 7 features. By the way, what do you mean by the basic version?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen000 View Post
    Win 10 just mix up the Win 8 and Win 7 features. By the way, what do you mean by the basic version?
    He means 'home' version.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

A little bit off topic since the question is already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen000 View Post
    Win 10 just mix up the Win 8 and Win 7 features.
    Yeah totally...
    - Windows Edge is obviously a mix of W8 and W7 features right?
    - Cross platform gaming is also mix of W8 and W7 features right?
    - How about DirectX 12? Which IIRC will be Windows 10 exclusive. (not sure this counts as a feature, but will throw it in nontheless)
    - Cortana is obviously a mix of W8 and W7 features too!
    - and Virtual Desktops?

There are probably more things that I'm not up-to-date on.
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2015-06-08 at 04:39 AM.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+