Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really really really don't want De Gea to leave :/ I mean we're in the CL now, or playoff's at least, we have a huge ass spending budget to fix the team.

DON'T LEAVE DE GEA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Villa release Darren Bent.

Yes, the one they paid £18 million for 4 years ago..
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Villa release Darren Bent.

Yes, the one they paid £18 million for 4 years ago..
    And he went to Derby.

Deleted
    We just need to keep a hold of Lacazette and Fekir and we'll be alright.

Good thing we're back in the champions league as well, will give us some more dosh to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Some discussion questions:
    Who do you want your team to sign?
    Who do you want your team to get rid of?
    What positions need strengthening?
    Most overrated transfer target?
    1. Peter Cech or Hugo Loris
    2. Nobody really. Apart from players like Abou Diaby/Flamini who basically just take up wages at this point.
    3. Goalkeeper, CDM, Striker
    4. Raheem Sterling will be the most overrated and overpriced player of the year.

Arsenal POV ofc

Really can't see us getting Cech or Loris since United are probably after them and Spurs would definitely sell to united before arsenal. We really need a top, top goalkeeper though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sterling most over rated for sure.

Deleted
    We've lined up a friendly with Getafe at Cappielow.

Should be decent. Not often we play La Liga teams (albeit a friendly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Yeah I have np with that. I could reopen the other thread, but 2 threads running at the same time... idk. If people really want it opened again I don't mind, but feel free to talk about it here.

edit: changing the thread title to accommodate summer football discussion.
    No plz , last year was a nigthmare between the WC and the summer thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post
    No plz , last year was a nigthmare between the WC and the summer thread.
    No to which... me opening the other thread, or the discussion being in here? As I changed the thread title of this thread to accommodate summer footy discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33050289 fifas vanity film made $400 at the box office...

- - - Updated - - -

No to which... me opening the other thread, or the discussion being in here? As I changed the thread title of this thread to accommodate summer footy discussion.
    Yeah, no 2 threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Some discussion questions:
    From a blades PoV
    1. Any just past it prem player
    2. Basham, Alcok, Howard,most of the shit deadwood
    3. Striker,CD,GK,wingers
    4. Will either be sterling or kane moving and being a flop

Deleted
    no to opening another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to two threads please, unless it's an international tournament summer, just stick to the one thread.

Edit: Oh wait, I just realised, you've got the Euros AND the Olympics next summer D3v. Enjoy the quietness while it lasts...
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

nobody watches Olympic football anyway so I doubt it is a big deal

Deleted
    I'm probably going to do a test run for the Olympics this year, since the first ever European Games start in a week, and the Euros don't really excite me. I'll be booking the Olympics off from work.

Barnsley have signed Marley Williams from Inverness, scorer of the winning goal in the Scottish Cup final. Cue Scots whining about how players would turn down European football with the third best team in the SPL to go "play with the likes of Barnsley". Think it sums up where the SPL is.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2015-06-08 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33050289 fifas vanity film made $400 at the box office...
    Sad to see Tim Roth debasing himself in such drivel.
    Unsurprising to see Depardieu do it though, the tosser.

Liverpool signing Danny Ings and Jimmy Milner.
    Plodders don't get you into the Champions League Branda, no matter how much outstanding character they have.

Deleted
    Bacca linked to Roma.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want wagna to sing all da playas.

And Theo to sign da ting.

Probably those who won't contribute anything significant, so Podolski, Joel Campbell, Ryo Miyaichi and maybe Flamini, as he can be a bit of a liability these days (though I like him for his astonishing ability to pick up a yellow card for hacking someone every time he plays).

And, sad as it is due to his attempt to kick racism out of football, Abou Diaby. On his day he's a fantastic footballer, but he still has the inconsistency you associate with someone developing, which is almost certainly down to the injuries he's had robbing him of the chance to progress.

I hope we keep Jenkinson, even if it requires another season out on loan. Ditto for Sanogo, though again he probably needs a lengthy loan spell or two or three.

My biggest hope is that we'll get rid of Injury List, he's been a dreadful signing. We've have Shad Forsythe on board for a season now and hopefully that'll pay off over the next few seasons, it's been nice to see him, to see him nice.

Defensive midfield to provide back up/competition to Le Coq and I wouldn't be upset if Wenger brought in a top quality goalie, though I don't think that is as urgent as others do - Szczesny and Ooooooooospina are decent if not great.

We're pretty solid in defence now that we have Gabriel and the emergence of Bellerin, and offensively we are okay. If they bring in that fabled "World Class" striker, then all the better, but goal scoring isn't really our problem at the moment.

Ibrahimovich, Sterling and any one of the 200 others we will be linked with this Summer that we aren't going to buy. I don't even bother clicking any link on Newsnow that says something like "Arsenal set to snap up £25m star" or "Striker deal imminent for Gunners", as if they can't be arsed to print the players name in the headline then you know it's entirely fabricated clickbait crap.

If there is one thing I have learnt about Arsene's transfer policy over the last three centuries, it is that nobody has a clue about Arsene's transfer policy, possibly even Arsene...except that he'll buy some injury prone young attacker from the French leagues, that's a given.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't watch the WWC. It's high school football. I don't care if a match ends 5-5, the excitement for me quickly drops once you see how they play.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I just can't watch the WWC. It's high school football. I don't care if a match ends 5-5, the excitement for me quickly drops once you see how they play.
    And then they say they should be paid the same. Honestly, I'm angry that the media are pretending to care for fear of being called sexist.