Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Hearthstone is dying" Blizzard forums

"Get serious blizzard and save hearthstone cause it's dying and it's a big shame, just work hard..."

This was written on US forums of Hearthstone about the new paid skin.

What do you think of this, if i am not mistaken HS is far from dying lelz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Most of the people that visit those forums are noobs anyway. This site or hearthpwn is where the real players go. Also, it's ridiculous how those same people are so black and white about everything. There's no in between. People said the same thing after GvG was released, "is this the end of HS as we know it?". lol please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    "Get serious blizzard and save hearthstone cause it's dying and it's a big shame, just work hard..."

This was written on US forums of Hearthstone about the new paid skin.

What do you think of this, if i am not mistaken HS is far from dying lelz
    Already a lengthy thread about this.

"X Blizzard game is dying, blah blah blah."

It sucks to be the popular game.

I know that when companies have failing products they keep investing vast amounts of money into it so it can become even more of a sink for them.

Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that people on that forum regularly complain about thoughtsteal being gamebreaking and op along with mind control should give you an insight into what type of player posts there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Hearthstone is the most popular it's ever been, how could it possibly be dying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    I know that when companies have failing products they keep investing vast amounts of money into it so it can become even more of a sink for them.

Oh wait.
    When companies have failing products they start focusing on cheap cash-grabs from the fanatic fringe rather than long term improvements to the core game. Like now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    When companies have failing products they start focusing on cheap cash-grabs from the fanatic fringe rather than long term improvements to the core game. Like now.
    yeah maybe wow, but hearthstone and Heroes of the storm are well on the rise. It may just be me who thinks this, but it might be time for blizzard to drop mmos and focus on other game types.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Actually thats what games have turned into now across all platforms in some form or another.

Not yet.
    Blizzard is still marketing the game.

The biggest flaw for these card games is how Blizzard introduces more cards.
    It has to retire some of the old cards.

HS is doing really well right now, if you pay attention to every cunt on the internet, and the person who posted that on the US forums certainly is one, you'd probably want to take your own life.

i think those posts should be locked and ignored, it's the in thing to hate on blizzard right now, people love to see a huge success fall because their own lives are empty of success.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one game by Blizzard that wont die anytime soon it's Hearthstone. It's hugely popular, at least where I live.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

According to the community every blizzard game is dying.
    Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This is just how it starts, then it will start corrupting other areas, because some people will actually buy into it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    30 million players tells me otherwise. I would imagine Blizzard has had no trouble making money off the game either, even though the content is a bit on the expensive side for what you get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Not yet.
    Blizzard is still marketing the game.

The biggest flaw for these card games is how Blizzard introduces more cards.
    It has to retire some of the old cards.
    The biggest problem with taking out old existing cards is that people who have spent money to obtain cards, are then getting screwed out of the ability to use them. While I understand that the more sets that come out the more power creep potential there is, I think the onus should be on the design team to actually make older cards more easily accessible for new players. Heck, when the next set comes out, vanilla packs should cost 10 gold each and GvG cards could be 50 gold, or cheaper cash as well. It would still be a justified way of generating revenue while also allowing newer players easier access to building meta decks that would at least be viable against newer card sets. One of the biggest issues I have right now is that GvG really made some classes far better after it's release, like Mech Mage is a pretty strong deck and was pretty non existent until GvG came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    30 million players tells me otherwise. I would imagine Blizzard has had no trouble making money off the game either, even though the content is a bit on the expensive side for what you get.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem with taking out old existing cards is that people who have spent money to obtain cards, are then getting screwed out of the ability to use them. While I understand that the more sets that come out the more power creep potential there is, I think the onus should be on the design team to actually make older cards more easily accessible for new players. Heck, when the next set comes out, vanilla packs should cost 10 gold each and GvG cards could be 50 gold, or cheaper cash as well. It would still be a justified way of generating revenue while also allowing newer players easier access to building meta decks that would at least be viable against newer card sets. One of the biggest issues I have right now is that GvG really made some classes far better after it's release, like Mech Mage is a pretty strong deck and was pretty non existent until GvG came out.
    to be fair mech anything was non existent before GvG. You had one or two mechs that were used as fillers in your mana curve and the rest were discarded. GvG brought synergy to mechs and like you said some classes benefited more than others. Hence why we see mech mages who turn all their spare fireballs for the win condition. It's not to say that these new mechs are overpowered as many are very balanced. The problem is the small handful that are straight op or in the context of a deck architype are op.

For example annoy-o-tron is a fairly balanced card. In a fight with a 2/2 it goes even and loses to 2/3 that you see for 2 mana. However in the context of a mech mage it's a minion that extremely hard to remove in 1 turn that counts as mech that enables tinkertown techs and blastmages which are straight op when their effect triggers.

Deleted
    Well WoW has been dying since TBC.

8 more years of HS isn't too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    There goes Gimix with another thread about what someone said on the forums or some random forum goer ''worry''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    There goes Gimix with another thread about what someone said on the forums or some random forum goer ''worry''.
    Good guy Gimlix right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post