Poll: Do you think blizzard will cave and allow flying after all?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    3 million lost in 3 months is NOT typical. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.
    Gaining 3m non-loyal players who got rekt by blizzard's clever marketing isn't exactly losing 3m subs, it's losing 3m players who never really were there. Those locusts are just for the money grab and wouldn't ever stick with wow long term, no matter how "good" it was.

Just like the people unsubbing over non-flying. Those aren't loyal wow players either. It's expected people like those come and go as time passes

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    The majority of players don't care either way, and it seems the vocal minority wants flying back.
    I could argue the opposite and say the vocal minority wanted it taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Gaining 3m non-loyal players who got rekt by blizzard's clever marketing isn't exactly losing 3m subs, it's losing 3m players who never really were there. Those locusts are just for the money grab and wouldn't ever stick with wow long term, no matter how "good" it was.

Just like the people unsubbing over non-flying. Those aren't loyal wow players either. It's expected people like those come and go as time passes
    Doesn't matter if they were loyal or not. WoW has NEVER had a dip that quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    No because no flying means they can add less content. Compare the size of WoD vs MoP. Plus we're considered cyclical.
    This is what it is all about. Lazy design by a bunch of 2nd rate game designers. This game is in it's latest life phase anyway. They are just waiting to pull the plug. Flying will not return because of future design choices like 2D cartboard designs.

The 300-500 pro-flying people posting about it on the official forums circle jerking to their +300 upvote posts hopefully will unsub over this. Doubt there are more than those 500 ppl who'd acutally unsub over non-flying.
    Pro flyers will cancel if flying is in deed permanently removed

Anti flyers will gripe if flying is put back in.

One group costs blizzard money they other does not. The anti flying group is just too small

Impossible to say.

Designers and producers change, the game changes with it.

Voted no since I hardly doubt 3 million left over no flying. And because it really is not that bad being on the ground for a change.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tuesday View Post
    There is no real support for non flying so that will not hurt them.
    This is what makes your whole statement completely broken. There several serious reasons for the implementation of no flying.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tuesday View Post
    Blizzard flat out said we were caught off guard by the immense player rage surrounding their decision to remove flying.

Do you think they will change their minds? I think they just might. They have already lost over 3 million subs in 3 months. Returning flying would make many people happy. There is no real support for non flying so that will not hurt them.
    They didn't lose 3 million people because of 'No Flying'. Stop even suggesting that is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's more fun than walking to the next mob.
    But that is the way it should be.

What's next? Give everyone teleport abilities, kill mob A, teleport to mob B, then teleport to quest giver, then teleport back to main city.

Same thing teleport to rare spawn, teleport to raid boss, teleport to Garrison.

What? If you don't want to use teleport you don't have to use it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I would be more interested in with those not wanting to see flying return, you say you don't want it back but you do not say exactly why you don't want it to return.. And if your excuse is because it ruins "immersion", "sense of danger", and so on then you know that excuse is BS..

And well we have had flying from Burning Crusade, through WoTLK, Cataclysm and MoP and during that period and the game flourished only at the end of WoTLK and during Cata and MoP did the game start going downhill but that was more for a myriad of other problems the game had..

One of the main reasons to remove player flying is to be able to cut corners on how the terrain looks, if anyone who played during vanilla knows is that the bulk of the terrain was like you see on movie sets just a fancy facade..

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    But that is the way it should be.

What's next? Give everyone teleport abilities, kill mob A, teleport to mob B, then teleport to quest giver, then teleport back to main city.

Same thing teleport to rare spawn, teleport to raid boss, teleport to Garrison.

What? If you don't want to use teleport you don't have to use it.
    No, what's next is less and smaller zones, because no flying makes them "feel larger" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    What I would be more interested in with those not wanting to see flying return, you say you don't want it back but you do not say exactly why you don't want it to return.. And if your excuse is because it ruins "immersion", "sense of danger", and so on then you know that excuse is BS..

And well we have had flying from Burning Crusade, through WoTLK, Cataclysm and MoP and during that period and the game flourished only at the end of WoTLK and during Cata and MoP did the game start going downhill but that was more for a myriad of other problems the game had..

One of the main reasons to remove player flying is to be able to cut corners on how the terrain looks, if anyone who played during vanilla knows is that the bulk of the terrain was like you see on movie sets just a fancy facade..
    True. I don't want it back because it does not affect my ability to play the game in any major aspect. Anyone who claims it ruins immersion though is a bit silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I could argue the opposite and say the vocal minority wanted it taken away.

Doesn't matter if they were loyal or not. WoW has NEVER had a dip that quickly.
    It also never had a rise that strong. It was all about marketing. It gained 3m and lost 3m. Just imagine that spike wasn't there. Wow's population would have stayed unchanged. It's just the people that quit who wanted to take a look at the new expansion.

They will. Otherwise it will be a signal of Wow turning into niche "Elite" game - i.e. Blizzard are starting to develop Wow not for everyone, but for some restricted number of "true fans". I guess, that they've realized, that they can't continue milking Wow via trying to keep as much players subbed, as possible, just because they run out of new ideas and room for improvements. Now they don't care, that may be less then million of players will play Wow - they just want to develop Wow the way, they want, not the way, they should or even have to.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2015-06-07 at 03:40 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mmersi0n View Post
    This is what it is all about. Lazy design by a bunch of 2nd rate game designers. This game is in it's latest life phase anyway. They are just waiting to pull the plug. Flying will not return because of future design choices like 2D cartboard designs.
    That is it exactly removing flying enables them to cut corners in pretty much everything to do with how the terrain looks.

It also never had a rise that strong. It was all about marketing. It gained 3m and lost 3m. Just imagine that spike wasn't there. Wow's population would have stayed unchanged. It's just the people that quit who wanted to take a look at the new expansion.
    The rise was about marketing, the loss was about quality, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard always caves, they always nerf everything to be quick and easy. flying is definitely coming back. i'm just enjoying using my ground mounts while i still can.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would be more interested in with those not wanting to see flying return, you say you don't want it back but you do not say exactly why you don't want it to return.. And if your excuse is because it ruins "immersion", "sense of danger", and so on then you know that excuse is BS...
    Firstly, see my "teleport" example.

Secondly, raid entrance gank, you gotta love them. Flying let people get into raid too easily, at least Icecrown had a long low ceiling corridor before the raid entrance that let people stop fly mount getting through.

Thirdly, people who fly down and gank you and fly off. People can still gank you while riding their land mount, but they won't be able to get away as fast as they could, give you a much better chance to come back at them.

Lastly, it let you "cherry pick" your destination. It is convenient, but it isn't good for the game. Too much convenience is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    This is what makes your whole statement completely broken. There several serious reasons for the implementation of no flying.
    I would guess:

15% of players are really pissed flying is gone.

80% of players do not really care one way or another.

5% of players are anti flight.

My point is of all three groups, only the pro flyers will cancel. That is my opinion. If blizzard saw a 10 to 15 percent of predominately western based subs drop, well..... That would certainly open some eyeballs up.

Deleted

That argument is INVALID. Draenor is fully functional for flying. It's a common misbelief from pro-flyers blizzard is doing this to save terrain ressources
    /Facepalm